I have been working at Mikes Carwash part-time (More than 3 years)
Fast paced environment. Great training and feedback. Fantastic customer service company which helps you grow your interpersonal and communication skills.
"Customer Engagement Model" CEM, forces you to recommend unneeded services to customers. The up-selling technique is continually criticized by customers and employees.
I worked at Mikes Carwash (More than a year)
Free Hand Warmers and Hot Chocolate
Had to work in all weather conditions around water.
Great company to work for. They have an excellent training program and are very good to employees. There are many opportunities for bonuses as well as an all-employee event where they hand out money to employees for bingo and other games of that sort. Even will provide for college if you continue to work for them while you're taking classes
Management are bean counters. Every little detail matters to them which always come back to lower level employees which are usually high school/college age kids. They are very particular about everything they do and pretty strict.
Advice to Management
Pull back on speed of service and focus more on customer interactions. Notice that while there are some people that come for a quick wash and don't want to be bombarded with upgrades to the wash.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review
love the people and enviroment
weather, when it rains you get less hours, could be very hot or very cold
I worked at Mikes Carwash part-time
Good working environment. They are professional. They treat entry level positions with respect.
It can get boring. You work outside mostly
I worked at Mikes Carwash part-time (Less than a year)
* Free carwashes, vacuums, baytime and car care supplys (Trees, Armor-alls, etc.)
* Flexible Schedule
* Good Management (My managers are some of the nicest people i know)
* Special bonuses at team meetings for going the extra mile
* Ok pay
* I have lots of friends that work with me so it increased job quality
* Team events each month that are very fun!
* During training you do learn sales skills that could be valuable in the future
* Very demanding environment
* It gets boring sometimes when you are selling but there are no customers on a slow day so you have to sit out in the wow zone by yourself doing nothing
* Very strict no phones policy
* High turnover rate (I Think this is a mixture of lowish pay, long hours, how easy it is to mess up and just the general difficulty of labor)
* For the difficulty of the work done, the pay is not good enough. It is pretty demanding.
* Customer interactions feel very fake due to being forced into a cookie cutter dialogue
* Very strict dress code (We have to wear ties. We are a car wash.)
* You're hours are pretty bad. You eithar have to get up very, very early to open or you have to work until very, very late to close unless you are the one lucky guy that day that gets midshift. You are also required to work weekends.
* The loading area easily gets up to 90 - 95 degrees in the summer and you have to work their all day if you are loading
Advice to Management
Increase the pay or give more incentives, like higher pay on the weekends. A more lax uniform policy would be great. If things changed, I feel more employees would feel more valued and not quit all the time. Please for the love of god remove the requirement to have someone stay in the wow zone. All it does it make employees argue over who has to stand out in the blistering heat/freezing cold being bored all day. I think the higher up guys need a reality check. We're a carwash, not a five star resort. We really don't need to be wearing the formal clothes that we do and don't need to be the shining star of perfection and politeness.
Its a job. Rigorous (almost excessive) interviewing process does a good job of sorting out possible employees. As a result, the best part of this job is your fellow co workers. All were fun and ambitious.
Free car washes and air fresheners are nice.
The worst part of this job for me was being forced into the "Mike's Way of Life" and the exaggerated personifications of their ideals and mission statement. Interactions with customers felt fake due to the very strict model provided. A very Drink the Coolaid type of vibe as one user said.
Management holds you to a standard far beyond what you're paid.
I worked at Mikes Carwash full-time (More than 3 years)
Always something to do, great training, and friendly atmosphere. Always in the sun in the summertime. Always hours to be had in the winter.
Pay is just above min. wage. Which would be ok if you weren't doing strenuous manual labor in the winter. Lots of nickel and diming you out of money on your check. Repeatedly changing pay scales and bonuses. They promote a family friendly business, but if you have a family it will lead to separation or divorce. They would rather you be single and work you until you're broken. Pay increases are extremely laughable.
I have been working at Mikes Carwash full-time (More than a year)
Very team oriented environment with a lot of company growth. Know the owner and he is a very growth oriented business man.
Long long hours, harsh work environment, micromanaging, and nepotism.
Advice to Management
Spend a little more money on labor to keep morale up.
I have been working at Mikes Carwash full-time
Working with great people, interaction with customers, and free carwashes.
Low Pay, Gainshare was a joke, drink the cool aid like environment.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?