MightyHive Reviews

4.4
MightyHive CEO Peter Kim
Peter Kim
Cons
  1. "Excellent organization accomplishing exciting things in the advertising industry."

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MightyHive full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The best part of MightyHive is the people - intelligent, kind, and hardworking - Lots of opportunity for professional growth - Great executive team who motivate you to do your best work - The company invests in their culture and has fantastic benefits

Cons

- Because of the the quickly changing industry and MightyHive's accelerated growth things move fast and there is a constant need to adapt. Not a bad thing, but not for everyone

MightyHive2020-01-31
  2. "Good Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at MightyHive full-time for more than a year

Pros

work with bright people, great culture, autonomy, lot of opportunity for advancement and growth

Cons

To continue to grow successfully, there needs to be prioritization on leaders vs managers

MightyHive2020-05-08

"Unexperienced Managers"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MightyHive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good benefits and perks

Cons

Says we're not an agency but we act as an agency. Always the middle man the Google and Amazon which causes insane delays. They offer an attractive benefits package to make it difficult for you to leave. Horrible management in the AM org, specifically in the New York office. A lot of the employees are fresh out of college so the immaturity in the office is a different ball game. The company is mostly filled with people who have been there since the beginning and is very resistant to change. S4 capital acquired this, along with several paid media companies.

MightyHive2020-04-03
  4. "An amazing company with great people and plenty of opportunities"

Current Employee - Technical Solutions Engineer

I have been working at MightyHive full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Collaborate with multiple teams: Analytics, Data Science, and Consulting - Gain deep expertise in all facets of Ad-tech by building software - Work with extremely talented and ambitious people - The company is invested in my long term success

Cons

- Sometimes I'm the only technical resource on a project or software assignment. I'd like to collaborate with more Engineers on specific initiatives.

MightyHive2020-01-27

"Do not work here"

1.0

I have been working at MightyHive full-time

Pros

Free healthcare and unlimited vacation

Cons

Poorly run, tires falling off kind of company. Everyone is making their biggest mistakes here. Leadership is drowning and doesn’t know what to do. There are many unpleasant personalities and they get away with it/are praised for it. Everyone is out for themselves. Roughly 60% of the comp is job searching. Do not work here.

MightyHive2020-02-25

"Great compensation and work life balance"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MightyHive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can only speak to my experience on the engineering team but work life balance was phenomenal. Trusting management with fair expectations. Lots of interesting problems to solve and the ability to work across the stack with many burgeoning and established technologies. Great pay, PTO, and benefits in general. Top level leadership is great. Overall, most people at MightyHive are excellent human beings.

Cons

Clicky, somewhat elitist, lots of inexperienced people who are quickly promoted to middle management and don’t really command respect. Product vision was never really crystallized. Company culture is somewhat immature.

MightyHive2019-12-13
  7. "Great Place to Work, Strong Positive Momentum"

Current Employee - Enterprise Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at MightyHive full-time for less than a year

Pros

MightyHive is a great all around place to work. The culture is one of excellence, and it's built by the great people who work here. The work is meaningful, and exposure to enterprise clients is a great plus. Internally there is a lot of time devoted to personal and professional growth which benefits everyone from 10+ year veterans to new-hires just out of school. Also, the benefits are unrivaled. Company Uber account, monthly stipend for breakfast/lunch/dinner, best available healthcare (paid for 100% by company), etc...

Cons

Working on global accounts can lead to odd hours (early / late calls), and sometimes environment is a little intense, but most employees cherish that.

MightyHive2019-10-21

"Middle Management Woes"

2.0

I have been working at MightyHive full-time for more than a year

Pros

I cannot echo enough about the company culture here at MightyHive, it is truly amazing and one of a kind. The sense of cross-departmental community is extremely unique and definitely comes as a result of putting a focus on culture during the interview process. Ultimately I strongly believe the only reason why people have stayed and are staying as long as they do is because of the community that is found amongst the teams that sit below middle management. Benefits are amazing and unheard of and we have monthly happy hours and gatherings. These will likely be cut since there has been a big push to cut costs post-merger. As an Account Manager, you will truly become an expert in the sphere because MightyHive is expanding and partnering with literally every platform. This enables you to literally learn something every day and be able to network which is pivotal to your career growth in this industry. I can't speak for departments outside of account management but I don't see much if any, growth for them.

Cons

One thing to note is the main reason why you don't see many cons from people is that there is a huge push to have people leave a review within one month of joining and we all know you're still in the honeymoon phase within the first month. The overarching issue here at MightyHive is middle management. All of the middle management here, for the most part, are the original core from when MightyHive first started. This has created a huge click that is really difficult to break into since they were all friends, to begin with and they are all looking out for themselves. One thing to also note is that MightyHive is the first company the original core has worked for so they do not have diverse perspectives to even be able to identify what is good vs. bad management practices, so feedback goes to the wayside since they honestly feel like they are addressing the feedback. The above issues also perpetuate the career pathing aspect here at MightyHive. The C-suite says there is a clear path to develop and encourage you to talk about where you want to go, whether inside or outside of MightyHive. Two problems with their career pathing: if you want to leave MightyHive they ask you to give 2-3 month's notice and your middle manager is the sole owner and driver of executing what they call MightyResume. Ultimately my biggest advice would be to take time to get to know or ask about your direct manager beforehand since your experience here will differ greatly based on your direct manager.

MightyHive2019-10-04
  9. "Great Company!"

I have been working at MightyHive full-time

Pros

I am beyond impressed by this company. They are truly "transparent" and really invest in the employees. Everyone here works hard and wants to see the company grow.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Mightyhive

MightyHive2019-09-12

"Excellent leadership that cares deeply about its employees and leads by example"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MightyHive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Transparency - leadership consistently shares top-level strategy with all employees Benefits - better than almost anywhere I've heard People - everyone is extremely open and honest. Vey collaborative environment with people leaning in to help each other. Little-to-no politics Career growth - huge emphasis on each employee's career growth and development

Cons

Extremely fast growth - if you can't keep up, it's easy to get left behind

MightyHive2019-05-29