Midland Credit Management Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2021

3.9
Midland Credit Management Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Ryan Bell
Ryan Bell
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great company, respected leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Counsel, Litigation in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time

Pros

Leaders are genuinely good people that are easy to respect and make you want to work harder and provide an enjoyable environment while doing so. Creative benefits that contribute to a strong work-life balance.

Cons

Truly can't think of many. You spend a lot of time at your job - you should enjoy it and the people you work with. MCM is a great place to do that.

Continue reading
  2. "No degree is required to make six figures"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Even though commission is why you're there, having a base pay makes taking the leap of faith easier. All training is paid and thorough. Highly rewarding and your efforts dictate your financial future!! Learning to use empathy and communication skills that will strengthen your everyday life.

Cons

Collecting debt is stressful and requires thick skin at times.

3. "Excellent Working Environment"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer IV in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible working and remote working for great work. life balance, friendly global teams great support from management room to grow professionally

Cons

None, absolutely no cons. This companies is the best one.

4. "An ok place to work"

Former Employee - Legal Specialist in Troy, MI

I worked at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very fast-paced, and friendly co-workers

Cons

Very stingy with vacations days

"Great and collaborative global culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Collaborative teams. Lots of growth opportunities if you want them. Goals driven. Fast-paced environment. Innovative. Cross-functional opportunities. Smart and driven colleagues. Stable business model. Strong balance sheet with aggressive and tangible goals.

Cons

Tend to hire junior candidates and grow them so it can sometimes to be difficult to get into the organization.

Continue reading

"IT PMO is an approximately 2 Million dollar overhead"

1.0
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are good genuine workers.

Cons

Bad IT Management, IT PMO is dysfunctional and adds no value, Kissing up to managers is recommended if you want to be promoted. Sticking to mediocrity is encouraged. The bright and talented people leave the company and the duds stay on.

7. COVID-19

"Solid Job"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

My co-workers are amazing and so are my bosses. It's a pretty chill job, nice benefits (401k and insurance), and has an okay-ish pay base. The bosses are very understanding if life happens and if you need to make up time.

Cons

The bonus goals are kinda high, especially during a pandemic. Also, I wish there was a little more I can do in between calls. I love working but I feel like I could be contributing to the company a little more.

8. "Flexible and friendly environment"

Current Employee - Staff Counsel in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great and the environment is flexible and friendly.

Cons

Not a lot of space to grow.

9. "Love the job but it was a stepping stone"

4.0
    Current Employee - Staff Auditor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Midland Credit Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team collaboration. Fun perks and enjoyable office space with pinball and pingpong.

Cons

Lower than average pay with slow growth.

10. "A great place to grow, develop, and build professional relationships - a company who invests in its people!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

MCM is a great place to work for those who want to grow their career and have access to internal mobility, but also have a solid work-life balance all at the same time. The senior leaders have made a great effort in the past couple of years to really listen to employees - for example, one of the biggest results of the actions leadership have taken is that we now have added benefits such as 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 4 weeks paid paternity leave. They've also done many things to help improve employee's experiences working from home, such as improving VPN capabilities, supplying monitors, stipend for WFH supplies, etc... this is just another way MCM has invested in its people. The company continues to make improvements which has clearly shown in our earnings calls as well. Because MCM has sites across the US as well as outside of the US (largest site being in India), there are many opportunities to work remotely with folks from other sites and build relationships with people around the globe. I'm proud to work for MCM and I know that I will continue to have many opportunities for growth and development!

Cons

Truthfully can't think of any true cons - every company of course has them, but can't think of any off the top of my head.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 English Reviews