Midfirst Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
G. Jeffrey Records Jr.

Pros
  • Great place to work, great benefits (in 9 reviews)

• MidFirst is a good place to work and provides its employees with good benefits, wages, and a very nice work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are some in upper management that need to work on their people skills (in 7 reviews)

• Seems to be a disconnect between back office and banking centers (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midfirst Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company for Oklahoma means lots of areas of focus, but small enough that it's easy to get noticed. Good location - usually an easy commute from anywhere. Strong corporate values. Since it's' private, limited bureaucracy. High analytics and emphasis on knowing...not guessing. Very low turnover and long view planning. Strong financials and stable.

Cons

Some limited ability to advance to the highest ranks. Will not cut low performers. Can be very conservative in culture with emphasis on tradition.

Advice to Management

Less emphasis on graduate degrees and more on the quality of the candidate. Being pro-active about giving younger talent more opportunities will allow them to grow within instead of getting anxious and leaving the company to grow somewhere else.

2. "Great job if you're also good at sales"

Former Employee - Teller in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Teller in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midfirst Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company really takes care of their employees with monthly bonuses based on accounts/referrals acquired, vacation time, and even yearly bonuses. If you're good at your job, you definitely get recognized and awarded.

Cons

You won't like this job if you're not good at sales or calling people on the phone for soliciting. Especially difficult at slower locations.

Advice to Management

It's not your fault, it's just how Midfirst operates. I wish sales weren't such a big push and that employees, management included, weren't pressured so much to get sales and referrals.

3. "Senior teller"

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Edmond, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Edmond, OK

I worked at Midfirst Bank part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job through college.

Cons

Not too much room for growth unless you want to stay at the branch level

5. "Teller Operations Supervisor"

Current Employee - Teller Operations Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Teller Operations Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midfirst Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customer oriented, privately owned bank, MidFirst contributes in the community.

Cons

I feel like there could be more leadership training for banking center managers. This would create more consistent, professional and proper treatment of lower level employees.

Advice to Management

If we could put our name in more places to generate high quality applicants for our company.

6. "Former back office employee. It's a paycheck."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midfirst Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mostly good coworkers. Good 401k selections and matching. Health insurance is average. That's about all the pros. Recently moved to nicer office buildings.

Cons

Terrible at hiring and developing managers and supervisors. The managers that are there don't care about developing or building up employees. Impossible to get decent raises or promotions because managers see writing positive performance appraisals as sticking their necks out. If you get an offer, negotiate your starting pay well, because you may never get a real raise beyond cost of living adjustments. They routinely hire external candidates for management roles instead of promoting their own employees who have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Train more. Consider management skill when hiring managers (crazy idea, right?). Realize your workers are people and not cogs in a machine.

7. "Good Opportunity"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midfirst Bank (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mid-Level Company that can help employees gain expedience needed.

Cons

Emphasis is on certain areas of company and that leaves neglect to other areas

8. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Banking Center Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midfirst Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get out what you put in. I love the focus on service and community. It's great to work for a company with quality values.

Cons

You better be prepared to be challenged every day. I love that I am pushed to be better every day.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

9. "Lockbox clerk II"

Current Employee - Data Entry in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midfirst Bank full-time

Pros

data entry skills, like to learn and be a part of a team, just as much as working alone

Cons

physical problems are making some things harder than before

Advice to Management

Give me a chance and let me fly.. When given a goal I will make it no matter what

10. "Lead Teller"

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Midfirst Bank (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work culture is absolutely fantastic, really keep you motivated to succeed. MOST manager are extremely supportive in helping you reach your goals.

Cons

Some branch managers micro-managed, even though they had just got hired into the company from an outside branch. I had been in my position for 4 years and exceeded my numbers 100% of the time since month one, however he still felt the need to try and get me to change my processes which were clearly producing results. But, you can't judge a whole company because of one confused individual.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive work culture flowing. Continue offering services above and beyond what other, much larger banks can offer. But one last important piece of information, allow faster advancement within the company, rather than hiring outside employees; makes the current MidFirst employees feel unappreciated.

11. "Good job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midfirst Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, good benefits. A good place to work. Other companies might offer more incentives but that doesn't mean they are great to work for.

Cons

Seems to be a disconnect between back office and banking centers. Lack of training across the board