Microsoft User Experience Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

User Experience Developer

5.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Certain groups can have poor work-life balance" (in 1180 reviews)

• "Outdated review system which is anything but fair" (in 526 reviews)

1. "Challenging internship with a great team developing test utilities for Windows Azure"

Current Intern - Windows Azure User Experience (User Experience) Software Development Engineer In Test in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My team was full of both bright and fun people who made going to work every day a pleasure, not only because it was fun, but because they were knowledgeable and reliable.

Cons

I was not placed in the proper team. I should have been in a lower-level position as I had never developed a website before and hadn't shown interest in doing so. That said, I grew from the experience, and getting hired full-time to the right team was a relatively painless process.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the interests of intern candidates. Although you can do any job for 12 weeks, it unfortunately will often pigeon-hole us at other companies. As an embedded developer before coming to Microsoft, I was quite worried I was only going to find web-dev jobs from other companies.

"Best Place to work on."

Current Employee - User Experience/UI Developer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - User Experience/UI Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible timing, Good working culture, Friendly team mates, hard working people, equal opportunity to lean and grow

Cons

Depending on the work pressure, sometime an individual needs to take up more than one project at a time. It happens sometime only which is totally fine as company also does lots of things for career development.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work.