Millennium Information Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, set own schedule (in 3 reviews)

• I have been with this company a little over 2 years and was just promoted to a full time employee position as an FQC from a Field Inspector (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The wear and tear on the vehicle is constant (in 4 reviews)

• The time that you will spend in the field and at home on the computer could never equal minimum wage (in 5 reviews)

1. "Field Manaer"

I have been working at Millennium Information Services full-time

Pros

great people to work with, good team atmosphere.

Cons

None at this time.

2. "Great way to make extra money, and still set your own schedule. I have been a field inspector for 5 years now."

Current Employee - Field Inspector in Safford, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Inspector in Safford, AZ

I have been working at Millennium Information Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Set your own time schedule. You can always ask for extra work in the surrounding areas. You basically run your own business being a contractor. Management has been excellent to work for.

Cons

Only con is certain times of the year can be a bit slow. However, there is sometimes work outside your area you can pickup.

Advice to Management

Sale the fact that as a contractor, your field inspectors are business owners, with all the tax benefits that comes with!!

3. "Great way to earn money on your own schedule!"

Current Employee - Inspector in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Inspector in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Millennium Information Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working as an inspector now for a little over a month, and I'm really enjoying it. I work at my own pace, and on a schedule that fits with my family and social life. Being constrained to a typical 9-5 job never worked for me and this has been a great way to make similar money without being stuck in an office. Doctor appointment, kid's soccer game, no problem. I never have to ask for time off. The training I received gave me the tools I needed, and I was out in the field right away.

Cons

It takes a little time to get the hang of the job, so you have to stick with it. But my manager has been really helpful, and the Help Desk option is there to make sure cases get done quickly.

Advice to Management

none

4. "Good job, great job, wonderful"

I have been working at Millennium Information Services full-time

Pros

Seemed like a good job, good pay

Cons

Not too many cons i can think of.

"horrible"

Former Employee - Contractor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Contractor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Millennium Information Services (More than a year)

Pros

There are none period horrible company

Cons

Working with and for Mike Lemperes

Advice to Management

Treat and pay your contractors better.

6. "Wonderful company to work for"

I have been working at Millennium Information Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a company who cares very much for their employees and independent contractors. I am a full time employee who has been here for almost 20 years, and in fact the majority of full time staff have been employed at least 10 or more years. Nobody leaves because this is a very professional and ethical company and everybody is like family. I am proud to be a part of this great organization..

Cons

Dealing with the public can be challenging at times, but that is really not the fault of Millennium; it's more the nature of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Millennium Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small, family owned company with flexible work hours.

Cons

Not enough support staff to handle the amount of work.

"Field inspector"

Current Employee - Field Inspector in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Field Inspector in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Millennium Information Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Create your own schedule. Monday -Friday.

Cons

First of all the mileage. Trying to get from house to house will do a number on your vehicle. No mileage reimbursement.

Second the pay. A basic inspection pays $9. After 3 inspections 4 hours of driving that doesn't cover time, gas, car insurance, and interactions with people who don't want you on their property. Let alone the possible danger of driving to a remote area alone. $18 simply doesn't cover basic vehicle expenses. Oh ya its a contract jobs you have to pay taxes on that $18. You also need to purchase your own equipment. Measuring wheel is $45, a GPS camera is about $200+, and a camera pole $15.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to increase for field inspectors.

9. "Quality Review Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I worked at Millennium Information Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone in the office is extremely friendly. The Quality Review Supervisors are very helpful and knowledgeable about the industry. Pay is very generous, and they often offer extra hours at time and a half or higher. They have annual parties that are always a blast.

Cons

There are not many cons. The industry can be a little dry at times.

"Independent Contractor - Field Inspector"

Former Employee - Field Inspector
    Former Employee - Field Inspector

I worked at Millennium Information Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

You make your own schedule and even that statement is used loosely.

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!! This is a company that wants to skirt the IRS by having you pay all the taxes on the income, BUT wants the benefit of using and abusing you as an employee. The company needs to realize they cannot have it both ways. For instance, time service is actually 21 days. They want it done in 15 days. Also, managers want schedules of when you are going to do things. Managers: the "how" and "when" independent contractors do things will get you in trouble with the IRS. Also, if you are unable to schedule appointments with insured, corporate will make the appointment for you. Corporate: what part of independent contractors vs employee do you not understand? Behavior of the company is very much that of employee but of course they want the tax benefit on an independent contractor. Also, you have to buy your own equipment. The latest and greatest is a $400 GPS camera to be used sparingly on $17.00 assignments. Why, when I can download an app on my cell phone for free but their program does not accept it. I suggest you get your IT people on it to find a solution that does allow GPS cell phone photos.

Advice to Management

There is going to come a point in time when your independent contractors are going wise up and notify the IRS. You will lose. I have tons of emails to support the term "employee" vs independent contractor. As for your IT department, did you really think it was wise to make a program that involves actually use of GPS camera vs. cell phone GPS pictures? As an IT person myself, I know there is a work around and suggest you stop being lazy and investigate. Managers: answer your darn emails/phone calls in a timely manner. It is a part of managing and it done very poorly.