Microsoft Concept Artist Reviews | Glassdoor

Concept Artist

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Certain groups can have poor work-life balance" (in 1180 reviews)

• "Outdated review system which is anything but fair" (in 526 reviews)

1. "Overall MS review"

Current Contractor - Artist, Concept Artist, Illustrator, Graphic Designer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to work in the environment they provide. Flexible work situations. I can work from home in order to concentrate more intensely. Managers were easy to talk with and communicated their needs to me in a way that was urgent but not intimidating.

Cons

The only things that I feel uneasy about have to do with the way contract employees are treated sometimes with derision or indifference. Also there is a lack of commitment to hiring artists full time. It does happen but after working as a contractor on and off for over 15 years for them I would have thought there would have been an opening for a full time position.

Advice to Management

Allow for more inclusion of contractors on meetings that will help them get their work done. More information about the product's direction that we are working on will help in the long run.