Mihlfeld & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Jeff Ellis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Administrative"

Pros

I've been with this company for over 15 years, and if you have the drive, ability to clearly communicate, sense of humor, and keep an open mind, this is a great place for you.

The atmosphere is fun and casual, but of course there are deadlines that must be met in order to maintain satisfied customers.

Management listens, cares, and responds to its employees. Employees are encouraged to work out personal disputes when possible, but management is there to assist, conduct an investigation, and make adjustments when needed.

This is a non discriminatory employer that does not tolerate discrimination, and focuses on respect and equality.

Cons

Although full time employees own health insurance is paid for, the benefits package may not rank as high as some of the larger employers. However, the benefits package is adequate for a company it's size, employees are much more than a number, and there are benefits in the flexibility and thoughtful approach that is found daily.

Sometimes complaints that there is too much work and customization for customers takes more effort, but that is what sets this company apart from others.

This is a team environment, and each person within it is important.

Advice to Management

Some don't have the opportunity to visit with managers to understand the commitments they have made to them and the company. Leaving doors open, and taking time to visit with departments periodically would go far to that understanding.

2. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Mihlfeld & Associates full-time

Pros

Always looking for better ways to approach the market and will listen to the employees' recommendations.
    Willingness to use resources to improve the company and employees.

Cons

Travel out of a smaller airport is challenging to see prospects and clients when covering a contact base of North America.
    Need additional office space for conferences and meetings.

Advice to Management

Keep up the attitude of listening to employees and and the clients to guide the company. The greatest strength is willingness to have an open mind when approaching business solutions.

"Account manager"

Pros

Air conditioner. Beagle and fruit party every month. Lights. Carpet. Restrooms. Front desk lady. Chairs. Desks.

Cons

They lied about pay. You can't use your own abilities for commission or bonus it's only based on sales which you have no controll over. Making an actual sale takes 3 months or never. TOTAL SCAM! They will try to get away with overworking you and not raising your pay. Making you do other people's work without changing your job title - like a slave.

They don't take complaints seriously. I have seen them just slap the wrist of the one who the complaint was made out to just because they been there longer.

Be prepared for to not be cared for and for an unsafe environment.

Treat you like a child. And 90's brick technology. I'm surprised they didn't have AOL dialup.

Advice to Management

Get it together! When will you learn to give up the rotten apple and keep the best apples. I have never seen management so messed up in my life. Coming out of college this has been the worst place of management I have ever seen. Their reports are out dated. The website doesn't give you any information. If there is a conflict, no one deals with this. And they are so prideful to accept their faults they rather just fire you.

I would never run a business like you in my life. You have thought me that a business like this isn't worth it. I would close my doors down if I ever got as low as you. Your integrity is nothing and your degrade women in the workplace.

4. "A Campany that cares"

I have been working at Mihlfeld & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here at Mihlfeld I truly know that I'm working for a company that cares! From insurance benefits, to the ability to work after business hours if needed, all the way to bagel breakfast once a month! You just know they care about their employees. Management is always so helpful in any situation and never leave you feeling like they are a last resort when you need something. Also here at Mihlfeld that saying "Treat the janitor with the same respect you would the CEO." is truly applied. No matter your position in the company Mihlfeld shows their appreciation for the work being done on all levels.

Cons

The ability to work from home is no longer being offered.

Advice to Management

Keep you the fantastic job your doing for both the clients and the employees!

5. "Current Employee Point of View"

I have been working at Mihlfeld & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been here for some time now and have had a very positive experience so far. Management seems to be supportive of the work/home life balance with the employees and I feel that my contribution makes a huge impact on daily operations! Benefits are pretty good for the most part and there is open door policy for all of upper management.

Cons

No sick days offered. Bonuses hard to achieve due to time frame of getting contracts signed. Limited advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with informing staff of upcoming changes. Maybe take another look at the bonus structure.

6. "Junior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mihlfeld & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training has gotten significantly better. Good communication. Positive work environment.

Cons

Coming up with travel expenses up front ahead of time. Would be nice if the company provided this to employees that have to travel up front. Also a bit unorganized sometimes. Too many hands in projects all at once. Competitive environment and doesn't feel like it's a team environment as promoted.

Advice to Management

Promote more of a team environment.

7. "Sales Representative"

I worked at Mihlfeld & Associates full-time

Pros

Great experience calling on C-Suite. The service was a huge value add to companies with large transportation spends of complicated logistic needs.

Cons

Very little training provided to sale reps. The contract was poorly written, too lengthy, and the most difficult part of the sales process. Many companies were interested in partnering until they saw the contract.

Advice to Management

Management could benefit greatly by spending more time developing their sales reps. Many of the reps were young and needed the support.

8. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Mihlfeld & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the people that I work with. Everyone is friendly and very intelligent. It's a small enough company where you can make a difference.

Cons

There's not much room for growth, and there seems to be very little appreciation of employees via pay and benefits. The product seems to be marginal.

Advice to Management

Ask your employees for feedback. Care about what they have to say and value their opinion. Pay more for better talent and overall retention. Invest in some new software.

9. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Mihlfeld & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Entreprenuerial philosophy enabling sales rep unlimited earnings. High level sale dealing with professional people. Travel if you like that type of think. Can limit travel via webinars.

Cons

Prospecting ... You need to make 50+ calls on in office weeks in order to generate enough appointments on your travel weeks.

Advice to Management

Keep targets & focus static for at least a year so personnel can hit targets.

10. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Placentia, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Placentia, CA

I worked at Mihlfeld & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting product and good management team

Cons

Tough industry to push in Southern California, third party contract logistics

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!