Midwest Mattress Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

4.3
  1. "Great Career"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Midwest Mattress full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been here for 6 months but have found that my boss and coworkers are all easy to get along with. Also there is always room to grow within. As long as you carry a positive attitude and are willing to learn there is nothing short of success for you at this company. Plus the training here is immaculate! I can safely say I love waking up every morning and coming to work!

Cons

A lot of down time but that is always something nice to have. Especially with learning all the new products the industry acquires over time.

Midwest Mattress 2017-02-09
  2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Midwest Mattress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Midwest Mattress is a great place to work. They have a great training program that will set you up for success. As long as you follow the process and have a great attitude you can not fail. You do have a lot of downtime but can always find something to do. Myself like many others have been with Midwest Mattress for years, it's a company that we take pride in working for.

Cons

The only con I have is that some of the days can get pretty long, but more you work, more customers you see, more money you'll make.

Midwest Mattress 2017-01-31
  3. "Great Company with Great People"

Current Employee - Certified Sleep Expert in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Midwest Mattress full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the most progressive, transparent and positive company I have ever worked with. Ownership under promises and over delivers both to customers and staff. I was told that the average manager in training was making a certain $$ amount the first year and I made 20% above that. If you have a good work ethic, take pride in what you do and treat customers and fellow staff members with respect, you can go far. Training is pretty extensive both in product knowledge and sales training. I feel I was given the tools needed to succeed, but am always encouraged to learn more. Sales process is very low pressure and honest. Staff from delivery drivers to upper management all very helpful and friendly. All on the same page, a true team mentality. The Company strives to differentiate itself from high pressure sales tactics and commission driven sales people at competitors. If I told some of the outright lies I hear when I shop the competition, I would be asked to take my BS somewhere else.

Cons

When you have free time, (and you will) it’s up to you to find something to do that’s constructive. Management doesn’t stand over your shoulder and give you direction. Read mattress related publications, research mattress materials and how they affect comfort and performance, review competitors adds, etc… Watch Netflix or play on line games when you need a break. This much freedom requires a level of maturity and self discipline so that it’s not abused. Everybody needs a mattress, you will be asked to assist people of all cultures, faiths, national origins and economic situations. If you are not able to treat everyone with respect for the short time they are in the store, you shouldn’t apply here.

Continue reading
    Midwest Mattress 2017-01-30
  4. "Effort leads to Success"

I have been working at Midwest Mattress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Midwest Mattress promotes from within and does so based off merit. Being a constantly expanding company, opportunities for advancement are almost always available. This company demands exceptional customer service from its employees. Midwest Mattress employees are better dressed, educated, and specifically trained on thinking quickly. So, everyone who works for this company can say they are the best at what they do!

Cons

Some people are unable to productively utilize their down time.

Midwest Mattress 2017-01-29
  5. "Over-Promising and Erratic owner horrible hours"

I worked at Midwest Mattress full-time

Pros

Once you make it to manager you pretty much can do whatever you want, when your not with a customer.

Cons

Owner expects you to be able to read his mind. Worked there over 5 years and made more money the first year from commission then I did the last 4 years, because they capped commision at 10%. I was only able to maintain my level of income because i was promoted to store manager and given my 1 yr raise. After about 2 years of working there the 1-yr raise was being given to anyone who was about to quit due to low pay. I never received another raise for 4 years before I was fired for "insubordination" I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING THAT WAS INSUBORDINATION. At the Unemployment appeal hearing I was presented with 3 written warnings that I had never seen or signed or even been aware of. I WOULD NEVER WORK HERE, THE OWNER IS A LIAR. HE TOOK MY IDEAS AND USED THEM AND THEN FIRED ME FOR NO REASON, THEN LIED TO UNEMPLOYMENT, EVEN GOING AS FAR AS SAYING I WAS RACIST. Do yourself a favor and NEVER WORK HERE. They also have the allowed cost of employee benefits to stay that same over the past 10 yrs as well as the salary structure. Meaning over 10yrs of inflation and growth of the company, they haven't given back to the people who helped make them what they are. As in they changed the healthcare coverage to HSA, so the first $3000+ medical expenses are out of pocket. I went to the dr and it was almost $1200 due! The year before that same visit cost $45.

Continue reading
    Midwest Mattress 2015-12-05

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews