Midwest Medical Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Larry Lindberg

1. "Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This pharmacy did some unique things, it was cool to learn about different areas of pharmacy other than retail. I was sent to some specialized training and learned a lot about compounding. The company is growing, seeing an increase in business.

Cons

Sometimes there was a lack of leadership from a higher level. My supervisor is great, but she often has to wait to hear back or get approval from someone else.

Advice to Management

Assign a manager, be more punctual.

"Great Family of Companies"

Current Employee - Manager in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time

Pros

Ownership that is personable and approachable. Great work family and everyone is involved in the success of the company. Many of the employees at the company are dedicated to the success and have been there for over 5years. Great team to work with. Nice newly remodeled offices.

Cons

Smaller company with plenty to do daily.

Advice to Management

Keep showing interest in your employees and their wellbeing.

3. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work at Midwest Medical are wonderful to have as co-workers. It is a good place to learn the DME industry.

Cons

Midwest Medical is a small company, and there in not room for advancement in the company, also does not like to pay for overtime worked.

Advice to Management

Support your employees with more than a paycheck. Respect and encourage your employees.

5. "Not a company for the long haul"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anoka, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anoka, MN

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If management choses to invest in educating you, it is a great place to learn more. There is a lot of care that comes from the employees to patients.

Cons

I think everyone has their own view points on the company. If you are looking for a place that provides annual raises this is not the place to apply.

6. "And you are????"

Former Employee - Driver in Mounds View, MN
    Former Employee - Driver in Mounds View, MN

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

negative camaraderie. Hard to get terminated because they need warm bodies.

Cons

Empty promises; Serious management issues, bounced paychecks, no reviews, cancelled medical insurance, unreliable owner, the son...just imagine,

Advice to Management

Attend business ethic and management training

7. "many long days of hard work and sacrifice for MMH met in return with complete uncaring disrespect"

Former Employee - Delivery/Equip Tech in Mounds View, MN
    Former Employee - Delivery/Equip Tech in Mounds View, MN

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the appreciation from family members and patients for taking the time to make sure they understood the equipment and all questions were answered

Cons

working 12+ hours a day (regaurdless of responsibility to your children or family).picking up equipment before the deceased has been picked up,cleaning equipment on the side of the road for next delivery,unrealistic delivery time expectations,rude comments and disrespect daily for not meeting those expectations,childish missuse of leadership,being issued routes with more oxygen than I was legally allowed to carry in hope I would not notice it

Advice to Management

its unfortante how many good hard working employees you will lose buy having a couple very poorly placed employees blocking the door

8. "Lacking management"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work in the mix of things all try to help each other out. Pulling together when it gets busy, and making sure the job gets done correctly.

Cons

Lack of any sort of management, after 3 months I still was unable to figure out who my real boss was. It is just a mess, you don't know who to ask for what. You do not get your reviews, don't even think about a raise. You try to get stuff ordered and you get told when they get around to it, like it is something for you. Waited almost a week for a patient's medication to be ordered, after it was promised to them. Good luck if you're planning on working here.

9. "I didn't have a great experience."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The positive things I can is the regular staff seem to have a great respect for each other and their work family. They provide a lot of great support when trying to hold the unstable situation together. There are a lot of passionate individuals and all most need is the right leadership or a better situation to grow as a professional.

Cons

Starting with the owner’s son I have never seen such arrogance shown in a college dropout yet he is put in charge of teaching others twice his age. Most managers of any company will tell you that great leadership comes from experience and the ability to execute. I would have to say that the money being spent on the wrong things is a huge problem. Their management is all over the place, which is very confusing for the other employees. Their management team is made up of many power driven men who use Friday meetings to stroke their egos.

Advice to Management

Make a company that you take pride in and not from your employees. Give them the tools they need to grow as professionals.

10. "Midwest Medical is a wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management that cares about their employees, values their input and keeps us involved in decision making. I have never worked somewhere that I felt like my boss truly cared about me and other employees. There is a genuine sense of family at Midwest and they are understanding that things come up in life and they are willing to work with us when family issues come up etc.

Cons

Every company has ups and downs, nothing of significance to mention here.

11. "Good intentions, but not a healthy work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

I worked at Midwest Medical Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Many nice employees who truly care about the customer
    -Emphasis on patient care and good service
    -Flexible and respectful of work/life balance

Cons

-Not able to keep good managers/employees. Turn-over is high.
    -Lack of cash flow is a huge issue that makes it difficult for many to do their job and creates an environment of uncertainty
    -Sales sells the products/services, but the warehouse is empty. Lose as many customers as they get. Puts Customer Service and other employees in an uncomfortable position.

Advice to Management

Change the leadership dynamic so that there is no other option than to get the finances under control. You are missing opportunities to do good work because of your inability to control the money.