Millennium Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ronald A. Rittenmeyer

Pros
  • A great place to work if you are willing to work and appreciate the great people, benefits, opportunity and purpose of this company (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits if you can meet your deductible (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The Upper Management team has been a sticking point for awhile (in 8 reviews)

• long hours, lack of support, data entry workers treated horribly, high turn over rate, (in 4 reviews)

"Good experience and still happily employed"

Current Employee - CSRM/Data Entry in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I moved from out of town a little over 1 year ago and had the chance to work in a position that allowed me to work with different departments. I was exposed to so many different people early on and quickly realized that in order to succeed here you must be positive and friendly as well as determined and dedicated. The owner of the company has been so kind, even in a company of hundreds of employees. Management is supportive if you are willing to work hard and communicate honestly and openly. The pay is very fair and if you prove to be a valuable employee they will reward you. The health benefits are amazing and much better than any company I have worked for before (100% paid for). The company has doubled in size since I started and that's very encouraging. Overall I am very happy.

Cons

There are a lot of young employees in some departments and they may not see the potential with the company at first. Some negative personalities but that's expected in a company of this size. Very strict with tattoos and piercings but understandable considering the number of oustide business visitors.

"The best job, greatest people and most amazing place I could have ever imagined to find"

Current Employee - CSRM/Data Entry in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While working at Millennium I have met some of the smartest, well-deserving, hard-working, genuine people that I never believe existed anymore. The company and its upper management truly care about the employees, the patients they are trying to help, and making sure the doctors receive the most accurate information to make decisions.

The company cares about doing good in the community, developed the WakeUp! campaign to educate teens on the dangers of misusing and abusing of prescription drugs, continually develop new methods of providing better patient care, pain medication, and monitoring.

The benefits are by far better than I have seen at any company, and there is unlimited potential growth if you work hard and take the initiative to help others. Millennium is by far one of the best companies I know because they are truly genuine and care about patients in pain.

Cons

The only con to working at Millennium is that the parking lot is a little small, other than that I couldn't be happier with the company, what they stand for and who they are.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The support you show to everyone from the newest employee on their first day to the employee who was with the company since day 1 truly amazes me. The advances made in technology every day, allow for better pain monitoring and patient care. Keep up the good work!

"Millennium Lab Collector"

Former Employee - Laboratory Service Assistant - Collector in Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Laboratory Service Assistant - Collector in Muncie, IN

I worked at Millennium Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great supervisor! Loved the schedule. Enjoyed meeting clients when collecting their specimen. Pay was fine. Was hoping to advance further, perhaps.

Cons

Struggled to stay busy. An issue that could be resolved

Advice to Management

I would love to work for you again! I am willing to work in either Eastern Ohio or Indiana. I am currently working at Walmart in Portland, Indiana. Very nice co-workers and managers. But Millenium made me the happiest. I had a regular schedule that was easy to adjust to for after-work activities.

4. "Customer Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

Pros

Supportive and encouraging upper management like nowhere I've ever been
    Changing lives day by day

Cons

Millennium has no cons, best ever.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"What a turn around in culture!"

Current Employee - Billing Department
    Current Employee - Billing Department

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time

Pros

It's an exciting time to be in the Billing Department right now!
    Organization is committed to process improvements and reducing re-work
    Team driven process improvement discussions - everyone has a voice
    New VP of Revenue Cycle has improved the culture into a fantastic place to work
    Managers/Supervisors are empowered to run their respective departments, resulting in happier employees

Cons

Sales has too much input on collection/billing practices

Advice to Management

Great choice in new leadership! I see nothing but clear skies and rainbows in the future.

6. "Never looked back"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Limitless opportunity. Recognized and compensated for hard work. Culture is unlike any other.

Cons

The only con is that I didn't start working with Millennium Health sooner.

"Growth, Career Expansion, Good Culture and overall feeling of daily satisfaction and productivity."

Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Pros

- Upper management is approachable, and willing to work with you to make your day to day work life as best as it can be.
    - they have monthly 'events' where they feed everyone, there's music (Live harpists, live DJs etc.) and always go out of the way to have "Employee Appreciation Days" (=Free lunch and a break!).
    - Salaries are competitive
    - For full time, salaried employees, time is super flexible, my boss is amazing at understanding that we are all human.
    - Executives have consistent meetings where they address concerns and want to become 'the best place to work at in San Diego'. They are diligently working to make volunteer turnover decrease.
    - Did I mention they pay for ALL your benefits? Yeah, they don't take a single dollar from your check to pay your benefits, and they also give you ~$100 per month for your HSA. Oh! And they contribute to your 401K even if you don't. Boom.

Cons

- People complaning (I know a couple) were either terminated for incompetency after being here since the beginning of the company and not being able to adapt to the growth and change of the company going from 60 employees to 600.
    - The company grew SO QUICKLY it has a ton of growing pains, like any other organization, there's constant change, so I definitely don't recommend this company to someone who is used to doing the same thing over and over, and someone who isn't open to change, and consistent efforts to make your everyday more efficient.
    - Although Mr. Slattery is no longer on campus all the time, he is still very involved in creating the familiar feel of the company, and the executives are well aware of this.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! It's been an adjustment period for everyone, but overall, the changes are for the good of the whole, and there's bound to be some outsiders that aren't flexible, or adaptable enough to grow with Millennium.
    Executives came in as little as a year ago, and with new blood, there's always old blood that doesn't like the change, those are the employees that (in my opinion) keep complaining that they are 'replaceable'
    Dude: Make yourself irreplaceable at your job by doing it well.

8. "Great company to work for!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Casual Atmosphere, family oriented, treat the employees extremely well, caring for each individuals well being, work life balance, great work environment, great people

Cons

Since I have to write something in this box I will reach to find a con and say that parking can sometimes be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing for your employees!!!

"Clinical Laboratory Technician"

I worked at Millennium Health full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, fun to work with, good benefits, major growth, not too much turnover, a lot of free food for birthdays or other events

Cons

sometimes management is out of touch and they don't really know what is happening in certain departments. power trips from some supervisors.

Advice to Management

get in touch with your employees so you know what's going on. be nice and don't make yourself so feared, but don't be too chummy.

10. "Sr. sales rep"

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

$if you make it $$$$$$

Cons

No balance, Work work work.