Microvision Reviews | Glassdoor

Microvision Reviews

4.0
Microvision CEO and Director Alexander Tokman
Alexander Tokman

"Microvision is a great place!"

Current Employee - Not Telling As We Run So Thin A Job Title Would Give IT Away in Redmond, WA

Pros

The best reason to work at Microvision is the people. Everyone is very competent and driven. While this can be frustrating at times, it can also be quite inspirational. The next best reason is the technology. The technology that Microvision has is amazing and is sure to revolutionize the display industry.

Cons

Some of the downsides to working at Microvision is that Senior Management is not very good at communicating down to the regular employees. It's a bit embarrassing having a relative call me about a press release that I hadn't heard because we don't say anything internally. I think it was almost two months before they announced a huge sale of bar code scanners to the rest of the company. When all you are selling is one product at the moment those kinds of wins help pick people up!

One other big downside is that much of the company needs to switch their thinking from how they were before. I've never worked at a place that actually sold something that had so many barriers in place to finishing a sale, so many signatures are needed and physical pieces of paper need to go places, it's very inefficient. There are definite growing pains here as the company goes from an R & D house to a company that actually sells consumer products.

One final downside is that we are running very lean on people so often times you have to do things that are completely outside of your scope. While this is good at times, sometimes it feels like you get setup for failure.

Advice to Management

I would urge Senior Management to celebrate the wins when they happen. Also if there's news going out, even if it's "non news" let the rest of the company know so we don't look stupid when people ask us about it.

2. "so far"

Current Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

Pros

it is very innovative and passion

Cons

stressful and working is a bit boring

Advice to Management

be more open