Millennium Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Millennium Health Reviews

Updated June 16, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • A great place to work if you are willing to work and appreciate the great people, benefits, opportunity and purpose of this company (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits if you can meet your deductible (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The Upper Management team has been a sticking point for awhile (in 8 reviews)

• long hours, lack of support, data entry workers treated horribly, high turn over rate, (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great People to work with."

Former Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Millennium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Employee incentives. Good pay for good employee reviews.

Cons

No place to work when you get to work.

"Company with too much politics and departmental biases!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be a good company to work for 4 years ago where the management was compassionate

Cons

Upper management leaders are in it for their own agenda and growth. Some of the C-level leaders are not able to appreciate the hard work and timeliness of the product from their employees' and only talk down to them and destroy the employees' self-esteem. Differential treatment in and outside of the departments and visible.
    Employees "let go" in a biased manner with no changes in some "favorites" departments: Sales, Clinial, Operations, Rand D! No raises, bonuses for several years and frequent promotions only to the "chosen" ones

Advice to Management

From the CEO ans the top, have a vision. Share it with the employees' so they feel part of it. There have been no company , departmental or individual goals set in years and the expectations of the COO, CFO, CCO and CMO of their departmental personnel are unfair as they are not measurable. Random decisions made with no logic!

"honest and to the point"

Former Employee - Medical Biller in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Biller in San Diego, CA

I worked at Millennium Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a good place to get trained,

Cons

there is a very high turn over rate, and to many changes within company.

Advice to Management

need to be all on the same page with company procedures

"Just don't"

Former Employee - Lsa in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Lsa in Akron, OH

I worked at Millennium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid. I really can't think of anything else that I would consider a "pro" to working here. That's really it.

Cons

No one in management knows what is going on at any given time. You will have a bunch of people in management telling you different things and none of them know what the other is doing. Turn over is high for a reason. Avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

Talk to each other and your employees so everyone knows what is going on and what to expect.

5. "Millennium Healthcare"

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Union City, GA
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Union City, GA

I have been working at Millennium Health (More than a year)

Pros

Millennium great place to work for. Any employees I have encounter are always very nice and ready to help. Communication is getting better within company.

Cons

You do not get many hours. If you don't like to travel this will be a problem for you because if you want more hours you will have to travel to more than one location to get them. Haven't got a raise yet.

"Hard work and agility will always payoff!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health (More than 5 years)

Pros

Slackers will not succeed. A great place to work if you are willing to work and appreciate the great people, benefits, opportunity and purpose of this company. Great management that recognizes hard work and those who are flexible to the business needs. Patients are why we do what we do! A paycheck is always important but should never be the driver to a good work ethic, it will always catch up with you! Yes the company has had ups and downs but so has alot of others! It's the agile employees who succeed here!

Cons

Agility and patience is a must which makes this company not a fit for all. Should consider an incentive program to help retain top talent.

Advice to Management

Continue Communicating and showing appreciation for the employee. You have some true stars, if treated with respect and given recognition they will always remain loyal to Millennium! Lets keep it a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

"What do you have to bring to the table?"

Current Employee - Millennium Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Millennium Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

The MH mission to help patients in pain get on the right track to recovery is the biggest pro aside from the 'perks' of the job. We all need money, but with Millennium, I've found purpose within this industry. I'm constantly challenged by my management with each new policy or 'lean' project and my supervisor keeps me engaged. I come to work knowing that I am adding value to somebody's livelihood - my supervisors and manager likes to remind our team of that every day. MH is working hard to recover from the trials laid out before us in recent months and I can understand the hardships of providing the options for raises or promotions.

At this point in time, the one thing I appreciate is the fact that they haven't changed our benefit plan as a means to cut costs (at the employees expense) for the company.

Cons

Just like any job, pay will be an issue and promotions will be an issue - but in the end, it's really what you want to bring to the table. I've seen some my peers start out as part-time, entry level employees alongside myself. They received promotions into the testing labs. The ones who really wanted to work hard for it are now currently working towards a CLS license, a few of them have already obtained their license as well. On the flipside, I have also seen employees try to go to competitors only to try and find a way back in to MH; because the culture was nothing like ours.

Basically, you get what you put into your job. If you work hard, the rewards will follow. It may not be tomorrow, it may not be within a year but it's there if you're humble and persistent. You have to make yourself viable in order to thrive within any company; unfortunately some simply expect more for just being here. Tenure is one thing, but the quality of work you put into those years is what will set you apart from the competition, internally or externally.

If I were to have a clear 'con' to the job, it's hearing all of the complaints from employees at all levels (the minority) only looking to fulfill their personal agendas rather than balancing out the needs of a business along with their own need to survive. Pain doesn't take holidays off. Pain doesn't happen Monday-Friday either. Our operations reflect the needs of our patients along with our ability for fulfill our obligations as a service to them. Why should we compromise that for selfish needs? Why should we give in to complainers who don't want to see our company become the best in what we do?

We all have lives, we all have mouths to feed, and we all need money - that's why we work. Sadly, it seems like some of our workforce has lost sight of what we are aiming to achieve as a company, and that is our patients who need our help.

The negativity affects my morale time to time but I don't let that get in the way of the big picture. Luckily there are others within the company that understand why we do what we do. Things can only get better if we continue to stay strong as a team at all levels. The people who are quick to speak ill of our values are often the ones who fail to follow them in the first place; hence why most of the bad reviews come from 'former employees'.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay engaged with your staff, listen to our needs and concerns and provide some plan of action to fix it. Continue to be honest with us. Challenge us with our opportunities and praise our successes. Keep being our voice to the executives. Don't forget where you came from.

"Millennium Health"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Hendersonville, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Hendersonville, TN

I have been working at Millennium Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales force has highly motivated people and the culture breads top notch performers. Highly positive environment focused on results.Great first or second job for someone trying to kick start their sales career.

Cons

Company is now owned by the banks. Company goals are dictated by the banks and are unattainable and may lead to more restructuring at the end of the year. This could lead to another downsizing.

9. "Overall Good Experience"

Current Employee - Laboratory Procurement Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Procurement Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the atmosphere and interactions with coworkers.

Cons

Some past mistakes regarding product pricing has created pressure to implement cost savings. Cost savings should have been a priority from the beginning.

Advice to Management

My immediate managers and supervisors are actually great.

10. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Medical Biller II in San Diego, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Biller II in San Diego, TX

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, forgiving audits, nice people. Nice work station, and casual work attire.

Cons

Only 2 10 minute breaks. Production numbers are a high standard (100+ a day)