KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Milgard Manufacturing

Is this your company?

Milgard Manufacturing

Add a Review

Milgard Manufacturing Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 20, 2018

Found 8 of over 227 reviews

4.0
Milgard Manufacturing CEO, MI Windows and Doors Matt DeSoto
Matt DeSoto
Pros
  • "Great people internal and external(in 14 reviews)

• "Fast pace job make time go by faster if you like to stay busy(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes can be working long hours(in 11 reviews)

• "This shows a TON of upper management (corporate) instability(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Milgard Manufacturing and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

I worked in the administrative offices.

Jul 29, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was very nice and supportive. If you didn't know the answer to something all you had to do was ask. Good pay and benefits package. You are expected to be a high performer otherwise you won't be there long.

Cons

The service department was having a rough go of it. High turnover and definitely not enough staff to get their jobs done timely. "The individual must be respected" is part of the philosophy. Upper management did not always see it that way.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sales

Dec 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are like a family

Cons

Regardless of what level the issue is but upper management managing by metrics instead of results is destroying the brand.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Generalist

Milgard started as a family business and we enjoy hearing that people still view their co-workers as family members – this illustrates our cultural belief of Valuing People! Milgard has always taken great pride in providing exceptional customer service to all of our customers. We have a dedicated team that is focused on soliciting feedback from our customers to determine their interests and wants around our products. We value our customers’ input and depend on it to aid us in continuing to grow and excel. And we thank you, as well, for talking to us about your own observations. We’re listening! And we value your input!

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

More than small problems.

Oct 20, 2018 - Warehouse Associate in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Health benefits are good Steady Paycheck Good people to work with

Cons

Far away from corporate headquarters. Denver (actually in Aurora, but tags as Denver) is very much "out of site out of mind" it seems to corporate. Emergency situations (a manager quits and somebody needs to fill the position immediately), or the quarterly "planned visit" are the only time we see anybody from corporate. Anytime we need anything (more people hired, an employee deserves a raise outside of the once a year (sometimes) "raise day", positions created, anything that is more than buying the small materials we need, has to be approved through corporate. However, corporate isn't around to see the need, so everything needed takes forever to get (rarely) approved. High turnover throughout. From entry level positions, through management. I have seen at least 3 different "GM's", 3 different Finance Managers (soon to be 4), 4 different production managers, easily 15+ production supervisors, 25+ Production line Leads, and hundreds (I would venture to say into a thousand, but I don't have supporting information) of production floor employees come and go. I haven't been here 10 years yet. This shows a TON of upper management (corporate) instability. People generally don't quit their job, they quit their manager. However, there are no stable managers, as every 2 years its somebody new coming in to prove themselves and change everything again. - Very hard on the people to do this again and again. Most of the seasoned employees lose respect for the management positions, because this new guy is just going to be gone in a little while like all the others. Lack of opportunity for advancement. Milgard Denver has periodically attempted to do employee training and furthering, but gives up on it quickly. From the "Learning to Lead" program that taught employees some of the skills to lead production teams, to the "Bridge Program" that gave some higher "Lean" teaching to Supervisors and Leads, they do nothing now, giving up on them because they don't have the time or resources to dedicate to furthering employees. In the years I have worked for Milgard Denver, I have only seen 2 employees (Both of which are indirect labor/office employees) receive actual promotions. Denver will promote an employee to "Production Lead" pretty quickly and easily, that's just a small pay raise with the expectation that you make sure your department performs. Nothing to write home about considering the responsibility put in your lap for the pay increase. Every other position above production lead (salary starts above production lead) is hired from outside, not promoted from within. To put it simply, this means that if you weren't hired as a supervisor or higher, you will never advance to supervisor or higher. This is especially harmful to moral when a supervisor or manager leaves the company (and they do it often), and it falls onto the "lower in the chain of command" employees to pick up the slack and keep things running, to take care of the customers and company. Employees that aspire for more, will jump in and do the extra work, but are never credited or promoted. Milgard will hire somebody from the outside again, who will have to learn the processes, and will leave the company in less than 2 years, and the circle begins again. - Dead End Job means you can't advance, Milgard Denver is a dead end job for anybody that wants advancements opportunities. Cost of Living - Doesn't match pay rate. Colorado has been booming over the last several years (Good thing) and the cost of living has increased, but the pay rate at Milgard Denver has not increased to match. Other companies in the area offer better pay, so we lose good employees to higher paying companies. It also makes it harder to find good employees for the lower pay rate, contributing to our very high turnover rate. This in turn contributes to quality issues, difficulty in hitting UPEH goals, and having to work long hours to get the jobs done. All contributing to cost of business.

Senior Manager, Talent Development

Thank you for your feedback, and for all you accomplished during your time at Milgard. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart for future improvements. Thank you for sharing and we wish you all the best.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Production Supervisor

Jan 12, 2016 - Production Supervisor/Plant Superintendent in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, pay, location, benefits

Cons

Long hours, some upper management issues,

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Once was good now is a nightmare

May 7, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees on the floor is the best asset of the company, management has no respect for them but they endure and take of each other the best they can.

Cons

Excessive stress put on employees from the upper management. GM is very unethical and culture will suck the life out of you. Was in high position and was witness to the disrespectful and unethical decisions made to their employees behind closed doors - each Monday actually. Avoid this company unless white and Mormon. This is true and easily verified by anyone who has or is working there.

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Poor Management

Jan 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company cares about employees, good product knowledge classes and team building

Cons

Local upper management letting personal feelings guide their decision making

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Beware

Nov 20, 2016 - Manager in Temecula, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Toxic environment. Staff turnover is incredibly high. Any criticism of upper management becomes grounds for termination.

HR Generalist

We completely agree with you - "fear is not a very good motivator." As the Milgard philosophy states, as a company we strive everyday to respect each and every individual within our business. Thank you for providing this insight in regards to our Temecula plant, we will most definitely be passing along this information to Senior Management to ensure no one else has this same experience.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee

Sales

Mar 3, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Full time, benefits, 401k, paid holidays

Cons

Horrible management, super political, upper management plays favorites, pay isn't great

1 person found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like there are some things that are truly bothering you, we would encourage you to utilize the Open Door Policy to express your frustrations and concerns to your supervisor or HR team.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews