Miles Technologies (New Jersey) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Chris Miles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lastly, the benefits, such as the free food in the kitchen, was a huge plus and money saver (in 7 reviews)

• anyone in the company is willing to help if you have a question or point you in the right direction (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is unpredictable and cannot be fully trusted (in 3 reviews)

• no one will be on your side come time for a promotion (in 2 reviews)

1. "Your life at Miles is what you make of it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Miles Technologies (New Jersey) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros:
    Free Food
    Company Events
    Phone Reimbursement
    Gym Reimbursement
    Personal Chromebooks

What I love about my Job:

Every day is different and I get to interact with such a varied groups/people. It means I am always learning! Things are always changing and always evolving. Every day is different and it is a constant adventure. Each day I am presented with new challenges and situations, which really helps me to stay focused and interested. I am able to use my skills and knowledge as well as push myself in areas that I am unsure of myself. I am allowed to grow and show my potential. My manager is always encouraging me to grow and welcomes my feedback and ideas. I have the freedom to think outside the box and have all thoughts considered. I love having the freedom to experiment and fail, and still be supported.

Cons

Not so much of a con but my biggest pet peeve is the days flies by! I am always left with wanting to accomplish more and make a bigger impact. Maybe just because I love what I am doing! :)

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the growth and development of the future leaders of Miles. The talent is here!

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Miles Technologies (New Jersey) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Career cultivation, guidance, and incentives
    - Regular team-building events/parties
    - Rigorous hiring process so your colleagues aren't idiots
    - Plenty of overtime opportunities
    - Clear and laid-back time off policy (as long as you're responsible)

Cons

- Compensation less than ideal
    - Under-powered workstations

Advice to Management

I'm a little surprised a bigger effort wasn't made to address the number of employees who felt that they had to regularly(!) stay late for unpaid overtime in order to meet deadlines and perceived expectations. I understand that we value the work/life balance so I would've thought we'd want to have the management keep a tight eye on the practice to hunt down why people felt they had to do that. I'm not sure that shrugging our shoulders and saying, "Well, it's their choice" is good enough.

"One of the better marketing agencies to work for"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Miles Technologies (New Jersey) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning opportunities, great team, great culture, supportive leadership, free lunch, book club, on site training, bonuses for certifications, games in the cafeteria, daily push ups at 11am. I worked at other agencies and Miles Marketing is definitely not a sweatshop. They don't burn and churn like I have seen other agencies do. They are not cookie-cutter in their approach and provide excellent and comprehensive digital marketing services.

Cons

Miles would be 5 stars if they paid a bit better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue to grow the marketing agency to compete with the other key players. Pay a bit more to attract and retain top quality marketers.

"Miles Technologies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Miles Technologies (New Jersey) (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! The hiring process is rigorous and helps ensure a good fit for both Miles Technologies and the employee. I found everyone there to be very supportive and able to work well together to provide the best support for clients. Upper management is available and open to working collaboratively. The free food is a big plus! I enjoyed my time at Miles Technologies.

Cons

Not really any cons. Sometimes there did not seem to be enough hours in the day to get things done. You are expected to learn quickly.

"Miss Miles Technologies"

Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Miles Technologies (New Jersey) (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent place for entry level developers. They have a vigorous training process that helps you in the long run. Very friendly staff, supportive team leads and fantastic environment. I enjoyed my time at Miles Technologies.

Cons

The training program, although through but it's too fast paced. You might feel like a deer hit by a headlight.

"If you want to learn technolgy, Miles is the place for you."

Current Employee - IT Support Manager in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - IT Support Manager in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Miles Technologies (New Jersey) (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked as an IT professional for over 18 years. I have learned more about technology in my three years of employment with Miles, then I had in the 15 years previously.

Cons

Not really a con, but your days will feel very short while working here. You will be so busy that at the end of the day you will ask yourself: Where did the day go?

"Want to know if this place is for you?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Pros

For me, Miles Technologies has been a place to build my dream career. Being able to come into a company without a ton of experience and getting opportunities from the very beginning to help customers while having the support of experts to back you up is an amazing experience. I've never seen such a place where it truly is what you do and how you grow your knowledge & skills that translate so directly into career advancement. It truly is a meritocracy. The career planning sessions with your manager help you uncover your strengths and build upon them to find the way your uniqueness can best help with the overall goals. I've had several jobs (including my current one) which did not even exist before we thought them up together.

What do you get to do every day? Technology can be frustrating to many people, and with Miles you get a chance to really HELP people use and embrace it in ways that make their lives better. We have the chance to let someone go through their day just a little less stressed out, and maybe work a little smarter, so they can get more of what they need to do every day done & get home to see their families instead of fighting with their computers or software systems.

Why is it such a great team? The company's core concept of Helping People Accomplish More permeates through the team environment here, also - EVERYONE is willing to help. It's common for someone to jump in to help solve a problem for a customer, share some great knowledge in one of the Miles University sessions, over lunch or in the lounge, or even help you clear off your car after a snow storm while you've been working all day. If you like helping people, this is definitely a great place for you.

On top of all that, there are perks like the fully stocked kitchen (which is awesome), games in the lunchroom, gift cards for outstanding customer service recognition, the ongoing opportunity to challenge yourself & learn, working with some of the smartest AND nicest people I've ever met, and knowing at the end of the day that your work is appreciated by customers and fellow staff alike.

Cons

It is a fast-paced environment and there is a persistent expectation to get things done. Personally I don't see this as a problem - most people who are here thrive on that energy. So - if you are not interested in working hard or driven to succeed, this is not the place for you.

Sometimes the frustration of technology can get the better of customers, and in the customer facing roles, you will have to be part counselor as well as consultant so they understand we're all trying to work to make things better.

Things do change around here; not the core beliefs or purpose, yet platforms and guidelines and positions are often changing. Technology is constantly evolving, and so is this company. Some people don't like or deal well with change - if that is you, then look elsewhere for your career.

Advice to Management

Keep making opportunities for more people to contribute to the company and to the services you provide. Continue to focus on what core purpose and drive got you to where you are today as you grow. Keep open minds and looking for opportunities to improve, just as you have been doing!

"IT CONSULTANT"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Moorestown, NJ

Pros

Great people working here, I am very happy to be around my co-workers.

Cons

Less time for professional development, would like to have free time to study and develop more skills for the company.

Advice to Management

None

Miles Technologies (New Jersey) Response

Feb 24, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback, and I am happy to hear that you enjoy working with the folks on your team. I am concerned about your career development, and I appreciate your desire to develop more... More

"Love it"

Current Employee - Helpdesk Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

The people are amazing. Everyone is so helpful here and they don't care if you ask the same question a million times. compensation and benefits are not bad. The atmosphere and attitude is great. Location is right around everything and it helped that I do not have a far commute now.

Cons

I'll let you know when I find some

"Great Place to Work: Interesting Work - Great People"

I have been working at Miles Technologies (New Jersey) full-time

Pros

Miles Technologies has a great culture that is inspired by Chris Miles and permeates through all levels of management.

It starts with an extensive and challenging recruiting process, which helps ensure that I am working with only the best and brightest people in my field. I am sure this also contributes to the fact that there are common set of work ethic among coworkers, including working hard, being responsive, taking responsibility (you don't see CYA tactics here), and understanding the importance of priorities in each others lives that are outside of the office - like family.

The company has been around for nearly 20 years, and seems to grow steadily year after year. They are headquartered in Moorestown, NJ - but are expanding geographically and now have staff and customers in different parts of the country (along with some international).

Customers are spread across different industries. This along with the fact Miles is a technology means that there is literally something new and interesting to learn every day.

Management makes sure we have the resources to do our job. The company is a technology company and definitely understands the impact that technology can have on helping people do their work. Every employee has at least 2 monitors. I think a one or two people have upwards of 6 or more. Most employees have chromebooks.

People are normally promoted from within the organization, but it is based on merit and not simply tenure with the company.

The company also has many little perks (group outings and a fully stocked lunchroom to name a couple).

With all of the above said, I think the biggest pro is that the management of the company have great vision and care about their employees and about our customers. All of my co-workers put each other first. The people at Miles Technologies truly want to see staff accomplish more in our professional lives.

Cons

Miles Technologies is a technology company, and will, on occasion make major technology changes relatively quickly. For example, over a weekend, the company decided to switch over all of the file storage to the cloud. This can be challenging at times, especially for those people that do not like change.

It also can be a fast paced environment and everyone expects others to contribute. Everyone here works hard and works to improve their skills and abilities.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue to hire the best people to work with... continue to continually improve... And, continue to come up with new ways to be a great place to work!