Millennium Hotels and Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Tan Kian Seng

"Never Changes"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Name looks good on resume (one of only two certified conference center hotels in NYC). Yep, that's about all.

Cons

I worked @ MB a looong time ago - ten yrs, but after reading the post from another sales asst in 2010 I had to post a review bc it seems NOTHING CHANGES. I had the EXACT SAME experience as the sales assistant did ten yrs later - absolutely no training and when you, of course, begin drowning bc you don't even know how the computer system works and are expected to pump out tons of contracts and proposals daily, they huff and puff and then have you pull up a chair behind someone who's just as slammed and clearly annoyed at being watched. Nice.

The best is that after about six weeks they forced me to attend "training" for an entire day - on office safety. Yes, you sit there watching videos on how to properly pick up and put down a box knowing that you're going to have to stay late every day for the next week bc you still don't have any idea how the computer system works and will have dozens of proposals to get out.

I too zoomed out of there in five mths (shortest stay I've ever had @ a job). Apparently this is simply the way it is @ the ol' MB, it's not just a bad set of circumstances.

Advice to Management

No advice - they've been doing this for at least ten yrs if not longer, they clearly do not care.

2. "Easy job with handful of drama and incompetent coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

You will easily be recognized as an expert due to the fact that majority of the employees are below average in terms of performance and knowledge.

Cons

Complete lack of appreciation for employees. Senior management's expectancies are very high with very low salaries and poor benefits.

Company budget is very tight and purchasing is a big challenge as majority of your purchase request above the forecasted budget will be denied.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of the concept of proper investment and learn how to appreciate your employees and 'work with' them, not 'rule over' them.

"Difficult, low pay, poor work ethic"

Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good experience for young professionals as it is a difficult property.

Cons

Lack of professionalism overall; employees are treated very poorly with no appreciation.

Union is VERY difficult to work with.

Turnover for management is very high.

5. "Former Employee"

Pros

Senior Management in Colorado looks out for employees.

Cons

Singapore ownership is very biased. Makes discretionary (negative) adjustments to bonus awards.

"Stay away!!! Do not even consider working here at any level!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people in the Colorado office are great, hardworking employees. Pay is about average.

Cons

Management/Ownership is the worst I have ever experiences in my long career. The Asian direction & Philosophy is terrible, even to the point of disgusting. Nepotism is in full form. Chinese family operated at top management level, with a few not knowing what they are doing, especially one person in particular who runs the show in the U.S. (the U.S. team knows who that person is).

Advice to Management

A good start would be to get rid of the one person mentioned in the "Cons" paragraph. Trust the U.S. team to take care of things in the U.S.

"Do not work at the hotel in Cincinnati, regardless of what they promise"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time

Pros

There has been a loyal staff for many years , but they too are dwindling very very fast

Cons

Everything, you think about a building and all the mechanics of an old building that had band aids out on it for years, you can only imagine what happens, everything busts, literally, and guess what you have to tell customers about it or try to relocate them. Then when you quit they will walk you and deprive you of your pay, even though there are no clients to take to a new company, oh an they may tell you that the job you are doing is no good too, and post your job and start hiring complete jerks because they can't find anyone else to work there, that's just at the local level. If you move on to a more regional or global level simply forget it, and why anyone continues to work for this company is baffling, but we all have our personal agendas and I get that, especially when you are close to retirement age.

8. "Whats happening here...who knows?"

Current Employee - Mid Manager
    Current Employee - Mid Manager

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its paying the bills until we find a new job. Benefits almost average.

Cons

Huge loss of people at all levels including corp. office and seemingly no plan for stabilizing or turning the company around...they've been working at it for the almost 2 years I've been here and nothing changes. Hotel is broken down with no relief in sight.

Advice to Management

Top management out of touch...no F&B leadership, manage by fear, minimal input from hotels. Stop worrying so much about China/Singapore and visit the poorly maintained hotels. Locate a president who might consider staying more than 12 months.

"Going downhill fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Located in time square
    Everything else is gone

Cons

Hotel is falling apart
    No stability
    3 GM & 2 President within one year
    Management by fear
    5 months late on paying incentives...is the compagny out of cash?

Advice to Management

Start caring about your staff before everyone leave...
    Contact Hotel Impossible they will help

"Manager"

I worked at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time

Pros

Other than co-workers there is nothing positive

Cons

Overseas based company - does not understand US Hotel operations & labor. One of worst managed companies in the industry. Very high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team

"Disorganized Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Good name to have on Resume

Cons

Sales dept. didn't have a proper training process so you're essentially asked to just go in and begin without knowing the software or booking/administrative procedures. After asking for guidance they'll begrudingly allow you to watch someone as they work. That doesn't exactly help as the person is insanely busy & wasn't informed that this would even be happening. Staff changes constantly. Thankfully I was out of there in seven mths. as were most of the ppl I started with.

Advice to Management

Train your staff.