Microsoft Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Nashville, TN

5.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Certain groups can have poor work-life balance" (in 1154 reviews)

• "Outdated review system which is anything but fair" (in 525 reviews)

"Account Techology Strategist (ATS)"

Current Employee - Account Technical Strategist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Technical Strategist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As an ATS I get to be in a position to lead sales efforts over multiple years with assigned accounts. This allows me to be strategic and build great rapport and relationships with my accounts key stakeholders. I'm less motivated by whatever is happening this quarter because my eyes are on a future state. Great job to be technical, consultative, business acumen is a must, and your ability to lead/collaborate with the account manager. I love it!

Cons

Sometimes you have to assert your influence more than I think you should to change directives or thinking from the sales side. However, if you're competent this isn't much of a con. The pay is good, but not as good as an Account Manager - it is a balance. We as ATSs don't have to do as much admin BS as the AM... so it may balance out.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in 1:1 pairings from ATS/AM teams especially in EPG. Rethink this ATS Manager thing... It is a bad idea.

2. "Cutthroat culture"

Former Employee - Technical Sales Professional in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Technical Sales Professional in Nashville, TN

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting and full of opportunities. A lot of very talented people. Opportunities to get good training. Good benefits.

Cons

The performance plan and recognition tend to reward throwing people under the bus. It doesn't encourage teamwork. It encourages putting yourself ahead of others to survive.

Advice to Management

Change the bell curve plan. Ask yourself, is it possible that everyone on the team is a good performer?

Showing 2 of 20,105 reviews