Midaxo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Midaxo CEO Ari Salonen
Ari Salonen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Changing for the better"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited potential
    Ideal Market for the product
    New sales managment is making things better
    Great people
    Fun office layout

Cons

Startup Environment- long hours, comes with the territory
    Product team is mostly overseas
    Some departments are very "clicky"
    Kitchen Snacks need work

Advice to Management

Ignore the reviews of people who didn't actually contribute to the company. Focus on the people who are there grinding it out. Push the product team to keep iterating. All in all, things are getting better!

"The adventures of a startup"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Midaxo is on a mission to help M&A professionals execute on more successful M&A. We are the market leaders in the industry by afar, and are continuing to develop the platform and team required to bring this company to fruition. Individuals are optimistic and see the vision, and Midaxo feels like a small family where everyone gets along. While the previous reviews have some fairness to them, I believe they are deceptive, at best. Our startup has its fair share of bumps in the road, and no company is perfect. I continue to be bullish on the outlook of Midaxo

Cons

As some reviews have eluded to, there have been challenges that are not unique to Midaxo, they are ubiquitous. A fair bit of drama and cliquey-ness, which is to be found at any company. From my two years at Midaxo, I've seen our fair share of bumps in the road, and remain optimistic to our future as a company despite the challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire smart, like-minded individuals who want to continue to fuel our rocket-ship of a company. Listen to your people, and truly remain a meritocratic company.

"Opportunity"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time

Pros

Midaxo offers opportunities to team members to try their wings. My colleagues have recently opened an office in Europe, led relationships with consulting firms, shaped the product vision and roadmap, built the customer success team. I am a beneficiary of one such opportunity, and I am truly excited about it.

Cons

I have been surprised by the recent negative reviews on Glassdoor. They don't describe a company that I have observed. Having seen other growth companies, Midaxo's growth pain are quite small in comparison. There are things to fix, but the management seems be aware of them.

Advice to Management

Continue to give opportunities to high performers. Coach them. Squash rumors. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Jan 22, 2019

We appreciate the thoughtful feedback and we're happy to hear your experience has been an overall positive one.

Experiences and Opportunities are plentiful at Midaxo and we understand the value of... More

"Rapidly growing start-up with huge potential"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time

Pros

Strong growth - doubling or nearly doubling revenue every year. A lot of new people and new VPs hired in 2018 for marketing, sales, customer success and engineering. The product is still the best on the market and there are some big exciting new things coming out. Great colleagues and good atmosphere.

Cons

A lot of change as new VPs were hired for many important functions and many teams were reshaped. Not the most comfortable place for those who dislike fast change.

Advice to Management

Encourage better collaboration between teams and departments. Address growing pains with open discussion and more communication.

Jan 22, 2019

Thanks for the review! It's great to see more excitement around all of the changes we've made recently.

We're working out the kinks that come with rapid change and growth, one of them being... More

"Amazing people and customers!"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High growth start-up environment in a great location. I get to come to work and be surrounded by really passionate and smart people every day. The product is the best there is for CorpDev teams and our customers love the value they get from Midaxo. Our customers love working with our Customer Success team (they rock!)

Cons

With rapid growth come challenges and we're definitively going through that right now across the entire company. Training, onboarding, letting someone go, career-pathing, promoting and supporting new managers are some examples where the processes are simply immature and need attention.

I see how the executive team leads with heart and good intentions. They take feedback from employees very seriously and have started to address many of the most pressing areas called out in the most recent eNPS survey.

Advice to Management

- Increase communication even more.
    - Invite difficult conversations regularly and often.
    - Continue to execute the action plan from the last eNPS and share progress.

What Midaxo is going through is quite normal for a high-growth start-up. Just stick to the core values and continue to delight customers.

We just had our biggest Q4 ever and we're off to a flying start here in Q1.

I'm personally excited about Midaxo and can't wait to see what the future holds!

Jan 31, 2019

We've heard constant praise for our Customer Success team. They put the customer first and offer world-class support. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the people you work with - it's a smart and... More

"Leadership Have their Heads in the Clouds"

I worked at Midaxo full-time

Pros

- The co-founders seem like they are truly passionate about what the product is meant to deliver to the market.
    - The office admin and training lead try really hard to make Midaxo a great place to be and to work and I commend them for it. The flip side of this pro is that it unfortunately all feels like a ruse; see below.

Cons

- The product has been hung up making an infrastructure change for over 2 years, delaying important improvements that prospective clients are actively asking for and that competitors are building.
    - Leadership expects results even when the targets keep moving, making it really hard to stay motivated. To add insult to injury, there is a complete lack of mentorship for middle management; "make it work" isn't an effective carrot, folks. It's also a bit hypocritical to ask your managers to take mindfulness training when you yourself don't take the time to be similarly mindful or trained.
    - Some managers actively prevent collaboration from pulling their teams together for the greater good; they'd rather people keep their heads down and "stay in their lane."

Advice to Management

Listen to prospects and build what they're asking for. Instead of pretending everything's okay, you should really listen to and make quick actions of those eNPS scores and comments so that you can keep the really hard-working people you have on the ship.

Jan 14, 2019 – Manager, Strategic Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Our team is extremely passionate about bringing a valuable product to leading M&A teams, including more than 40+ Fortune 1,000 Companies... More

"Needs Work"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people are committed to making the company successful.

Cons

A lot of whispering goes on behind closed doors. The office is often silent, morale always seems to be low.

Advice to Management

Transparency doesn't and cannot happen over night.

"Startup with some major growing pains"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great perks (i.e. cold brew on tap, 401k, health insurance, snacks, etc.)
    -Coworkers are passionate, fun, and highly motivated
    -Product is in demand and extremely easy to use
    -Training is comprehensive and most managers value ongoing learning

Cons

-Multiple allegations of inappropriate behavior to HR have resulted in no action, which contributes heavily to attrition amongst female employees
    -Growth is extremely limited, with no one in management truly taking ownership of the business strategy
    -Product development is slow and competitors are able to innovate much more quickly
    -Salary is on the lower end of being competitive and opportunities for promotion are few and far between outside of entry level positions

Advice to Management

Examine the difference between Midaxo's written values and the behavior that is actually rewarded.

Jan 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We agree our people are passionate, fun, and highly motivated. Consistently evaluating and improving upon the Midaxo culture is... More

"Disasterous leadership"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time

Pros

It's a job and a pay check.

Cons

Some of the other recent reviews here have it exactly right.

The CEO and a key group of favorites at the company run the place like dictators. They are completely out of touch with the ground level organization and treat laborers like worthless means to an end. If you're not in the inner circle of managers and leadership, you're just a pawn and your ideas are considered worthless. Expect to be fired for no reason when you least expect it, because there's no rhyme of reason to who makes it and who doesn't.

The leaders, including the CEO, think that they are brilliant when, actually, their ideas are pedestrian and often don't make any sense. Managers and leadership don't have any humility and constantly reassure themselves that they are doing an amazing job, despite poor performance. Several key performers are subordinate to overbearing managers, despite being more capable and fit for leadership positions. The inmates are running the asylum.

HR and leadership talk about it how it's a great company to work for but pretty much everyone knows it really isn't. There are publicity stunts like "volunteering" and "team activities", but the whole thing feels like a giant sham.

HR has directly asked several employees to post positive Glassdoor reviews, which most employees have no intention of doing. It's not hard to see that the company is doing major damage control right now on Glassdoor by having HR and other employees post a lot of fake positive reviews right after these negative reviews keep getting posted. It's obviously fake when a bunch of positive reviews show up all on the same day and they all same the same thing, using the same buzzwords. HR must think people are stupid.

There is a lot of inappropriate behavior going on between various individuals and rumors spread like wild fire. Seeing sycophants and sell-outs pull favors for upper management and then receive promotions reminds me of something out of Mad Men and word certainly gets around. This type of environment only hurts morale and causes problems. Several people at the company seem to use the office as a stand-in for their social life and enjoy creating drama more than helping to grow a successful business. Somehow these same drama queens and kings consistently rise to positions of power.

Advice to Management

The CEO doesn't care about the long term projection for the company. Like another review here said, he is trying to make a quick buck, retire and move on. The board should take note of this and part ways with him. Someone with such short term vision shouldn't be the CEO. He's also oblivious to both the workings of the company and needs of our customers.

Along with the CEO, get rid of at least half of the management structure. Replace them with leaders that actually care about each and every employees and fostering a thriving environment for all of the departments.

Grow up. Stop rewarding the bullies and the "bros" in the company. Get rid of these people. Replace with considerate and thoughtful leaders, who don't patronize other employees in order to inflate their egos and enrich themselves. Put some decent people in these roles and turn the office into an appealing place to come to work each day.

Feb 11, 2019

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your deeply felt feedback. It is disheartening that any of our employees would feel that we don't value them. As you know, we administer eNPS surveys at... More

"Fool's Gold"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time

Pros

- Hard working CS team

Cons

The failings of this company mirror the failings of the CEO. His most glaring issues include:
    - Zero self-awareness: He is unable to step back, evaluate his past actions, and take accountability for any mistakes. Instead, he makes excuses and blames others.
    - No idea how to execute: All major initiatives are debated endlessly, with zero time spent thinking about deadlines, tasks, and accountability. For a company this small, its amazing how little actually gets done.
    - He does whatever he wants: On the surface, he pretends to believe in transparency, meritocracy, and other trendy tech buzzwords that are on his LinkedIn feed. In the end, he ignores the advice of those around him 100% of the time, and wastes everyone's time with meetings full of pointless "debate."

A CEO that is not self aware, cannot drive execution, and does whatever he wants cannot create a strong company culture. A poor company culture results in disjointed hiring, which results in dysfunction. Quality leadership has already left because of this, and more will follow. This isn't really a company, but a handful of vested people trying to make a quick buck. If you are looking for a job to grow your career, the market is great right now (early 2019) - look somewhere else! Boston is full of well funded, growth driven tech companies looking to hire talent that have much much more to offer and teach you! Don't settle for this place - the market opportunity may be real, but the company is full of false promises.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO
    Take accountability

Jan 31, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am truly sorry that your experience at Midaxo is not matching our intention of being the best place to work. We are taking your feedback and... More