Milgard Manufacturing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 3, 2018

3.2
Vishal Singh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people internal and external" (in 14 reviews)

• "Insurance and other benefits are good in comparison with the building materials industry" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "At times, work life balance can get out of kilter" (in 7 reviews)

• "long hours and poor company management" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Thank you!"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Fife, WA

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Milgard has an awesome monetary match program for donations made to non-profit organizations. Thank you very much!

Cons

Sometimes can be working long hours.

Advice to Management

Please keep listening to your leads that are in place.

2. "Service Coordinator"

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Temecula, CA

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, room for growth.

Cons

Mandatory overtime, service department has never been in good shape since I started with the company 3 years ago. The turn around rate in the service department is bad, can never keep that department fully staffed. People are always coming and going because the demand is too high.

Advice to Management

Keep the energy of the team positive any negativity will have coordinators hating coming into work and eventually they will leave. That has been the case with several team members and myself.

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing full-time

Pros

Tons of work and steady income

Cons

None that I can think of

4. "Driver assistant"

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing full-time

Pros

None at all they treat you so bad

Cons

They treat you like a slave and they don’t care about you at all

Advice to Management

Fire them

"More than small problems."

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Health benefits are good
    Steady Paycheck
    Good people to work with

Cons

Far away from corporate headquarters.
    Denver (actually in Aurora, but tags as Denver) is very much "out of site out of mind" it seems to corporate. Emergency situations (a manager quits and somebody needs to fill the position immediately), or the quarterly "planned visit" are the only time we see anybody from corporate. Anytime we need anything (more people hired, an employee deserves a raise outside of the once a year (sometimes) "raise day", positions created, anything that is more than buying the small materials we need, has to be approved through corporate. However, corporate isn't around to see the need, so everything needed takes forever to get (rarely) approved.

High turnover throughout.
    From entry level positions, through management. I have seen at least 3 different "GM's", 3 different Finance Managers (soon to be 4), 4 different production managers, easily 15+ production supervisors, 25+ Production line Leads, and hundreds (I would venture to say into a thousand, but I don't have supporting information) of production floor employees come and go. I haven't been here 10 years yet. This shows a TON of upper management (corporate) instability. People generally don't quit their job, they quit their manager. However, there are no stable managers, as every 2 years its somebody new coming in to prove themselves and change everything again. - Very hard on the people to do this again and again. Most of the seasoned employees lose respect for the management positions, because this new guy is just going to be gone in a little while like all the others.

Lack of opportunity for advancement.
    Milgard Denver has periodically attempted to do employee training and furthering, but gives up on it quickly. From the "Learning to Lead" program that taught employees some of the skills to lead production teams, to the "Bridge Program" that gave some higher "Lean" teaching to Supervisors and Leads, they do nothing now, giving up on them because they don't have the time or resources to dedicate to furthering employees.
    In the years I have worked for Milgard Denver, I have only seen 2 employees (Both of which are indirect labor/office employees) receive actual promotions. Denver will promote an employee to "Production Lead" pretty quickly and easily, that's just a small pay raise with the expectation that you make sure your department performs. Nothing to write home about considering the responsibility put in your lap for the pay increase. Every other position above production lead (salary starts above production lead) is hired from outside, not promoted from within. To put it simply, this means that if you weren't hired as a supervisor or higher, you will never advance to supervisor or higher. This is especially harmful to moral when a supervisor or manager leaves the company (and they do it often), and it falls onto the "lower in the chain of command" employees to pick up the slack and keep things running, to take care of the customers and company. Employees that aspire for more, will jump in and do the extra work, but are never credited or promoted. Milgard will hire somebody from the outside again, who will have to learn the processes, and will leave the company in less than 2 years, and the circle begins again.
    - Dead End Job means you can't advance, Milgard Denver is a dead end job for anybody that wants advancements opportunities.

Cost of Living - Doesn't match pay rate.
    Colorado has been booming over the last several years (Good thing) and the cost of living has increased, but the pay rate at Milgard Denver has not increased to match. Other companies in the area offer better pay, so we lose good employees to higher paying companies. It also makes it harder to find good employees for the lower pay rate, contributing to our very high turnover rate. This in turn contributes to quality issues, difficulty in hitting UPEH goals, and having to work long hours to get the jobs done. All contributing to cost of business.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, without them, you have no business.

6. "WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Fife, WA

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing (More than a year)

Pros

Clocking out and going home

Cons

Some of the fellow employees that i had the pleasure of working with

Advice to Management

You have a high turnover rate because your company is horrible. You treat your employees like trash.

7. "STRESS"

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Temecula, CA

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People and work close to home

Cons

Management in Temecula cares more about numbers and profit than they do for the employees. High stress and competative enviornment leads to infighting.

Advice to Management

stop working employees 12 plus hours 6 days a week in HOT plant.

"Customer Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great stepping stool for someone wanting to get in the industry. Great employees that have been with the company for many years and know their stuff.

Cons

HR is not for the employees. They work against you not with you. Management is not supportive. This is a company that is CONSTANTLY down sizing. They do lay offs every year around the holidays. There product quality gets worse and you are constantly having to apologize or make up lies to customers about stuff that is out of your control! and their "culture" is all fraud

"Production Manager"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Fife, WA

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly Environment with some good people.

Cons

Poor Management
    Lack of Manufacturing knowledge

Advice to Management

You don’t know everything. Learn to listen.

10. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Temecula, CA

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good group employee but they are leaving quickly.

Cons

Major leadership issues. Each department is working for the best interest of themselves

Advice to Management

Restructure