Midwest Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "RDH"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Midwest Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great incentives , insurance benefits and full time work as a dental hygienist. CE's keep coming and I can keep up on that. Great resources for all staff! Love my TEAM and my Doctor!

Cons

The computer program is a bit complex and has problems occasionally where it is hard to complete some tasks in a timely manor.

Advice to Management

consider not such a repetitive note template , shorten it possibly?

2. "Office manager"

I worked at Midwest Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Policies and procedures, and equality.

Cons

Inexperienced Regional with no background in position.

Advice to Management

Directors need a college education with HR background.

3. "Front Office"

I worked at Midwest Dental full-time

Pros

Good Dental Benefits for employee's and their families.

Cons

They don't care about the employee. They only want to see production. Your co-workers stab you in the back. They don't promote team work. Everyone for yourself.

4. "Nice Company to work for"

I worked at Midwest Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Midwest Dental is a nice company to work for. There is a nice work life balance. I appreciated the opportunity I had and the experience I gained while working there.

Cons

The only con I could talk about is the fact that some of the employees choose to not be team players. It's fairly easy to recognize that and not get involved.

5. "I love being part of a culture that promotes joy at the dental office"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Madison, WI

I have been working at Midwest Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full time benefits eligible at just 30 hours, 401 k, health, flex spending for childcare and health spending is a nice benefit. Cutting edge technology and love the emphasis that our leaders place on being active with our association ( ADHA) and support our continuing education. Many free opportunities are provided and they also reimburse expenses should we chose to attend other events not provided by the company. My doctors and team tell me how much they value me every week if not every day and that means a lot!

Cons

No paid holidays and pto hours very minimal. and dislike that it is not a flat hourly wage after initial hire period lapses. The electronic record is not always functioning and there is a lot of tedious things to complete for both the patient and the provider at each appt, takes away from providing quality care in my opinion. All offices are not built equally, having one x-ray unit for 4 hygienists is not acceptable to me/ challenging to stay on time when all patients need radiographs at same time.

Advice to Management

simplify the check in process or signing of preventative tx plans and or health history. one signature/ or just having patients sign all necessary things relevant to today's treatment up front!

6. "Dentists Don't Care About Quality or Office Problems Since They Don't Own Practice and Don't Pay the Salaries!"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Midwest Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Midwest Dental has some benefits for their employees--unlike many private practice dentists.

Cons

Since the dentists don't own the practice, it is every man for themselves. They don't care if the assistants are sitting in the break room or the receptionists don't fill the schedule--because it doesn't affect the dentist's salary. Meanwhile, the hygienists are paid lousy wages and can't get the cooperation of the assistants and receptionists because they are jealous of the hygienists. They THINK the hygienists make a good salary (compared to them) when in fact, the hygienists salary is horrible for the industry. The hygienists are pressured to do quick, poor quality work and receive production reports telling them how they rate compared to the other hygienists who work at Midwest offices. High quality work doesn't count. What counts is quantity and the almighty dollar. Midwest Dental is an horribly stressful office to work in. They cannot keep staff and have a very difficult time even recruiting staff because they are known as a bad place to work. Don't even think of applying there--just RUN away and keep looking elsewhere. I worked there 8 months, and it was the most stressful job of my entire 12 year career. I couldn't stand it a minute longer. Even when they offered me a huge bonus if I would stay on, I told them to take this job and shove it!

Advice to Management

You should just see how lazy staff is when the top brass are not around. The regular staff dentist doesn't care because he is not paying their salary.

"Lots of incentives and great insurance!"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Watertown, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Watertown, WI

I have been working at Midwest Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great medical/dental/vision benefits for employees; incentives such as bonuses and gift cards for staff to work for; knowledgeable and caring staff; competitive wages.

Cons

Could do more for ce credits for hygienists/ staff get togethers

8. "Dental Hygienist"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Midwest Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Midwest offers a great support system and team environment. They offer great benefits and incentive packages to their employees. Your able to create the flow of your own schedule. There are numerous career possibilities to expand in the company. They support and help execute new ideas and strategies to provide our patients with optimal oral health.

Cons

No change in base rate with seniority.

Advice to Management

I think everyone is doing a great job! Thanks for the support!

9. "Midwest Dental"

I worked at Midwest Dental full-time

Pros

They have some benefits.
    Not much else was good.

Cons

Pay is minimum in the industry and commission base is lower than I started out making 20 years ago.

10. "IT Technician"

Current Employee - IT Technician in Eau Claire, WI
    Current Employee - IT Technician in Eau Claire, WI

I have been working at Midwest Dental full-time

Pros

Good schedule and nice team

Cons

Very low pay. Poor benefits and no room for advancements

Advice to Management

High turn over ratio and good Workers have left cause of the low pay. Reminds me of a IT factory or a call center. Just there to fill a hole and can't make a career out of the job. Next batter up kind of feel.