Milestone Systems A / S Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2019

Found 31 reviews

4.0
Lars Thinggaard

"A high performing (and fun!) company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Milestone Systems A / S full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company fosters an open environment in many ways. The benefits and perks are great! I can say I really enjoy coming to work each day. The company performance continues to get stronger, especially in the Americas. It is rewarding to be part of a company that is continually growing and exceeding expectations.

Cons

I do wish our office was located in downtown Portland instead of Beaverton.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage open and honest conversations, as well as transparency.

Milestone Systems A / S2016-07-14

"Company on the Move"

Current Employee - Sales in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Milestone Systems A / S full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership is focused on employees and company growth.

Cons

competition in this space is tough.

Advice to Management

Loosen the ropes a bit and trust the team you have brought in to move the company forward. Also, be sure to stay focused on taking care of all customers (internal and external).

Milestone Systems A / S2016-06-17
  3. "Great company to work for with great perks!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Milestone Systems A / S full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generous vacation, rich benefits plan, good pay, flexible working schedules, etc. This is a pretty great place to work. I love the people I work with and the opportunities I get here. I started out as an intern and got promoted to full time when I graduated college. I am very happy here and would definitely recommend this place to a friend.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's an exciting time to be working for Milestone as they continue to grow.

Milestone Systems A / S2016-05-26

"Avoid this company"

Former Employee - Country Manager DACH in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Milestone Systems A / S

Pros

Good benefits. Growing industry. Opportunity to work with European company, free food purchased weekly by the secretary to keep the worker bees fat and happy

Cons

Nepotism, poor senior management, deceptive senior management aimed at furthering own personal financial gain (side businesses including winery), small-minded and non-innovative business operation practices. Had face to face discussions with Lars (the president) and he is either out of touch with the US operation or open to let improprieties occur.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees. Practice the edicts and professional guidelines that you preach. Don't promote people with multiple personality disorders or behavioral issues to manage others.

Milestone Systems A / S2015-11-09

July 14, 2016HR Generalist

Thank you very much for your honest comments. Here at Milestone we take feedback seriously and encourage it in several formats, such as weekly and monthly team or departmental meetings and particularly as part of the ongoing review sessions with your manager. Your input will help ...

"Could be much better"

Former Employee - Channel Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Milestone Systems A / S full-time

Pros

Good company good products, non management staff excellent

Cons

Over worked for little pay, No diversity . A lot of Nepotism in the Company, No direction form middle management , Product training is very limited, no trust in middle management

Milestone Systems A / S2015-10-05

July 14, 2016HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to share your input on Milestone and things we can do to improve. Feedback is important to us and we take it seriously for considering new ways to improve our employees’ satisfaction. Training is in focus at Milestone and in 2016 we have carried out new ...

"Warning: Stay Away from this Company"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Milestone Systems A / S

Pros

Global company, employee benefits, free food to fatten you up

Cons

Nepotism, dishonest management, low pay, inconsistent treatment of employees due to personal or family relationships with key senior management, incompetent senior management in HR, Operations and Sales

Advice to Management

Walk the walk instead of giving lip service to what the company is about. All of the suspicions that Copenhagen HQ has about the Portland office are very true and change is needed as soon as possible. Quit filtering family wine sales at inflated prices through the company..the wine sucks anyhow.

Milestone Systems A / S2015-10-21

July 14, 2016HR Generalist

We agree that good management is important for our employees to succeed and we have a management training program in place for all of our top and middle managers from each of our world region locations today. There have also been some personnel changes in top management over the ...

7. "No job security"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen

I worked at Milestone Systems A / S full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was surprisingly an excellent company to work for until I was surprisingly fired for no good reason. XProtect is excellent software. Great partners and customers.

Cons

Human Resources do not defend you nor want to hear your story. Milestone is talking about culture and values which is excellent, but, in my particular case, they did exactly the opposite. I was let go from one day to the next, and the HR representative was literally smiling half of the time. Amazing.

Advice to Management

Work alongside with your employees in order to achieve common goals, not against them. Be open, transparent and communicative. Keep your promises.

Milestone Systems A / S2019-08-12

"I have had the pleasure of working for Milestone and growing both personally and professionally."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen

I have been working at Milestone Systems A / S part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Milestone has amazing aspirations for what they want to become and you really feel as if you are part of a family. You can expect to grow as part of the companies growth and the future looks very positive.

Cons

The very flat hierarchy leaves little room for upwards mobility.

Advice to Management

To look beyond what the numbers are saying.

Milestone Systems A / S2018-10-31
  9. "Friendly company with good organization"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Copenhagen

I worked at Milestone Systems A / S full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Well structured teams - Focus on software quality - Very good working culture and work/life balance - Well thought-of and prioritized user stories - Modern development tools and focus on automation - Management open for discussions

Cons

- Not enough cooperation between teams in terms of software architecture

Milestone Systems A / S2018-09-11
  10. "Fast paced for those with a winner mentality"

I have been working at Milestone Systems A / S full-time

Pros

A fast growing company in an exciting industry with flexible Scandinavian working culture and ethics.

Cons

Sometimes a bit too much influenced by American ways of doing business which could at times be perceived as arrogant or greedy in some markets.

Milestone Systems A / S2018-07-16