Midaxo Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Midaxo CEO Ari Salonen
Ari Salonen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company & Huge Opportunity - Exciting Place To Be"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Midaxo is a really great place to work - I say this having worked with 100s of companies over the years, from start-ups to multinational conglomerates.

The CEO is extremely smart, switched on, very approachable and very much up-to-the-job.

Senior management is approachable and open to new ideas.

Employees are motivated and work hard towards the common goal of building an amazing company.

Friendly and approachable colleagues from across the world create a great working environment.

We get things done (whether it's across product/sales/marketing/customer success or operations) and are constantly making progress/striving to be better.

While there is a lot to do, work-life balance is good and encouraged.

Life at Midaxo is relaxed and fun yet we all work extremely hard in building the company. We are scaling quickly and it is humbling to see the products of this work - new employees, improved product/software, improved processes, more customers, new offices and recognition of being the market leader in M&A software.

Overall, Midaxo is a unique and very special place to work. There's nowhere I'd rather be.

Cons

Nothing significant - we're an early stage company so growing pains are inevitable.

Advice to Management

*Ensure that transparency is maintained as we scale.
    *Culture is key - maintain the relaxed but hard-working environment.
    *We have huge potential - ensure resources are allocated to building the right teams.
    *Spend the Series B wisely to avoid the need for a Series C.
    *Ensure individuals are incentivized to go the extra mile.

Hello,

Thank you for feedback! As we continue to scale we will work with leadership to retain both our culture and the transparency that we have established across the organization. Things shift... More

"Great people with some serious issues"

I worked at Midaxo full-time

Pros

Coworkers are amazing, passionate, and fun. Startup mentality is strong even though this is a scale-up now. Unlimited vacation a bonus. :)

Cons

Staff are let go without warning (or sometimes reason), there's absolutely no transparency, revenue growth is extremely slow, and there's not much diversity in the office. It's near impossible to get in touch with HR staff if you have an issue or question about benefits.

Advice to Management

Put employees first. Instead of being defensive, be open to feedback

Oct 31, 2018 – VP of Finance and Operations

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience with Midaxo was not the best it could be. You've highlighted a couple key issues which I have addressed... More

"Never supported and below market pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Midaxo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

casual wear, pto, snacks, young environment in sales, free basic healthcare, coffee

Cons

cliquey in sales and didnt fit in with the team, feeling left out and ostricized. manager never supported me or my team, and was very fake. did not deserve the promotion she got and it went to her head. low base pay as well

Advice to Management

ask colleagues about the person being promoted before doing so

Oct 31, 2018 – VP of Finance and Operations

We are proud of our meritocratic approach and excited to... More

4. "Wish I found Midaxo sooner!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The fact that we are helping teams with a problem that has gone unaddressed for decades is amazing. The product is intuitive, innovative, and disruptive. Very accessible and supportive leadership team. Passionate and smart CEO. Hard working teams with GSD attitude. Company culture is great, keeps getting better. Massive opportunity for employees.

Cons

I wouldn't call it a con, but Midaxo is growing very quickly so it's a fast paced environment. A lot has changed in the last 6 months alone, but it's a very exciting time to be here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency through the rapid growth- we appreciate it.

Aug 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your kind words! We always value feedback and we will continue to be aware of it as we grow.

Thanks!
    Nathaniel Chism - TA Manager

5. "Excellent Growth and Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's very rare to find a company that actually cares about it's people as much as this one does. I've found during my tenure here that my opinion is valued and actually listened to. The leadership team is one of the most approachable and down to earth teams I've ever seen. If you want a place where you can make an impact and flex some problem solving muscles Midaxo is where it's at.

Cons

Rapid growth comes with growing pains and sometimes the management team is a little disconnected from the individual contributors as they look at the bigger picture for Midaxo. The business is important as we hit our growth targets rapidly but we cannot leave the individuals who are making us successful behind and feel unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Remember to be human and empathetic to the group. A lot of us are figuring out our roles as we go along whether it be our first job out of college or our first time having the responsibilities that we do at Midaxo. It's important to recognize that while we are willing to figure things out and learn on the go we still need guidance occasionally to be successful.

As we grow management will not be able to be as hands on so utilize the middle management team and make sure that trust is instilled so that they can share that with their direct reports. Rapid growth is hard but if we continue to work together we can continue to make Midaxo one of the best work places in Boston.

Aug 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are working hard to manager the growth that we are experiencing and not lose the human touch that has made this a great place to work. The leadership team is always... More

"Global Growth Company about to leap forward."

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Midaxo is a unique offering in the American tech scene. Founded in Finland, the company has International teams, strong financial health, a wonderful CEO focused on sustainable growth, Nordic-influenced benefits, a brand new office in the Seaport and a fun, social environment.

Today, Midaxo is at turning point as it begins to mature into a growth company. There is a real opportunity to become an integral player in the Global Fintech/M&A market. As not only a solution for corporate teams, but the centerpiece of the M&A ecosystem in both public and private markets.

Because of this, the quality of candidates joining will organically improve. If you are entrepreneurial, literate in finance/M&A but love the liberating lifestyle of tech, Midaxo might be a great fit for you.

2018 is the biggest year yet, and being part of this leap should entice anyone with the credentials/ambition looking to leave the corporate world. If you work hard and bring valuable ideas, your voice will be heard and you'll quickly make an impact.

Cons

None notable. The headcount who inhibit the growth of the company have been replaced or will soon be replaced with stronger talent.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your International foundation, invest in your strongest assets, listen more to what the market is telling you (product wise) and allocate resources/capital accordingly.

May 14, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate your feedback and advice! We are happy to see people who enjoy the work that they are doing and are glad to be recommended so highly. We will continue to grow and expand our product as... More

"Manager"

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, global, collaborative, and exciting team working on a product that actually solves a major problem in a massive industry. All employees get equity. Startup environment with mature experienced management. Growing fast, financially healthy, and well funded. Huge room for growth.

Cons

Development team is based in Finland which can create some efficiency issues in the product development team due to time difference and lack of communication from office to office.

Definitely not a con, but some cannot handle this. In a startup atmosphere you have to add value. If you hide behind your desk and don't contribute, you will be exposed. Just the nature of the beast. However, 95% of people are passionate about what we do and are exceptional co-workers.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat a little with those who do not add value. Hire more developers or a second development team in the US to improve efficiency. We are pouring gas on the fire with Sales and Marketing but need to make sure that development accelerates at the same pace. We have a good product in a hungry market. Let's make sure we make it great and reach our full potential.

May 14, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback and your candor! With our new Head of Development in place, we are now focused on matching the growth of our development team with our growth across the organization as a... More

"Bad Side Of a Start Up"

I worked at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young and cool place, they host pretty nice events and fun team outings.

Cons

This company is young but very strategic. They hire people fast because they are in desperate need of someone to fill in that specific position, but they have no problem firing them months later, claiming they weren't "the right fit." Their compensation is absolutely hideous, also. They have fired so many people in the last year, it's unacceptable. Management is hardly ever present. There is so much favoritism towards the Sales teams , it is always about them and what they have accomplished, no other teams matter as much. The office is a tiny space trying to fit over 30 employees and the office manager tries to do a good job of keeping the space clean but I don't fathom she signed up to be a babysitter or a cleaning lady for that matter. They never appreciate good employees and recognize the hard work some of them constantly do. For everyone that applies to work for this company and the others that still work there, remember everyone is replaceable no matter of your position. It is incredibly saddening because this startup had so much potential to be an exemplary company but the rapid growth made management loose their morals and focus on the money.

Advice to Management

Hire employees according to experience, stop hiring "temporary" people. Or if that is the goal at least make them aware when interviewing . Also be appreciative of your better employees and be mindful that they helped your company gain the status that is in.

Apr 12, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We on the leadership team recognize that our rapid growth has caused some growing pains for our Team. We are actively in the process of implementing change for the... More

"The perfect mix of start-up, corporate, fun, and serious."

I have been working at Midaxo full-time

Pros

tl;dr: Midaxo is awesome.

When evaluating a company, there are four main things which I look at; the people, the business, the leadership, and the culture.

Almost every company has a few people who are phoning it in, people who are just there for the paycheck. If any such people exist at Midaxo, they are hiding somewhere, and I have yet to find them (the office is tiny, not many places to hide). The team at Midaxo, without exception, is skilled, passionate, and inspired. Everyone is eager to collaborate, no one hogs credit, and everyone works tirelessly to get Midaxo to the next level.

The quality of coworkers is the most important thing to consider when evaluating a company, but the quality of the business is a close second. You can have the best team in the world, but if your business/product doesn't make sense, then the company will eventually fail. Midaxo's products fill a need, they create value, and I may be a bit biased, but they do so better than any competitor. The company invested heavily in paying down technical debt, and can now focus on product improvements. Midaxo is positioned to dominate the M&A software market.

Midaxo's leadership is very solid. They are knowledgeable, have excellent track records of success, are honest, and are accessible. The executives put in longer hours than anyone else, but still happily make themselves available to everyone.

The culture at Midaxo strikes the perfect balance between corporate and start-upy. People take their work seriously, but also know how to have fun. You don't have people playing hours of video games during the day like you do at some startups, but you also don't have to wear a suit. People take their jobs seriously and are passionate about their work, but that doesn't stop them from joking around or having a couple of drinks. Midaxo is neither a stereotypical Dilbert-esque office nor a daycare for "adults."

Cons

The current office is a little cramped and conference rooms are sometimes hard to come by, but tight quarters help facilitate knowledge transfer and collaboration.

Advice to Management

Continue to build out the team, get a new office space, and expand benefits. The culture is perfect, don't fall into the trap of becoming too "start-upy."

"Exciting environment with high growth potential"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Midaxo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Midaxo has some incredibly smart and talented people that work here. The best part in my opinion is the empowerment each employee is given to make an impact. Every team member is given the opportunity to directly impact the success of our business, and customers lives, and it really is fun to be part of. Every day that I come into work, I feel challenged beyond my comfort zone, yet presented an opportunity to become better. A better salesperson, a better manager, a better person overall. An example is the DRI projects we have in Sales. Each employee can step up to run a mini project that is important to the company, like working on improving our recruiting process, or aligning our sales/marketing teams. Midaxo is such a unique environment because we are changing an industry, challenging ourselves to improve, and building a start-up together, all while having a BLAST doing it

Cons

With all of the work we do, its very easy to lose sight of work/life balance and become stretched. At times I feel like I have a million things to do, that are all very important to our success as a company. I'd like to see more recognition for those efforts from upper management, and more of a clear path to leadership

Advice to Management

Double down on people investments! Whether it be expanding company benefits, continuing to improve our office space, and hiring talent development. The people are what make Midaxo so special, so lets continue to invest there.