Mikart Reviews | Glassdoor

1.7
Miguel Arteche

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "QC Analyst"

I have been working at Mikart full-time

Pros

They pay on time. Also if you are performing your duty than management pretty much leave you along.

Cons

If you are not in the in crowd than pretty much you will not get promoted. It's like being in high school.

2. "QC Chemist"

Former Employee - QC Chemist
    Former Employee - QC Chemist

I worked at Mikart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of work experience with different instruments and methods.

Cons

Large workload and little pay.

"Great Place to Start"

Current Employee - QC Analytical Chemist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - QC Analytical Chemist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mikart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Decent Pay
    -Very supportive staff
    -Schedule Friendly
    -lots and lots of hands on experience
    -bonus
    -Holidays
    -Very Diverse work space
    -No one seem to take themselves too seriously.

Cons

When it comes to the cons, Nothing really pops in mind. After, a whole year there, I've never had a bad day at work. In, fact I looked forward to being there.

Advice to Management

I think the management is doing a fairly good job. From my perspective, I have no pressing advice for them. Others might disagree depending on their position but as far as the QC dept goes, Thumbs up.

4. "Employee"

I have been working at Mikart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits , coworkers, great ceo, parking , employees party, and christmas party.

Cons

Poor management, low compensation, Poor human resource professionals , no way of growing within the company ,

Advice to Management

When promoting employees make sure to verify educational level. There are employees without a high school diploma working in the human resources department. Also 4% raise every year, then 5% raise on insurance is outrageous.

5. "Chemist II"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good training, good work environment

Cons

Nothing to say about cons

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees to keep the good work environment

6. "Bad working Environment"

Current Employee - Chemist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Chemist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Upper management is very business savvy.

Cons

No ahead of schedule unless constantly asked for on a daily basis
    too many useless meetings
    very uselessly strict management
    doesn't listen to suggestions although they ask for them
    calibrations take forever even though they should take only a day or two

7. "Get in and get OUT!"

Former Employee - QC Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mikart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and the opportunity to work with different types of lab equipment are the only pros.

Cons

Management of employees at this company is very weak. Fairness, equality, integrity, honesty, and the fair treatment of employees is an issue at this company. Very unprofessional high stress work environment. Training is terrible! If you are not liked by the right people, you better watch your back!

Advice to Management

None. New management is desperately needed.

"Get the Experience with various Technologies, Then plan your classy exit FAST!!"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Stockbridge, GA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Stockbridge, GA

I have been working at Mikart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits package which is how the get you in. Classy annual party and picnic. Nice bonuses once you've had at least 5 years in. That s if you can hold on that long.

Cons

Poor security system and staff, management is immature and petty. No one is trustworthy. Promotion of the absolute worst and unqualified people is common here. Money is spent in all the wrong places . If all these reviews were published before I went to work there, I would have passed.

Advice to Management

None. BC they are not willing to listen , for they don't care about making employees feel safe and proud of the CO. they work for. They only care about moving numbers. If all these reviews were published before I went to work there, I would have passed . YOU VE BEEN WARNED!!!

9. "Great place to learn! Wish it was a great place to stay."

Former Employee - QC Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mikart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experience using different instruments,
    coworkers are friendly, over time feels like family, time off and benefits are good, older employees are very knowledgeable, security guards are friendly. Holiday party is great, classy with fun atmosphere.

Cons

Not enough parking close to buildings, lots of hearsay, certain departments are unorganized, lack of planning makes job harder than it has to be, lots of turnover due to Management and trainer. Management takes things personally. Record keeping needs updating.

Advice to Management

Get more involved in your department. Stop listening to everything you hear and go see for yourself. Upgrade to LIMS and combine buildings so you don't need a truck to deliver samples. Promote competent employees not the ones you just like. Make the minor improvements that can make this the best place to work in Atlanta.

"Vampire Dairies"

Former Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mikart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to receive a lot of hands on training with different instrumentations such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, UV-Vis, to name a few. Ideal for a college grad. If you can make it through training you can work in any industry with the experience you'll gain from them. If it weren't for a few good friends I made I would've quit while I was in training.

Cons

Where do I begin... MANAGEMENT is absolutely horrible! Most of them talk to and treat the employees disrespectfully. They lie to get you to do their biddings and will throw you under the bus to save their own butts. I've never worked with such unprofessional managers in my entire career as a Chemsit. However, their are a small few of good and professional managers there, small few. They have no sense of humanity and don't appreciate your hard work and yet expect you to work like slaves. SALARY is ok if you have prior experience. If not they will start you off very low. They don't compensate you for working over time. If you have to work on the weekend they only give you a lousy comp day instead of time and a half. And they won't even allow you to take time off during the spring. There is no work/life balance, especially if you're in the FINISHED PRODUCTS group. Just be prepared to work 10-12 hour days. At the end of the year most companies give employees a nice bonus. Not Mikart! They give you a measly $75 and shake your hand. HA! This company is like a blood sucking vampire. They bleed you dry sucking the life right out of you until you can't take it anymore.

Advice to Management

Implementation of management training would help improve the relationships between management and employees. Sensitivity training is also needed.