Midwest Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Midwest Acquisitions Reviews

3.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Midwest becoming a great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bettendorf, IA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bettendorf, IA

Pros

Executive Team - new team with a strong, focused vision Meritocracy - high performance is rewarded generously Innovation - major focus on innovation, both in analytics and product development Fast-paced, Challenging - always being put into stretch roles, never a dull moment Visibility - working with C-level executives on virtually every project

Cons

With the tremendous growth we are experiencing, hiring needs to keep up to ease the workload (this is happening).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It's working!

2. "Not What it Seems"

I worked at Midwest Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Honestly, if you read my cons, you'll see it's hard for me to write any pros to the job. I suppose the dry erase clipboard was a fun touch. And the schedule wasn't half bad; starting anywhere between ten and noon and having Wednesday's off was nice.

Cons

If you are actually looking for true Marketing experience as advertised, this is NOT the place to go. Be prepared for rushed training and several hours on your feet. They say you aren't telemarketers but they ask you to be even worse by going to large stores and bugging people for eight hours a day. Management will tell you you're supposed to make a quota of sales but won't even make that quota themselves. Also, in training they give you half a lesson before throwing you into the store and expecting you to pitch a random stranger DirectTV without really any understanding of what's going on. I'm sure for the right type of person this may seem like a great job but for me it was a horrible, poorly disorganized, joke of a "marketing" opportunity. Also, if you're not the ideal candidate for them they will "politely" ask you to leave before the supposed thirty day probational/trial period is completed so be prepared. Just one last stupid thing: they have some weird, random rules. For example, you're not allowed to sit down in your morning meetings. Why are you making me stand up now when I have to stand up for another seven hours?

Advice to Management

Actually take the time to train your employees, instruct them on ALL the aspects of pitching, deals, offers, and information about your product before bringing them into the store. Don't make it seem like this is a marketing job; you're not doing marketing you're a sales person. Be more up front about what a future employee is getting themselves into before they sign all the paperwork.

3. "Great Experience"

Current Intern - Customer Service Representative in Bettendorf, IA
    Current Intern - Customer Service Representative in Bettendorf, IA

I have been working at Midwest Acquisitions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently started with Midwest Acquisitions to gain experience in Marketing. I have had so much fun learning the Direct Marketing process and love working one on one with people. The experience of working with major companies like Directv and Centurylink and the ability to represent inside big box retailers like Best Buy and Sams Club.

In addition, I have been able to learn from CEO Mitch Woods the history and growth of the company which inspires me for a possible future after College.

Cons

More bonuses are always nice!!

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time

4. "Must have improved"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bettendorf, IA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bettendorf, IA

I have been working at Midwest Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love talking to people daily. Everyone in the office is really close and there is a little competition but we are more of a family than anything. Rapid advancement is possible with hard work and dedication to the office's goals, I like the fact that we can rapidly advance in the company. I don't know what the last guy was talking about but now we make hourly and commission. My paychecks when didn't hit sales goals has never been less that 500/wk. They must have changed some stuff around. This is a face-to-face advertising position. There are different types. If you are not a people person this job would not be for you.

Cons

The job can be stressful at times. Sometimes it is hard to find the right people to bring in and train. Most of the new hires will tend to be lazy and not want to talk to people and expect the trainers to do everything.

Advice to Management

Better quality candidates, more team nights.

"RUN AWAY"

Former Employee - Advertising Representative in Bettendorf, IA
    Former Employee - Advertising Representative in Bettendorf, IA

I worked at Midwest Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay if you are good at bs'ing people

Cons

You are expected to work every single holiday, minimum 6 days a week until 7 at night and wednesdays are your day off. If you are not good they get rid of you real quick, very high turnover rate. Mitch trys to motivate you every morning with his lies then you go to either Best Buy, Menards, or Sams club to chase down customers and harass them into signing up for Directv. I thought I would be working in advertising doing something fun but this is just a sales job that pays you basically on comission which equals minimum wage. They say its not a comission only job but they do a draw back on your pay so if you are not consistent you own the company money and you will never get out of the hole so get used to a $300 a week paycheck unless you are one of the few that can bs people into signing up for Directv. It only took me a few weeks this was a waste of time dont let it take you longer.

Advice to Management

quit feeding employees bs of owning a company, this company is a scam.