Millennium Research Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Millennium Research Group Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2018

Found 39 reviews

Millennium Research Group CEO 	Jim Lang (no image)
Jim Lang

"Disconnect between vision and action. Morale has never been lower."

Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Millennium Research Group

Pros

* Young, energetic co-workers. * Great networking opportunities: the only upside of high turnover (see cons) is that you have an instant network of bright ex-colleagues who go on to much better things who you can approach for jobs.

Cons

* Low salaries: the company consistently breaks its sales records but this does not translate into higher pay for people who do all the hard work. * Disconnect between vision and action: the company talks a lot about becoming the experts in industry but this is only achievable by retaining staff who build up good knowledge of the medtech sector. The turnover is so high - 50% of analysts left last year - but the... management refuses to address the causes of high departure rates and those left behind have to clean up the mess and try to convince cautious clients they are experts. * Aggressive strategy: the senior managers set very ambitious growth targets for profit which we keep missing which is very demoralizing. This leads to cost cutting and lots of people who have been loyal to the company losing their jobs. Then morale sinks even lower.

Advice to Management

Putting charts all around the office showing how close we are to targets is not a way to motivate people. We want to hear that we are doing a good job and the work matters. I think people see everyone around them leaving after a year and feel that the work they are doing doesn't matter because the message is that people are replaceable.

Millennium Research Group2012-01-06
  2. "A good experience, possibilities to improve your capabilities in different areas"

Market Researcher in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Millennium Research Group

Pros

To meet really friendly people from all over the world / possibilty to work even if you're a new arrivant in Canada. reasonable charge of work....

Cons

Sometimes the job is done at the last moment, the coordination between different departments of the company could be improved

Millennium Research Group2011-11-03

"Good entry-level, not a place for long-term growth"

in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Millennium Research Group

Pros

Flexible hours for some positions; good location; well-managed building

Cons

Inadequate compensation; no room for growth; under-staffed; does not wish to invest in human resources

Advice to Management

Let go of people who cannot perform their jobs; open your eyes, see what is going on at production level

Millennium Research Group2011-10-03

"Young, friendly, outgoing, but underpaid analysts."

Market Research Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Millennium Research Group

Pros

The best reason to work at MRG is by far the people. Everyone gets along very well, and there are lots of social outings/activities, sporting events.

Cons

The employees are very talented and educated here, but they are also young, and not compensated properly for the quality and amount of work they do.

Millennium Research Group2011-04-30
  5. "Friendly culture, bright individuals and a great place to learn various skill sets."

in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Millennium Research Group

Pros

Room for growth Great culture Allows innovation Hires the best

Cons

It is a fast paced environment, with a lot of changes. If you want a laid back environment, then MRG may not be the best fit.

Millennium Research Group2011-05-08

"A good stepping stone, but not particularly rewarding."

Analyst in

I have been working at Millennium Research Group

Pros

Great benefits package Good work-life balance Generally colleagues are very nice Working hard to improve certain operational inefficiencies that make the job difficult

Cons

Pay is not ideal, could be 20-30% higher Limited opportunities to advance / work on the truly interesting projects Very little communication between departments

Advice to Management

There's a lot of talk about a culture of openness but in my experience it's all talk - I've never felt that I can actually approach management with concerns or ideas for improvement.

Millennium Research Group2011-01-07
  7. "Nice friendly environment, but not much prospect for growth."

I worked at Millennium Research Group

Pros

Steady job and centrally located location.

Cons

The work can get a little tedious at times.

Advice to Management

Make more of an effort to provide an environment for employees to get to know each other.

Millennium Research Group2010-12-17
  8. "Okay, relaxed placed to work. But not enough room for growth."

Researcher in

I worked at Millennium Research Group

Pros

Reasonable/Fair Pay for the duties of a researcher Very friendly staff Detailed company meetings inform all employees where the company stands Very Team oriented

Cons

No room for growth as a researcher Contract based employees tend to remain as contract based employees (rarely hired ft) Alot of annoying cold calling

Advice to Management

Not much advice, other than to show markettrack researchers the same bit of respect as other ft employees. Researchers are constantly hired from contract to contract when it would probably make mores sense to hire less researchers full time.

Millennium Research Group2010-05-27
  9. "Millennium Research Group is a great place to start your career."

I have been working at Millennium Research Group

Pros

The company is young so there is a very tight knit group of employees. Many of the people at Millennium Research Group have become friends outside of work. Because the company is young and there are many inexperienced people, there are many opportunities to gain experience in different areas. Management at the company treats the employees fairly and with respect

Cons

Because the company is on the smaller side, there is a lack of career advancement. While there are many opportunities to try your hand in different areas and gain experience in doing things you may not get to at other companies, career advancement is limited because the company is not very large. The salary at the company is not very high. For the amount of work that we do, I would want to have a higher salary.... This is somewhat offset by having the opportunity to gain experience in multiple areas.

Advice to Management

Keep treating the employees in a fair and respectful manner like they do now. It would be nice if there were more areas for career advancement in the company but with a small company it is understandable. Higher salary would help the company keep their best employees.

Millennium Research Group2009-05-20