Mid America Clinical Laboratories Medical Technologist Reviews | Glassdoor

Medical Technologist

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dianne VanNess

"I can finally wake up without feeling the dread of going to work for MACL."

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Williamsport, IN
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Williamsport, IN

I worked at Mid America Clinical Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being fired was the best thing that's happened to me in years! Lab staff in location is great-pre MACL.

Cons

Too many to list. First thing...company acquired too many locations at once. DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Advice to Management

BUCK UP. Admit that you are human and don't retaliate/get violent for your dishonesty & shortcomings.

"Awful"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Mid America Clinical Laboratories (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Insurance
    Can't think of anything else.

Cons

Upper management is terrible. They only worry about the bottom line despite the fact that they say money isn't the top concern. They are constantly under staffed and continue to try and cut the number of employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as people and realize that they are your greatest assets. Stop lying to the people who allow you to keep your jobs and provide them with the support they ask for and need.

3. "Poorly run company that does nothing to promote morale"

Current Employee - Lead Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Lead Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Insurance is decent
    Can get OT because we are always short staffed because no one wants to be employed by this company,

Cons

Pay is below average
    Very high volume with not enough employees to cover the workload.
    Quality of work is not where it should be
    Turnover is the worst I've seen.

Advice to Management

Your best assets are your EMPLOYEES. Treat them well and they would want to stay.

5. "Worst company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Medical Lab Technician/Technologist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Medical Lab Technician/Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Mid America Clinical Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none to mention

Cons

Everything about this place. Poorly run lab company that only cares about how much money they can make. Does not care about employees. Don't even think about a bonus or raise. Hard work is never rewarded. Maybe with a bag of rocks.

Advice to Management

What management??

"Couldn't be happier about being fired!"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Mid America Clinical Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

covered parking garage at regional.

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE!!! I was a well-tenured employee in my department and was fired for upsetting a newly hired employee over something dumb and completely not work related. To say a regular day at MACL is stressful is the UNDERSTATMENT of the century. I would leave work so exhausted at the end of the day, I had nothing left to give my family- and they couldn't care less. They always wanted more, more, more. They make promises to employees that they can't possibly ever keep- and what's more, they don't even try and yet they expect you to stand by your word at all costs.

Advice to Management

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!! GET OVER YOURSELVES AND REALIZE THAT WITHOUT EXPERIENCED, TENURED EMPLOYEES, YOU WILL NOT HAVE A COMPANY ANY LONGER. YOU ARE SUBJECTING PATIENTS TO SUB-PAR MEDICAL CARE DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINTS ON THE EMPLOYEES AND PRETENDING LIKE IT'S THE EMPLOYEE'S FAULT. YOU'VE GOTTEN IN SO MUCH OVER YOUR OWN HEADS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHICH END IS UP ANYMORE AND BEFORE TOO LONG, IT WON'T EVEN MATTER.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

You never know when you are going to be shown the door.
    Remember, I can fire you if I don't like the color of your scrubs. Don't know how often I heard that.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like human beings.

"I can not recommend MACL to anybody"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Central, IN
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Central, IN

I worked at Mid America Clinical Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience with this company has left with nothing positive to share with prospective employees. I can think of no true positives about this company to share.

Cons

Policies not enforced consistently across the different facilities. Training programs are non-existent. Opportunities to move to other MACL facilities limited by the needs (staffing level, current major projects such as computer/instrument installs) of the facility you are currently working.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with dignity and respect. My co-workersand I felt that management did not see us as people with lives and families but only as a means to acheive their goals. Stop putting profit ahead of quality patient care.

"Horrible to work for"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist

I worked at Mid America Clinical Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Double time on holidays would be the ONLY good thing about the company

Cons

A shame they call themselves a laboratory company. They disrespect the field by getting rid of as many 4 year Medical Technologists to replace them with "lab assistants (high school education required). Will do anything to save money as long as it doesn't affect upper managements salary! Actually were losing work at our hospital based lab as the doctors found out and moved the work to the other hospital in town!

Advice to Management

Realize that you need GOOD & EXPERIENCED Medical Technologists to do the work, not someone with a high school education. There is a reason we went to college for 4 years!