Microsoft Reviews in Lone Tree, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2016

4.0

"Product Advisor"

Former Employee - Product Advisor in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid first job out of college for those trying to build a resume or unsure of their career path. Great health benefits, cool tech perks, and a fun work environment. Tons of opportunities to learn computer competencies and become fluent in Office - skills that help in any future position. Microsoft as a whole has a strong company culture.

Cons

Management has changed since I was employed at the Microsoft Store, but at the time there were many empty-promises made (surrounding promotions within the store / company) to top-performing employees. I believe this was done to get people to stick around longer than they would have, otherwise, since Lone Tree is a top-performing store. At times, it felt like 10% of the employees were doing 90% of the work. Things... may have changed since then, but I'm not sure.

Advice to Management

Again - management has largely changed, but to previous management: don't put people in "flex roles" or "stretch roles" with promises of promotion if you're not going to follow through. This practice is clearly a way to convince employees to take on more responsibilities for the same pay.

Microsoft2016-01-20