Microsoft Senior Technology Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Microsoft Senior Technology Specialist Reviews

Updated 18 Feb 2014

Found 7 reviews

4.2

"Microsoft is a great place to work!"

Senior Technology Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Microsoft offers some of the best benefits imaginable. From totally free health insurance for the entire family, to generous time off. After eight years at Microsoft, I received four weeks of vacation this year. This year, my wife and I also had a baby. I haven't paid a single penny in health care costs related to either the pregnancy or the labor/delivery and subsequent pediatric care. No copay, no deductible,... nothing. Microsoft also offers infant care leave for mothers AND fathers. As a new dad, I received an automatic four weeks paid leave. Combined with my four weeks of vacation, I took two paid months off of work when my daughter was born. You simply cannot beat these benefits. Add to these benefits the 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Stock Awards and an incredible pay package and Microsoft simply cannot be beat!

Cons

Work, Work, Work! I work extremely hard and work long hours to exceed my goals. Oftentimes, there isn't much recognition. Additionally, because MSFT is a huge company, there are way too many corporate rules and regulations to abide by and the bureaucratic nonsense oftentimes gets in the way of good performance. Distance to corporate is also a downside. I work in the field and only make it to Seattle at most... twice a year. Everyone in Redmond lives in an ivory tower and the disconnect between the field and corporate is shocking - from a culture and a realistic perspective.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat. Get rid of underperforming employees. Get rid of 25% of middle management. Allow your stellar individual contributors to contribute without so many ridiculous administrative tasks.

Microsoft2008-12-08
  2. "What an amazing company to work for !"

Former Employee - Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) in Washington, DC

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great technology, good pay, among the best health benefits, and very smart co-workers. I worked for Microsoft in its heyday and it will be the greatest company I've ever worked for.

Cons

In the past 5 years or so Microsoft has become a revenue focused company with licensing being the primary objective of customer interactions & employee measurement.

Advice to Management

In the EPG space your people and their relationships with Enterprise customers are your most valuable asset.

Microsoft2013-12-10
  3. "Best Employee"

Current Employee - Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) in New York, NY

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good management and supportive work force

Cons

Salary needs to be increased for employees who are long working

Advice to Management

keep up the good work......

Microsoft2012-09-21
  4. "Wish Microsoft Would Compensate Its High Performers Better!"

Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

The best reason is the ability to always learn new technologies and being on the cutting edge.

Cons

The constant pace of performing at a very high level.

Advice to Management

4 weeks vacation and and automatic 20% increase in salary.

Microsoft2008-04-19
  5. "it is really "people first" company"

Former Employee - Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) in Moscow

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great culture, a lot of self-development opportuniies, company investing in people education like no other vendor I know, and real profy around you and good people at the same time.

Cons

stack ranking is not so bad until you got an powerfull enemy inside your team

Advice to Management

right desicion to cancel stack ranking;

Microsoft2014-02-19

"A whirlwind start with great prospects but then you learn the politics and the scorecard system"

Current Employee - Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) in Reading, England

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Huge resources, talented people, good benefits, opportunity to travel

Cons

Poor leadership from senior decision makers Paranoia about products. Staff find out stuff from partners or on the web before ifs announced internally

Advice to Management

Scrap the scorecard and allow successful people be more successful and fire the wasters

Microsoft2012-07-25
  7. "Microsoft is the best place to work with the ever changing environment with newer technologies."

Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) in Guwahati

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

I like computers & want to explore more about it & i will not find any other company on the globe to compete with this company. As it not only provides better facility to their employees but its also an honor to work under such giant company in the technology world.

Cons

I do not have any cons for this big company right now. And this is because i am seeing this company from outer side. What going inside is purely invisible for me. I am not in a position to critisise it now.

Advice to Management

Currently i am a very small guy and even i don't have a job. So i don't know much about the business tricks. But i will only like to say that if you want to survive in the competitive business world specially in Tech world you need to change the minds of the people with your continuous new innovations. Otherwise you will only remain doing the buying & selling. Change the world according to your own way & bring the... people on your path. THANK YOU.

Microsoft2012-04-28