Millcreek Community Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 18 reviews

2.7
Millcreek Community Hospital CEO Mary L. Eckert
Mary L. Eckert
  1. "Feels like the good old days before huge conglomerate hospital corporations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I have been working at Millcreek Community Hospital

Pros

Parking is great. The people in HR are nice...all the time. Housekeeping does a good job keeping the place looking clean and neat. The cafeteria is cheap and the food is good. The food service employees are always nice. They hire real police for security and they are pleasant and visable, not hiding in a room just watching security camera tv. All the departments are small enough that it's easy to get to know at least...

Cons

Middle management could use more help, many seem stretched thin. Pay is biweekly. Some things are not the latest and greatest technology wise but do the job just the same.

Millcreek Community Hospital2017-11-27
  2. "Patient Account analyst"

I worked at Millcreek Community Hospital full-time

Pros

They provide nice benefits for all full time employees

Cons

Management, difficult to move up within departments

Millcreek Community Hospital2018-05-20
  3. "Difficult doctors to work with"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Erie, PA

I worked at Millcreek Community Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smaller Hospitol better for department and co workers

Cons

Difficult to work with surgeons lack of equipment

Advice to Management

Better schedule s

Millcreek Community Hospital2017-08-04
  4. "Review"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Millcreek Community Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

12 hour shifts, great coworkers

Cons

Low pay and frequent schedule changes

Millcreek Community Hospital2017-04-03
  5. "Medical Transcriptionist"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Erie, PA

I worked at Millcreek Community Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent benefits and retirement plan, small hospital. Hospital census mostly psychiatric and detox. Lots of outpatient surgery. Being small in size keeps it friendly and cozy maybe. Part of the largest census medical school in the country, LECOM (Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Cons

Too many chiefs, people in charge or overseeing not qualified; being small if you know someone you can get what you want. Sometimes tough getting vacation you want. Not much room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Get qualified people to manage, you don't use people from other dept to manage

Millcreek Community Hospital2016-11-05
  6. "Unfair practices by unit management and HR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I worked at Millcreek Community Hospital for more than 8 years

Pros

Most coworkers were very friendly.

Cons

the hardest working ppl get the least amount of pay and are generally treated poorly by other coworkers because of job status. MCH is the only place I have ever worked where people talk about you behind your back constantly about things that are nobody else's business. Some managers are very unprofessional by doing this in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I wonder if Mary (CEO) is aware of this problem with management? It seems that she is not because she is a woman of integrity and respect for others as well as the Ferretti's. I often think about letting them all know what kind of people they're allowing run their hospitals reputation into the ground.

Millcreek Community Hospital2016-11-30
  7. "Worst job"

I have been working at Millcreek Community Hospital full-time

Pros

The only thing that was nice is my time was flexible.

Cons

Overworked due to combining two positions into one. Heavy work flow. No appreciation for working over to try to keep afloat with the work. Micromanaged by upper management. Manager didnt want to be bothered with questions or concerns. Basically just held the title & had an office. Alot of hospital staff were not very nice to work. Just a very cold atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like a person not another number. Appreciate what they do & provide positive feedback instead of all the negatives.

Millcreek Community Hospital2016-07-30
  8. "Work is what you make of it such as everything in life"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Millcreek Community Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love the people that I work with, the patients, our docs are the best. It is a small hospital everyone knows everyone else. The CEO is always out and walks the halls and she knows everyone's name. Many perks, free coffee, free lunch on weekends and holidays. 403B program, Insurance is great and if you use an MAE physician everyone in your family can see a doc for free.

Cons

Negative attitude from staff who are extremely spoiled and they all feel entitled. It is appalling to think that nurses should only work Monday thru Friday no weekends, no holidays. We are 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. Come to work and don't complain.

Advice to Management

Encourage nurses to attend seminars, pay for seminars and provide some at the hospital for us

Millcreek Community Hospital2016-02-08
  9. "Good first year"

I have been working at Millcreek Community Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

my manager and co-workers -- Availability of manager and top management -- the CEO walks around -- able to talk to her. Only local control hospital in Erie --

Cons

There could be greater communication Some co-workers are not up to standards, but they have been working on this

Advice to Management

there needs to be better training, but on the whole this is good place to work

Millcreek Community Hospital2015-11-09
  10. "Horrible Upper Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I have been working at Millcreek Community Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love the people I work with.

Cons

Horrible wages. Embarrassing raises. Never any staff. Upper management Does not care about the employees and voices that. They do not care about your family life or illnesses.

Millcreek Community Hospital2015-09-28