Midland Credit Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Midland Credit Management Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2019

Found 36 reviews

3.5
Midland Credit Management CEO Ryan Bell
Ryan Bell
  1. Featured Review

"Best company to work for"

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time

Pros

Leadership, employee experience, work life balance, fairness in decision making, employees are the only asset

Cons

none i can think of

Midland Credit Management2019-05-21
  2. "Great Employer"

I have been working at Midland Credit Management

Pros

Great working environment, best financial company headquarters in San Diego

Cons

Salary is not very competitive but ok

Midland Credit Management2019-08-30
  3. "okay"

Current Employee - Legal Specialist

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time

Pros

Met some pretty nice people

Cons

Claim they care about employees but don't.

Midland Credit Management2019-10-10

"Debt collecting company that profits off of exploiting people's financial situation"

I worked at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great colleagues Great community outreach initiatives Fun cultural activities that are inclusive

Cons

1. Incompetence seems to be the norm. So is nepotism. 2. Some directors seem directionless, unavailable, complacent, and lack leadership qualities and promote managers that reflect these same characteristics. 3. Employees seem stressed and unhappy. 4. A Senior position opened up in my department, and out of a department that were around 90% women, a male from a different department was chosen. Women who had been with the company for over 8+ years were passed over. Either the company prefers male leadership (only 3 females out of 10 executives) or those women just weren’t qualified despite their 8 + years of experience (refer back to point 1 and point 2). 5. I didn't get my final paycheck when I resigned. Instead, I had to file a claim with the Department of Industrial Relations. I now have to go to court to get my money owed for wages worked from a debt collecting company. The irony! Again, speaks to my point on incompetance. 6. This is a debt collecting company at the end of the day and they have a history of being reprimanded on the way they collect by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). A simple google search will reveal how this company exploits people with their collection practices. It's terrible, disgusting and often times the legality of their practices are questionable. Working at MCM made me realize that I actually care about the type of company I work for and support. And profiting off of people by exploiting their financial situation is not what I stand behind or want to be apart of.

Midland Credit Management2019-10-02

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Legal Specialist in Troy, MI

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Other than the low hire standards, can't name any

Cons

Low pay for sophisticated, challenging work, high expectations with inadequate training, poor communication, the paper workflow in endless, automation does not solve everything, poor morale

Midland Credit Management2019-09-09
  6. "Never a dull moment, filled with rewarding challenges!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Collaborative environment, opportunities for self and professional development, tenured workforce, recognition and pride for job well done, technology allows us to be well connected to each other

Cons

Sometimes get too busy and caught up with the next big project/initiative, don't have the approriate time to celebrate our successes

Midland Credit Management2019-08-16
  7. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Legal Specialist in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tuition Assistance Flexible scheduling- Summer Hours Paid Time Off Management team cares about employees Fun events

Cons

Growth opportunities other than that nothing

Midland Credit Management2019-08-16

"Do not work here"

Current Employee - Legal Specialist in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A job until I find something else. Retail would be better.

Cons

Management is all ego fueled. Since March we’ve had about 20 good, qualified, knowledgeable employees leave. When all those qualified people left, our management team said, “good riddance “. Now I don’t have anyone that I can go to for questions. But our management team doesn’t like us asking questions. They would rather have us just sit down, be quiet, and validate as many affidavits in a day as possible. There is no work/life balance. If you are not a favorite you are looked down upon. And the favorites are other managers. We had a manager leave a couple months ago, this manager told us they’d be there through the end of the week but then twenty minutes or so after that the upper management walked this manager out. Management told us this manager just quit; but in a building like we have, we see everything. Like the other legal specialist they walked out. Management brought this specialist into a room, were in there for a while, and they all emerged and walked this person out the door - for us all to see. Also, This is my first job where my manager cannot do my job. Never in all my years of working have I not had a manager who could do my job.

Midland Credit Management2019-09-06
  9. "Great Company with Flexibility"

Pros

The reason I like working here is the flexibility they give employees. I am able to enjoy attending family/school events without worrying. The benefits outside of the health are great too. The company offers Weight Watchers, gym reimbursement, and fitness class reimbursement.

Cons

The company needs to look into pay of the employees. Multiple people with the same title or lower title make very different amounts.

Midland Credit Management2019-08-02
  10. "Collaborative Workplace Filled With Bright People"

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Diego, CA

Pros

I've worked at MCM for over 10 years and enjoy a challenging work place with smart, collaborative colleagues. I've been able to work in multiple departments, which is not uncommon here. Throughout this time, I have worked on a wide array of projects, developed many new skill sets, and have had exposure to all levels of the organization across most of the U.S. and international sites. With a good manager and team, it is easy to be engaged and excited about what we work on. The senior leadership team has largely been in place for many years, cares about the company's people and the consumers we work with, and works towards the long-term success of the company and its people.

Cons

Promotion opportunities can be on the slow side.

Midland Credit Management2019-07-31