Mid-Atlantic ProTel Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Has your back b"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Waynesboro, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Waynesboro, PA

I have been working at Mid-Atlantic ProTel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff, understanding bosses, DISCOUNTS!

Cons

Not hitting targets, higher ups always on vacation.

2. "receptionist"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Brandon, MS
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Brandon, MS

I worked at Mid-Atlantic ProTel (Less than a year)

Pros

casual attire, business hours, most co workers are friendly

Cons

boring, gloomy atmosphere. no scheduled lunch or break

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Mid-Atlantic ProTel (More than 5 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities, monthly commission, friendly staff, PTO accrual, floating holidays, flexible schedule, extensive training program, Positions within this company will give you experience with customer service, sales, trouble shooting, data entry as well as give you a vast knowledge base on many kinds of mobile devices.

Cons

Minimal raises other than commission, Minimal assistance with customer escalations, Monthly targets and job expectations can be unrealistic regardless of store traffic

4. "Pathetic"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Mid-Atlantic ProTel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. And some employees are great to work with and for. And sometimes fun environments to work in. Benefits are also decent.

Cons

1. Micromanagement is an understatement. 2. Favoritism is horrible, most of the managers and district managers play favoritism with employees. 3. Hardworking employees get walked all over and screwed over however employees that are lazy and suck up get whatever they want. 4. When a management role is opening up they promise those positions to certain employees before even posting the job for other employees then interview for the position after applications and deny them the job even if they're suited for the job. 5. You'll never see your district managers or if you do it's because they're pissed off about something stupid and out of your control. 6. Higher management is quick to say things like "sell xyz service or product or well fire you and find someone who will" yet half of their Pittsburgh stores aren't even staffed properly. 7. Employees of this company are overall treated poorly and they don't care.

Advice to Management

Maybe if you treated your sales people fairly and equally you'd be able to keep your employees... And maybe if your district managers actually helped at the stores that they're needed at they wouldn't have as many issues.

5. "Has their ups and downs"

Former Employee - Telephone Operator in Martinsburg, WV
    Former Employee - Telephone Operator in Martinsburg, WV

Pros

They are a small family owned and operated company but they did have one of the best benefit packages I have ever received in a company of their size. Extremely inexpensive employee cell phone plan and the best health insurance I've ever received. They do promote from within for management openings so it would be a great place for somebody to break into management.

Cons

Management takes micromanagement to the extreme. Their PTO and attendance policy is very unforgiving. They provide a miniscule amount of PTO to be used for vacation time and sick time, but penalize you if you attempt to use PTO without prior authorization and approval for things such as emergencies and illness. Those with families should think twice before applying because they are not flexible when it comes to family emergencies.

Advice to Management

First of all, treat your employees fairly and equally. Understand that your employees lives revolve around their families first, then your company second.

6. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at Mid-Atlantic ProTel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Around the latest technology, interaction with customers

Cons

Rules changing often and without warning, expect a lot for little pay

Advice to Management

Raise the wage a little bit with what you are asking of employees. Some locations do not see as much traffic as others so goals can be difficult to accomplish, even with tenured associates.

"Sales Associate"

I have been working at Mid-Atlantic ProTel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The position for the most part is extremely laid back. During days when it is not busy, I can play on my phone, use the tablets, watch Netflix, eat snacks, etc. The coworkers are really cool and the store manager is fun. It's easy money. The benefits are decent. Dental sucks but medical is good.

Cons

Even though it is easy money, it is nowhere near enough money. The commission structure is a joke and is constantly changing. I've watched many people come and go because the pay is so low. I've even seen people interview for the position, get offered the job, and turn it down once they heard the wages. There is very little advancement opportunities. Store managers are some times brought from outside rather than within. Favoritism is an issue. Micro management also. Working with the general public is a nightmare at times. It's amazing how rude some people are.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR PEOPLE! We are the front line of your operation. We push the sales, we deal with the public, we do everything for your company but yet we are returned with paychecks that cause us to struggle. Myself and many other employees I've talked to are currently pursuing other career options. We have found companies who will pay us what we are worth since you will not. When you take care of your employees your employees will take care of your customers.

8. "Family Oriented"

Pros

The employee s I worked with made it worth coming to work every day

Cons

Stressful sales job but very good pay

9. "Sales associate"

I have been working at Mid-Atlantic ProTel full-time

Pros

Decent pay and easy to learn for some. Pay can be great if you work hard and get lucky.

Cons

Can be very slow at times which leads to a low commission check.

Advice to Management

Reward employees who actually work hard and help instead of rewarding just based off of numbers.

10. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Mid-Atlantic ProTel part-time

Pros

High energy sales driven environment. The company motivates employees through commission. The people working there help each other out and are great to work with.

Cons

High employee turnover rate. The company software is hard to use and is outdated compared to the corporate AT&T stores. This creates long wait times for customers.

Advice to Management

The company needs to spend more time training the employees. Also, regional managers could have a more positive attitude