Midland Mortgage Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2019

Found 48 reviews

2.8
Ken R. Clark
  1. "Great company to work for - appreciats employees"

Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits, company clinic, Christmas bonus, on-site restaurants (very reasonable prices for fresh made food), caring leadership, great team atmosphere

Cons

micro-managed in lower level positions, high expectations with slightly above average pay

Advice to Management

Pay a little more to keep good people

Midland Mortgage Co.2018-04-24
  2. "Good job"

Current Employee - Delinquency Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's a good company to work for.

Cons

Some of the management is terrible but that's overlooked.

Advice to Management

Playing favorites kills morale in a dept. Openly playing favorites is that much worse. Listen to what your employees are saying.

Midland Mortgage Co.2019-04-04
  3. "Not great"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of my coworkers are great people.

Cons

Micromanaged. Too many politics, it’s about who likes you, not the quality of work you have.

Advice to Management

Don’t single people out. Maintain rules across the board and the same for everyone.

Midland Mortgage Co.2019-02-07
  4. "Reliable Company"

Former Employee - Servicing Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the best parts of working for this company was the flexibility and benefits. Health benefits were the best I've ever had working for a company. We were also incredibly blessed to receive an annual bonus and annual raises (although sometimes very small).

Cons

Low starting salaries and small annual raises. Some years my raise was only enough to offset the increase cost of health benefits. Promotions are very hard to get and no chance of advancing to management without a bachelors degree or being at the company for a long time.

Advice to Management

I was very happy with all of my managers... although I had co-workers with different managers who were often not happy with how their managers spoke to them or favored other employees.

Midland Mortgage Co.2018-11-16
  5. "Very disappointed"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time for less than a year

Pros

New office environment that helps you focus and keep your productivity

Cons

Micromanaged job with 0 space for improvement, or growth. Everyone I know have left this position already. The company only protect themselves when it comes to customer complains, while they aloud the customer to be extremely racist and rude over and over. They will do nothing to help you with this issue. Pay-rate and rase below many other CSR jobs. Get a permanent position to have access to all the benefits its near...

Advice to Management

Work on a healthier environment for their employees, and don't treat them like 5 years old kids. Real promises of growth, and goals would also be great.

Midland Mortgage Co.2018-10-16
  6. "Okay job--fairly intense work environment with high turnover"

Former Employee - Correspondence Writer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The job itself was fairly straightforward, and you gain a good amount of experience to put on your resume. - Benefits are okay. - You rarely take work home with you.

Cons

- There aren't many opportunities for upward advancement - Raises are negligible - Office culture is intense. Talking to your coworkers isn't allowed except on designated breaks. You must track every hour of your day in an online system so they can keep track of you. Very low trust in employees to do their jobs. - Depending on your boss, you may have a negative management experience. - Certain individuals create...

Advice to Management

Relax the working environment a bit to retain employees. Turnover is high because it's not a tenable environment for humans to be in all day. Having a quick "how was your weekend?" conversation with the coworker who sits next to you doesn't necessitate reprimand. If you treat people like people, they're more inclined to stick around and do good work, instead of viewing this position as a stepping stone to something better.

Midland Mortgage Co.2018-06-12
  7. "Customer Support Services"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great experience, you get an overview of how mortgages work with the ability to apply internally within departments to expand your knowledge within the mortgage industry.

Cons

Stress can be a factor in the Call Center, you have to be have the right mindset to assist customers who can be frustrated at times.

Advice to Management

Work on transition when it comes to new regulations and laws that affect the day to day activities of the employees.

Midland Mortgage Co.2018-04-24
  8. "bureaucratic nightmare"

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time

Pros

subsidiary of MidFirst, a highly regarded bank

Cons

constant departmental reshuffling, inconsistent/non-existent goals & objectives, low pay

Midland Mortgage Co.2018-03-15

"Beware of this place."

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time

Pros

Good benefits including a company medical clinic

Cons

Top down driven culture. Zero employee autonomy or empowerment. The leadership approach is fairly reactive, often accusatory and lacks forward thinking.

Advice to Management

Trust that you are hiring talent and let them have the autonomy and empowerment to do their jobs. Controlling leaders create fearful and insecure followers. Consider employee surveys. You’ll find opportunity to improve, if your interested.

Midland Mortgage Co.2017-12-29
  10. "Auditor"

Former Employee - Internal Auditor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midland Mortgage Co. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training program. Ability to transfer to different departments to learn more about the mortgage process and challenge yourself. Great benefits.

Cons

Pay does not match the amount of work you are asked to do. I was completing work for three different departments and was not compensated for it. If they would pay average for the field, I would have gladly stayed.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly and pay them for what they're worth.

Midland Mortgage Co.2017-11-06