MileOne Autogroup Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good People"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MileOne Autogroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience - great people to work with

Cons

No cons really.... work was sometimes mundane

Nov 13, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We encourage you during your down time to see if there is any online training you might be interested in. These resources can be found on HR Connection.

2. "Best Auto Group to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MileOne Autogroup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Performance based pay and promotions based on merit and accomplishments. Plenty of training, wants you to take care of the customer and does business ethically.

Cons

A lot of emails to read. Unfortunately the only way to communicate in such a large company.

Oct 20, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

3. "Think before you work here....."

Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Well, the atmosphere is relaxed, and you do alot of training. I guess the opportunity for growth is there, but far in between as they bring in outside people to move up in front of people who have been there already. The involvement in the community is a good thing. Not much.....more!!

Cons

Where do I begin but the obvious....the pay plan is terrible. I'm not sure how it is in the Northern half of Mile One but for us in the Hall Division it is a slap in the face. We only ask for a fair pay plan for us to make a living but instead they think the wages they are top notch in the area when in turn they're at the bottom. When they changed the plan back in June. They had a mad exodus of sales persons leaving going to other dealerships even management too. That should tell you something, but they don't care because the top of the corporate ladder is getting their money regardless on the backs of the sales people. When you leave also and have a PTO balance left they won't pay you for it as well. Just greedy, managers aren't too concerned because they are all corporate lackeys and scared to speak up for the salespeople like real leaders. If you work for the Hall Division just know even if you sell 20 cars on either pay plan you're still under paid verses the competition out here.

Advice to Management

Try to stand up for your people. You see the injustice of this pay plan and say nothing about it. Ask yourself if you were back selling cars would you be happy on this current pay plan? Think about it. We all want to make enough for a good living so don't forget where you came from managers.

4. "Fast-paced, fun work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I worked at MileOne Autogroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Fun work environment. Lots of room for growth, especially if you're young and looking to learn and gain a lot of experience.

Cons

Once you've worked your way up through your department or designated area, no more opportunities are provided to learn more, cross-train, or take on additional projects.

Oct 20, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are continuing to explore continual training opportunities for our employees - have you looked in to the Next Mile Scholarship?

5. "Ok"

I worked at MileOne Autogroup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the family atmosphere of the employees

Cons

When Mr. Fader passed away the business was then indeed ran like a corporation. No value in long term, valuable employees.

Advice to Management

none

Oct 20, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review! We try to continue the vision that Mr. Fader established before he past by investing in our employees, their families and communities. As we continue to grow those core... More

"ugh"

I worked at MileOne Autogroup full-time

Pros

you get paid to do nothing but sit around
    can apply for other jobs while at work

Cons

terrible benefits
    no work life balance
    managers only care about themselves and personal gains rather than their own employees

i worked in a department where i saw how much turnover was in the whole company-its a lot. no one wants to say and work for them

Advice to Management

stop being so selfish

Oct 20, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review . We're sorry you had a bad experience working with us! Did you have an opportunity to provide your feedback to your HR Generalist? Each HR Generalist is placed in the... More

7. "Product and Technology Specialist"

I have been working at MileOne Autogroup full-time

Pros

They offer a relaxed working environment

Cons

Corporate does not seem to care for its employees in terms of compensation.

Jul 11, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! The Product & Technology Specialist position is a great introduction in to the automotive industry and an important part of the customer service experience. As a leader... More

8. "Sales and Leasing Consultant"

I have been working at MileOne Autogroup full-time

Pros

Can't think of anything of one singles pro, maybe your employed, go to Walmart.

Cons

Very unprofessional, from Finance Mangers to the Sales Mangers. There are a handful of awesome people but 85% are the usual " used car salesman" stigma. After being told things would be professional, ethical, and a new way of car sales thought it would be different. Worst job I have ever had. Hours are ridiculous. People are working 9am-9pm everyday to try and make their sales. Work and personal like balance, no such thing. Run for the hills. It's all about making a sale does not matter how you do it.

Advice to Management

Be honest with future employees and you might not have such a high volume of turnover. Be professional and ethical if that's possible in car sales. Good luck with that one.

Jul 10, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review! We're sorry that you're having a bad experience as a Sales/Leasing Consultant. Did you take the opportunity to speak with someone about your concerns yet? Please feel free... More

9. "Sales Luxury Division"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at MileOne Autogroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team / Family environment

Cons

Base pay could use a boost

Advice to Management

Reward employees
    Don't let them wonder if 'corp' cares

Oct 20, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently investigating ways in which to add more rewards programs, but did you see the rewards programs on HRConnection? We have TONS of employee discounts from... More

10. "Not Long-term"

I worked at MileOne Autogroup full-time

Pros

-Work Autonomy
    -Exposure to organization structure

Cons

- Minimal paid time off/vacation
    -Low wage
    -Weak work life balance
    -Minimal career development

May 30, 2017 – MileOne Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking time to provide a review! We have to agree with your PROS!
    We'd like to address your CONS if we could:
    We work very hard to provide opportunity for our employees to develop... More