Milan Supply Chain Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "OTR Driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jackson, TN

I have been working at Milan Supply Chain Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RESPECT. Gratitude. Pay. Home time

Cons

Only the cons involved with driving a big truck.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"lying cheap company. they do not want to get you home and communication is terrible. pay is terrible for anyone with exp"

Former Employee - Driver in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Driver in Jackson, TN

I worked at Milan Supply Chain Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i would say none but i can say they are good about keeping you in the same region

Cons

terrible pay, horrible communication skills, lies about hometime, shop is terrible, all around boring company

Advice to Management

should definately consider opening up more accounts. over the road shouldnt be dedicated freight. and people with exp should receive more than 34 cents per mile

"False report"

Former Employee - OTR Driver
    Former Employee - OTR Driver

I worked at Milan Supply Chain Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Home time was usally on time

Cons

Low miles attitudes from dispatch also turned in my truck after notice at terminal was routed there after delivering my load today i found out they are reporting i quit under dispatch witch is a lie

Advice to Management

Grow up how does lieing on me help you

"false repot"

Former Employee - Daycab Driver Dedicated in Harrisonburg, VA
    Former Employee - Daycab Driver Dedicated in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Milan Supply Chain Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can prove to anyone who wants to see ...that the state of va caught them. Milan express in multiple lies

Cons

All I can do is pray .....

Advice to Management

Disrespectful sexual harassers two faced .....

"Deceitful Company"

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Milan Supply Chain Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good mechanics and drivers!

Cons

-Not family oriented. Allowed only 12 hours for Family (dads) death and nerve to call during graveside service. Because you were burying your father, dispatcher lies and retaliates by keeping you out on road for 2 weeks.
    -treats long time drivers with no respect!!! takes pay due to recession promise to give back in a few months, which turned into 6 years and $73,000 from pay, later to be hit in the face with facts of Milan hiring kids out of high school with no experience making twice as you!!!
    -Have no respect for their employees or family. No compassion for employee who have Loss a loved one. Will harass you at the funeral, 12 hours for bereavement, and continuously retaliates if you do not leave during your dads funeral by keeping you on the road for more than 2 weeks. and saying you do not need a restart.
    -Company will take get you to sign up for HSA (medicine account), take money from your check but instead of putting money toward your HSA (medicine account) your money is deposited into the company account.
    -No benefits, (no long term or short term disability, replaced with aflac and stopped that.
    -no miles, unless your family is a big wig!!! then you will get 2500 miles a week. If no family with high status, you be lucky to 1800 a week!!!!
    -your weekly pay check will be $300 to 400 bring home!!! IF your LUCKY!!! or dont have a death in the family.
    -health insurance for 1 plus spouse is a full pay check and half each month. Then it will not cover Anything!! IT is suppose to be 80/20 however you pay 80% and they only pay 20%! JMCGH REP SAID they HATE TO SEE EMPLOYEES FROM MILAN EXPRESS COMING. OBAMA CARE IS !))% better. Do not waste your money or time!
    -No opportunities
    -NO COMPENSATION OR BENEFITS besides vacation which 4 days were taking away
    -95%work and 5%life
    -This company culture is to make money at all cost. even if it means treating and showing employees disrespect, lies, and being deceitful.
    -The companies values _THEY HAVE NO MORAL VALUES! They VALUE MONEY FOR THEIR SELF AND OVER EVERYTHING ELSE!!!! EMPLOYEES TO MILAN IS ANOTHER STEP THEY CAN STEP ON< SPIT ON< and dump trash on!
    -WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE

Advice to Management

-You need to treat your drivers and their family with respect .
    -stop deceiving drivers.
    I have never seen a company treat their employees like MILAN EXPRESS HAVE>
    YOU DO NOT call employees to tell them they need to go to work, literally at the time of the funeral burying their family (DAD). My GOD MAN HAVE THIS COMPANY GOT ANY MORALS??? this company did not send flowers, a representative or even a phone call to their employee to offer their condolence for the lost of their parent,> With no scruples or compassion for another human beings loss, this company called all right, to more or less tell them go to work or else at the moment the pastor was saying prayer before lowering the employees parent's casket into the ground. NOW THAT IS in human and HEARTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Untruthful DAT Reporting."

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Paris, TN
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Paris, TN

I worked at Milan Supply Chain Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok place if you don't need a lot of money (avg. $500/week) or like to be home weekly. Mid-west runs keep you within a days drive of home.

Cons

Better submit your resignation in writing. I did this through a phonecall to my FMgr and follow-up over the Qualcomm before cleaning and returning my truck. Two months later I requested a copy of my DAC report and discovered they reported that I had "quit under dispatch" with is at best incorrect, and at worst a complete lie. Don't trust anyone at this company - not recruiters, not fleet managers, and not H.R.

Advice to Management

Get out of your office every now and then to see how your organization is being ran.

"Former employee"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Milan Supply Chain Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the office staff and recruiting department was great that's it nothing more nothing less orientation is a breeze can't really saying anything else

Cons

.31cpm .... only .1raise per year
    No Guarantee on miles
    Trainers are rude
    If you have to work there use it as a stepping stone not for anything else

"forklift operator"

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Jackson, TN

I worked at Milan Supply Chain Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

was a good company to work for

Cons

didn't follow there own rules

Advice to Management

follow your rules you make

"milan working"

Current Employee - Driver in Jackson, TN

Pros

I get paid weekly. And home every weekend .

Cons

I sit all the time and detention pay isnt for 2 monthsto pay you. each week i sit atleast 10 hours or more waiting to get loaded everyweek. I am underpaid i havr no.idea what my paycheck will be every week cause every week its constantly waiting or goinf home early.

Advice to Management

Listen to your drivers ask them about there concerns and how you can make it easier and more efficient

"Deceiving"

Current Employee - Driver in Jackson, TN

Pros

Checks are deposited on time.

Cons

This company misrepresents itself. Once you get through training, and are issued your truck, it is VITAL that you keep a notebook of every load order, including paid mileage (load and empty), times of arrival and departure, and details of issues not being addressed. This makes this job more stressful than it should be. I just started this job, and I'm over 1000 miles not paid what I was told I'd be paid. I have some trips that werent paid at all. You are delayed on a daily basis having to wait for information you need to deliver/ pick up your loads. This is constantly causing you money. When these issues are addressed, you get vague and sometimes sarcastic answers. The equipment is ok. But proper maintenance, even when listed on VIR is addressed vaguely, and sometimes ignored. This company is only concerned with safety scores, and "building a clearer vision".... but will take from you (the driver) to achieve this "clearer" vision, without any warning or notice. This company WILL screw you.

Advice to Management

Stop deceiving. Listen to your drivers. Take an interest in the issues you are informed of. Train your dispatchers and load planners to do their job EFFICIENTLY, without detaining the driver. Get your payroll department on the same page with your load planners that miles are paid honestly, and efficiently. Stop being rude and unconcerned. Help your drivers feel secure in their jobs.