Midwest Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Its alright."

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at Midwest Regional Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Good nurses and fellow nursing assistants.

Cons

I don't have any cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing great.

2. "Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midwest Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers. Management pushes the best out of you and give you every opportunity to succeed. Educational opportunities.

Cons

Some days are short staffed. Forcing me to type twenty word min. Another one for Pro pay and benefits are competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep moral up on each floor.

"Facility Review"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

Pros

None can come to mind

Cons

Poor quality of patient care, high employee turnover, incompetent management and C-level staff, substantial patient safety and patient care violations, antiquated equipment, dirty and aging facility

Advice to Management

Close the hospital!

5. "Review"

Current Employee - Safety Officer/Engineering Coordinator in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Safety Officer/Engineering Coordinator in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at Midwest Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wholly committed to community involvement.

Cons

Great place to start a career and gain some experience.

"Unstable"

Former Employee - Staff RN At Midwest City Hospital in Midwest City, OK
    Former Employee - Staff RN At Midwest City Hospital in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Midwest Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

Some great staff and teamwork

Cons

Constantly changing rules and responsibilities. .

Advice to Management

Train people to do the right thing and quit changing everything all the time.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Midwest City, OK
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Midwest Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None! Very poor management. Directors with personal agendas rather than what is best for the patients and staff. Shady management that make decisions based on their own personal gain.

Cons

Primary problem is patient safety. CHS owns the hospital but you will quickly notice their name is nowhere on the building. They want to deceive the public by making them think it is still a community hospital. It's not! It's corporate. They say they care about the patient but this could not be farther from the truth. All they care about is the bottom line. The shareholders come before the patient. Something bad is going to happen here and when it does they will just throw the nurse under the bus and keep doing what they do. They can't get staff because they have such a bad reputation of treating the employee poorly. You go to management about patient safety issues and they will not investigate it esp if it involves one of their favorites.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

8. "Still going through changes/improvements"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at Midwest Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free healthcare at hospital and affiliated facilities. Good outlook once the atmosphere settles down from all the changes.

Cons

Overall benefits are lacking and the company is still going through a lot of changes under new ownership.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and recognize employees more often.

"RN"

Pros

None, I tried to stay there even when I knew I should leave hoping it would come around but when CHS took over they destroyed the hospital. You will have a 8 to 1 pt ratio, even as charge. You will not have a tech or a clerk to help you. The hospital is so dirty your feet stick to the floor walking down the hallway. They offer large bonuses for extra shifts then refuse to pay you them for whatever reason they have that pay period. As a nurse you will loose your license, as a patient there is a very good chance you will loose your life. Please stay away from this official one star hospital

Cons

Advice to Management

Good luck running an hospital with one nurse scheduled per shift. Way to make patient care come first

10. "Terrible Experience"

Former Employee - Employment Manager in Midwest City, OK
    Former Employee - Employment Manager in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Midwest Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- I met some good people in my brief time at Midwest Regional.
    - For those employees in high-need, high-turnover areas, you can make a fortune off of sign-on and retention bonuses, OT, etc.

Cons

- One of the most overwhelmingly negative working environments I've ever encountered. You could see, feel, hear, touch, and smell it.
    - High turnover, in all areas (Executive Leadership, Nursing, Administrative, HR, on and on). Some areas (such as Nursing) lose as much as 2x as many employees as they hire, leading to the need for contingent workers. Burnout is commonplace. Frustration is obvious and often vocalized.
    - Dishonesty like nothing I've encountered. Out of town candidates beware. For anyone relocating, I advise you to go month-to-month on housing until you're comfortable that you plan on staying. My role was so poorly represented that I walked (after turning down several other offers). Questions asked during my interview were given blatantly false answers.
    - Benefits: forget disability (think this through, those of you who do physical work), no vision or dental, and 1% matching on a 401K (though it's not promised, and matching only starts after you’ve completed 1 full year). Recently, they froze PTO accruals without announcing it first (a decision they had to reverse).
    - The hospital has a long-standing and well-documented adversarial relationship with the local community. Their own Physicians openly criticize the hospital and its leadership.
    - Technology: until just a few days ago, the hospital had no Applicant Tracking System and HR still runs almost entirely on paper.
    - Staffing: if you're salaried, demand a higher pay rate. You're going to be putting in a LOT of extra hours.
    - Human Capital: MRMC does not get the cream of the crop when it comes to local talent. The apathy and energy is noticeable. Example: new hires being allowed to use cell phones and/or sleep during NEO. Example 2: hiring decisions based on desperation. Example 3: previously, a system that allowed applicants to go all the way through the hiring process without a current resume.
    - Leadership: it seemed like every department head or C-level executive I met was new. 4 Chief Nursing Officers in 2 years? Do the math. Many of the individuals I met were clearly over their head, and did not have the type of experience necessary to function successfully. Many come from out of town. I'd say the vast majority of those leaders most critical to the business are floating resumes.
    - HMA: They were recently purchased by Community Health Systems. Meaning, the organization is in transition. Currently, they are in a hold pattern, meaning cost containment mode. HMA neglected this facility so badly over the years I venture to say they don’t care about the health of the hospital or its patients.

Advice to Management

Clean house when the sale to Community Health goes through. Start fresh. Make smart hiring decisions. Equip people to succeed. Be honest with all prospective hires about what they are walking into, and represent jobs accurately. Expect integrity. Re-brand to distance yourself from a horrible reputation.. Pay support areas as well as you do your clinical workers, and overhaul your benefits if you want to remain competitive.

"Understaffed, overworked"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Midwest Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The fast pace forces you to learn quickly or you will drown. If you make it you will have developed exceptional time management skills

Cons

Dangerous patient loads, lack of equipment such as vital signs machines, very negative attitudes from nursing staff which affected patient care