Millennium Hotels and Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Buffalo, NY

Pros

People
    Opportunities for Advancement
    Pay
    Meeting new people/Guests

Cons

Increases are delayed
    Building needs renovation
    Mean Guests

Advice to Management

Make a decision

"Going downhill fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Located in time square
    Everything else is gone

Cons

Hotel is falling apart
    No stability
    3 GM & 2 President within one year
    Management by fear
    5 months late on paying incentives...is the compagny out of cash?

Advice to Management

Start caring about your staff before everyone leave...
    Contact Hotel Impossible they will help

"Difficult, low pay, poor work ethic"

Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good experience for young professionals as it is a difficult property.

Cons

Lack of professionalism overall; employees are treated very poorly with no appreciation.

Union is VERY difficult to work with.

Turnover for management is very high.

4. "Not enough work."

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Staff is nice and knowledgeable.

Cons

Not very organized regarding larger events.

Advice to Management

Need a team who can improve how guests view the hotel. I noticed that the rating for this hotel was ill favored.

"Millennium Biltmore revolving door"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

They are finally starting to renovate the hotel a little now that most all of the other four star hotels in downtown Los Angeles have been completed renovated or have just been built within the last few years. A lot of line level employees have been here for many years and really care about the hotel. However, many are not very happy but can not afford to leave. The hotel lobby and banquet rooms are beautiful.

Cons

The owners do not seem to care very much about the managers. Their have been five general mangers in the last five years and in the sales department where I work, we have had five different directors of sales in the last four years. so many managers come and go in six months to a year. I have been at the hotel for three years and have accepted a new job and will be leaving soon. I feel sorry for our new Sales Director - he works so hard and is not appreciated. We have not had a general manger for five months now and the owners don't seem to care very much.

Advice to Management

I am not very sure that they will listen. We have lost so much business in the last year compared to the other hotels in L.A. Groups and meeting planners do not like the hotel any more do to the fact that management changes happen every six months and the hotel guest rooms are in dire need of renovation. The staff moral is very poor

6. "Easy job with handful of drama and incompetent coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

You will easily be recognized as an expert due to the fact that majority of the employees are below average in terms of performance and knowledge.

Cons

Complete lack of appreciation for employees. Senior management's expectancies are very high with very low salaries and poor benefits.

Company budget is very tight and purchasing is a big challenge as majority of your purchase request above the forecasted budget will be denied.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of the concept of proper investment and learn how to appreciate your employees and 'work with' them, not 'rule over' them.

"Never Changes"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Name looks good on resume (one of only two certified conference center hotels in NYC). Yep, that's about all.

Cons

I worked @ MB a looong time ago - ten yrs, but after reading the post from another sales asst in 2010 I had to post a review bc it seems NOTHING CHANGES. I had the EXACT SAME experience as the sales assistant did ten yrs later - absolutely no training and when you, of course, begin drowning bc you don't even know how the computer system works and are expected to pump out tons of contracts and proposals daily, they huff and puff and then have you pull up a chair behind someone who's just as slammed and clearly annoyed at being watched. Nice.

The best is that after about six weeks they forced me to attend "training" for an entire day - on office safety. Yes, you sit there watching videos on how to properly pick up and put down a box knowing that you're going to have to stay late every day for the next week bc you still don't have any idea how the computer system works and will have dozens of proposals to get out.

I too zoomed out of there in five mths (shortest stay I've ever had @ a job). Apparently this is simply the way it is @ the ol' MB, it's not just a bad set of circumstances.

Advice to Management

No advice - they've been doing this for at least ten yrs if not longer, they clearly do not care.

8. "restaurant server"

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time

Pros

great hotel location good team players

Cons

old hotel in need of renovation

Advice to Management

spend more time in the restaurant delegating duties

9. "Whats happening here...who knows?"

Current Employee - Mid Manager
    Current Employee - Mid Manager

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its paying the bills until we find a new job. Benefits almost average.

Cons

Huge loss of people at all levels including corp. office and seemingly no plan for stabilizing or turning the company around...they've been working at it for the almost 2 years I've been here and nothing changes. Hotel is broken down with no relief in sight.

Advice to Management

Top management out of touch...no F&B leadership, manage by fear, minimal input from hotels. Stop worrying so much about China/Singapore and visit the poorly maintained hotels. Locate a president who might consider staying more than 12 months.

10. "Millennium Hotels...."

Pros

Unintentional amount of flexibility available if you're good at your job. This is due to severe lack of structure on a property level and inconsistent/unorganized efforts from corporate office.

Benefits are pretty good-health, dental, 401k,vision, vacation, sick time

Cons

Pay is not competitive-raises are inconsistent at best. No bonus structure, no incentives.
    Zero structure in place - many in stateside corporate office do not appear to talk with each other. This is magnified during tours of property where many requests/demands overlap multiple managers.
    Statesidemanagement is a revolving door, properties across the country suffer from low morale.

Corporate management seem to ignore operational issues/challenges facing individual properties. Possibly because they lack operational expertise themselves?

Zero corporate culture with a non existent level of employee appreciation. Line level employees are trash. Good service requires good people, good people are not free--no effort put into retaining top talent. Multiple senior level managers have left recently; decades of experience have left the building over the last year--without so much as a call or a re examination of priorities?

Advice to Management

You are slowly renovating US collection (GOOD!), interference from Asia disables ability to conduct regular daily business--things were not broken until recent micromanaging push. Acquire/retain top talent and let us work for you!
    Good service isn't free--re examine pay scale for lower level management and line level staff. Top $$ required for top talent--the employment pool is tightening severely; you'll need to compete or step aside.