KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Milgard Manufacturing

Is this your company?

Milgard Manufacturing

Add a Review

Milgard Manufacturing Employee Reviews about "fast pace"

Updated Jul 23, 2020

Found 10 of over 227 reviews

4.0
Milgard Manufacturing CEO, MI Windows and Doors Matt DeSoto
Matt DeSoto
Pros
  • "Great people internal and external(in 14 reviews)

• "Fast pace job make time go by faster if you like to stay busy(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes can be working long hours(in 11 reviews)

• "This shows a TON of upper management (corporate) instability(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Milgard Manufacturing and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "fast pace"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A solid Company with lots of opportunity...

May 10, 2018 - Corporate in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Milgard is a fast paced environment that offers plenty of opportunity for both personal and professional growth. They are a rewarding company to work for and quite honestly I couldn't see myself anywhere else!

Cons

These would depend on the person; as mentioned it's a fast paced environment with plenty to do (you'll never be staring at the clock willing it to move faster). I understand this isn't for everyone, but if you are one that enjoys this type of environment this would be a perfect fit for you!

Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback, which is so important to us! We do have a focus on safety, career opportunities/growth, as you mention - and we'll continue to be focused there as these are extremely important to us. We're awfully glad you are on our team!

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a place to work

Jul 23, 2020 - Machine Operator in Fife, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace job make time go by faster if you like to stay busy

Cons

Too much work expected for the pay. Hard to advance. Absolutely no training to get next level raise. You get raise once a year if you get lucky. Monthly bonus is almost impossible to get. Might advance faster working for McDonald’s

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Manager, Talent Development

Thank you for your response and for the time you have spent with us, as well as the feedback you have provided, which we will follow up on. One of Milgard's core values is to continuously improve. Thank you for sharing your input.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Milgard rating

Apr 28, 2018 - Inside Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people internal and external. Fast pace. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

You are expected to work a lot of OT

Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for your comments and for the ten years you spent with us. We wish you only the very best in your career pursuits!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great culture and commitment

Oct 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Driven environment to succeed and to push employees to do their best Fast pace of work to keep employees engaged Strong customer focus

Cons

At times, work life balance can get out of kilter

Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback and for your tenure with us over these past eight years. We are so glad you are part of the Milgard Portland team!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

production

Mar 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people and fast paced

Cons

low pay and poor structure

HR Generalist

We are happy to hear you enjoy the people and pace of Milgard! Working with people you enjoy being around, makes going to work everyday so much easier! We are constantly evaluating our pay structure and continually adjusting as we see fit to ensure we remain competitive in our total compensation plans.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Foundation by Gary & Jim Milgard - currently in the trenches

Feb 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hands down some of the best people, great co-workers. Educational assistance is definitely a bonus. Fast paced and always busy.

Cons

Turn-over and reorganizational strategies over the last several years has had a significant impact. Trending like many other companies and struggling as they try to manage operations from dashboards, desks, and software. Kick off new initiatives, unable to sustain, while production continues to struggle with obstacles everyday.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

We appreciate your feedback and your 10 years of service to Milgard! As you mentioned, Milgard has made some calculated changes that we feel have set Milgard up for even more success in the coming years. We are excited to see what the Milgard future holds!

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Missed opportunity

Nov 17, 2016 - Production Lead in Tualatin, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning about lean manufacturing and 5s. Great employees to work with. Good experience for fast pace production.

Cons

Management views employees as numbers not people. They focus on employees who brown nose instead of taking care of the high qualified employees who preform. I built team and broke records but continued to get passed up for promotion. I was promised opportunity and positions and then they pulled them back. Total lack of respect.

3 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. We love to hear that you enjoyed the lean manufacturing culture and the employees you work with. As you mention though, overtime is an issue and Milgard recognizes that - it has a significant impact on our employee's and their families. We are making every effort to evaluate the situation and make adjustments to help reduce the need for overtime.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

management

Sep 2, 2016 - Machine Operator in Fife, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice co-workers. Fast pace job make the day goes by faster. Benefit is ok but medical is expensive

Cons

Poor management and leaderships. Leaderships are uneducated and poor in improvement abilities. Only get a raise if you pass a level in skills but there's absolutely no training. There's no annual or cost of living raise. You could work there for a couple years and not getting a raise.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Production Operator

Sep 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots to learn, keeps you busy all during your shift. A fast paced environment with never ending projects and room for growth. You can come up with your own thoughts and put them to use to help productivity always be improved upon.

Cons

With a high turn-over rate, the work hours can be very strenuous and there is very little balance between the home life and work. The over-time hours are always transferred into the weekends, putting stress on the home environment, if married with a family.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee

Warehouse

Mar 1, 2015 - Warehouse Worker in Temecula, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team members a great opportunity to learn and become fast pace worker

Cons

Bad supervisor and little opportunity to grow in the company on different departments

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews