Mike's Hard Lemonade Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Phil Rosse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, wonderful coworkers (in 4 reviews)

• great health benefits, fun culture, non-traditional company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's sad to see the loss of so many great people/leaders that have helped build this company (in 3 reviews)

• Many have been let go because they didn't "fit" the new culture of the business (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great liquid, Great people - Always evolving & improving"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Mike's Hard Lemonade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good mix of long-term employees (10-16 yrs), medium-term (4-9 yrs) & fresh faces (1-3 yrs)
    Outstanding brands & best-in-class liquid that distributors, retailers & customers recognize as superior
    Consistency at the senior leadership level (3+ yrs) & respect from our distributor partners
    Fun culture that is always evolving & getting better
    Growing company with career advancement opportunities - especially if you're willing to relocate
    Senior leadership has become more & more self-aware & continues to recognize areas of opportunity then takes ACTION to improve
    Generous benefits: great health coverage at a reasonable cost, annual bonus, 401K match, and ample time off between paid holidays & discretionary paid-time-off
    Small company which means it's possible to know (almost) everyone & feel connected with the whole organization

Cons

Peaks & valleys in marketing - confusing messaging & consumer targets at times
    Resource allocation isn't always in-line with what's needed for long-term growth (head-count for key markets or customers)

Advice to Management

Continue to ask for feedback from employees & make changes as the business evolves
    Culture is at an all-time high but it's easy to get complacent - continue to prioritize culture in tandem with business results
    Training will be the next step-up for the organization: realistic investment & expectations in developing the right processes that EVERY employee adheres to will drive growth for the next decade - keep this as a top priority

2. "Great Job If You Give 100%"

Current Employee - Field Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Field Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mike's Hard Lemonade full-time

Pros

Managers attentive to helping learn the business, opportunities for promotion if you are willing to relocate, fun and creative place to work, great benefits.

Cons

Interview process is long, weekend events on occasion

3. "VP Sales"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Mike's Hard Lemonade full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company culture, employees are valued highly

Cons

Ever changing industry, it is difficult to stay ahead of the competition as it fragments

Advice to Management

Innovation other than product is key to success

4. "Manager"

I have been working at Mike's Hard Lemonade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is great! Very hardworking, passionate about the brands. Awesome culture! Great benefits, flexible environment. People are provided opportunities to stretch themselves, which is not always available at other companies. Overall- great environment, love the people, awesome place. Size of company makes it easy to interact with Senior Leadership.

Cons

Nothing that is any different from any other small to medium company.

Advice to Management

keep hiring passionate people!

"Amazing company with great benefits and culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Field Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Field Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mike's Hard Lemonade (More than a year)

Pros

Great company who truly cares about their employees, fun atmosphere and amazing benefits! The owner is such a great guy who has built this company from scratch and it is managed by a fantastic president and senior leadership team. It is great to have a company that doesn't micro manage everything you do and truly trusts in you to drive your own results. In addition we sell a strong portfolio of products with the best tasting liquids in the industry!

Cons

I almost didn't accept the job when I got hired due to the bad Glassdoor reviews so I felt it was important to set the record straight that it was the best decision I've made and you won't regret working for a company like this!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and supporting loyal employees like you do and the company truly has no downside!

"What a mistake"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Mike's Hard Lemonade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Well know brand

Cons

Some of the worst management i've ever seen. Negative review are pretty accurate and the glowing positive have to be HR plants. Owner is in his own world. Innovation has been failing for years. President is classic small man leader. Marketing is weak and driven by even more egos that don't understand what they are doing. any disagreement and you are out. So looking for a new job.

Advice to Management

do this once great brand a service and either get out our sell to a group of professionals. I'm sorry to say that your current leadership is a joke. I wish i could give you negative stars

"sales"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

great health benefits, fun culture, non-traditional company. takes certain personality to fit in. flexible schedule, freedom

Cons

low salary, be sure to negotiate and ask specifics about earning bonus. lateral movement easy, upward movement much more difficult

Advice to Management

no advice to upper management. overall okay company to work for, have definitely worked for worse companies in this industry.

"Stop the madness!"

I worked at Mike's Hard Lemonade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with over the years were great...but those people were also very smart. They've all since left the company.

Cons

The turnover is ridiculously high, and probably for good reason. Mike's hires some smart people and they quickly understand the toxic, negative, horrible environment and culture and get out ASAP.
       If you've ever worked in a positive professional environment where your opinions and ideas are valued, then stay away from Mike's.

Advice to Management

Learn the beer business or hire people with some experience.

"Mike's Hard Lemonade"

Pros

Friendly and hardworking field employees, great benefits plan, delicious liquid

Cons

Management and higher ups in Chicago Office not open to employee feedback (although they state that they are consistently--they do not actually put those words into action), a little cliquey.

Mike's Hard Lemonade Response

Apr 11, 2016 – People Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! I agree that our employees are very friendly and hardworking and I'm glad you like our benefits plan.

As always, our upper management is very open-minded and... More

"Great brands, awesome people!"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mike's Hard Lemonade (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Mike's for about 1.5 yrs and it's been a great opportunity so far! The company culture in the Chicago office is very laid back (jeans and casual attire acceptable most days) with beer-pong games at monthly sales meetings and fun office happenings/field trips to support our brands in the Chicago market. There are many dedicated people working across the country to grow this awesome portfolio of brands and I'm proud to be one of them!

My experience in Sales at Mike's has been very autonomous, therefore day-to-day life is what you make it. So far, my direct managers have trusted me to manage my business and they are there to support when needed. Since this is a small company, it's very easy for you to make a difference and see the results of your actions; but in general, you need to feel comfortable raising your hand/voice if you want something done. If you're someone who's goal-oriented, with a positive attitude and good communication skills, you will do well and meet a lot of dedicated colleagues who have similar working styles.

Cons

Since this is a small company, it's very important that you feel comfortable speaking up with your direct manager. If you don't, it's likely you'll get passed up by someone else who did provide feedback. Unfortunately, if you don't get along with your direct boss, there isn't much of an opportunity to vocalize your frustrations, especially if you're located outside of the Chicago office.

Advice to Management

Put a system in place where employees can give anonymous feedback to HR about direct managers/department managers and then put a leadership development plan in place where improvements can be made.
    Our workforce should be just as diverse as the flavors we supply... Diversify!!

Mike's Hard Lemonade Response

Apr 11, 2016 – People Operations Coordinator

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give your thoughtful feedback. I'm happy to hear you have support and thank you for being a neutral voice! We in HR have an open-door policy and want... More