Millennium Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anu Anand

1. "An Employer who cares"

Current Employee - Senior Instructional Systems Designer in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Instructional Systems Designer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Millennium Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees and show us respect. They have an annual family picnic. Their pay is competitive, PTO fair, and benefits are reasonably priced.

Cons

They do not match 401K contributions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Great Firm!"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Detroit, MI

Pros

I’ve been a millennium consultant for over 8 years. In every client engagement, I’ve found Anu and the team to be top notch. I value efficiency - I like working for firms that understand the importance of remaining nimble and elevating client needs above all else. Millennium let me do that. They were supportive when I needed them, but gave me complete control to execute as a professional in order to do what was best for my customers. I highly recommend this company!

Cons

I have no cons to share...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Not Ethical & Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Millennium Software (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired...When interviewing, the entire benefits package was explained, AND written documentation as to policies, procedures, benefit plans, etc. was provided.

Work/Life Balance - I pretty much worked 40 hours/week. CAVEAT - read the CONS

Cons

When interviewing, the entire benefits package was explained, AND written documentation as to policies, procedures, benefit plans, etc. was provided. HOWEVER, once onboarded, after eligible for 401K company contribution, they claimed no as I was a "monthly" paid employee. WHAT? The determining factor (also, as documented in their policy handbook and plan description) is Salaried (exempt) vs. Hourly (non-exempt), not frequency of pay. They refused to budge on their stance...WRONG! I was hired as a "Salaried - Exempt" employee (my employment agreement stated such)...the plan says 401k matching for Salaried Exempt employees. They refused! Then said I was monthly paid (again, wrong...they don't understand the difference between exempt/non-exempt, salary/hourly, and frequency of pay...they could pay me monthly...doesn't matter...or semi monthly...or semi annually...irrelevant). In addition, when discussing status (salary/exempt, etc.), they stated an expectation to their customer's is if greater than 40 hours is needed, must complete the job, no additional (ahem...overtime pay)...this is the very definition of Salaried, exempt (exempt from overtime laws) status...therefore, I must be eligible for 401k company contribution...NOPE! They're not bright about benefits. (BTW...I was a benefits administrator in a past life...first career).

When I left the company, and turned in my laptop (which actually belonged to the customer, but since the customer wasn't available at the time, I turned it in to MSI), they wanted me to provide the password to the system (supposedly so they could "inspect")...I told them NO. He became frustrated and mad...oh well...cry me a river.

During my exit interview with CEO & Owner (Anu Anand) said "you got what you wanted...a doorway to the customer". EXCUSE ME...the customer in-sourced and direct hired me. NOTE: before I accepted the position, I tried working with MSI recruiters and management, and they stated they could not provide an opportunity with equal pay & benefits as the customer...so I advised them I was going to interview for the direct hire position. Then, when I do, they accuse me of being the transitional employee, using them as a stepping stone. Again, cry me a river if you feel this way.

Lastly, in 95 percent of the instances, I did not receive a response to inquiries (HR, Pay, policy, etc.), unless I followed up, and in many instances, it took 2 follow-ups.

Yes...this is a good "filler" job; benefits are a little expensive, but they work.
    Compensation is fair...not generous...just fair (if you know how to negotiate).

Advice to Management

When your employees are at remote locations, it's imperative to have a strong communication channel; one that does not require follow-up.

When interviewing individuals, be upfront and ethical and fully explain properly, AND, update your benefit plans to accurately reflect what they entail. Don't use "our attorneys have reviewed and found them legal"...your attorneys were either wrong, or you're lying.

Lastly, Anu needs to release the reigns and let some ethical individuals run the company properly.

5. "IT Consultant"

Current Employee - Information Technology Services Provider Technology Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Millennium Software (More than a year)

Pros

Small company, friendly, reliable, trustworthy

Cons

Small company, low pay, low-end benefits

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "SAP Business Analyst"

I have been working at Millennium Software full-time

Pros

Very supportive and helpful staff

Cons

Not found any cons about this company

7. "Business Analyst"

Pros

Enabled me to work as a contractor in the Automotive Industry

Cons

There weren't any extensions available after the duration of the assignment

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Millennium Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am surprised to read the negative reviews and had a good experience here. I joined in Houston as a Junior recruiter in 2009 and graduated to Account Manager. The management is transparent and is not hierarchical and I got a lot of training. Most senior staff have been there for many years. I had access to anyone I need to, including the CEO. She is blunt, but she is honest. They provided me an opportunity to grow not just professionally but also personally, but they expected performance in return. Side note, but this is a good place for mothers. They let me work from home and kids are welcome in the office.

Cons

It is not a large company so for the in house team you are expected go beyond your job description. May not be for everyone.

9. "Great company to work and learn."

I worked at Millennium Software full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my position at the company. I interacted directly with the in-house staff on a daily basis and they are a great team to work with. The company was always very open with me and flexible. They’re always wanting you to better yourself and your career and give you ample opportunity to advance within the company, in any direction you choose. They are willing to teach you if you’re willing to learn! Over the years I formed many friendships and I feel this was valuable to my success as an individual.

Cons

None. The company is expanding their in-house team and the extra help is needed. The company is growing!

10. "Great Work!"

Pros

I was contacted by a Millennium representative right after I graduated from my MBA program for an opportunity to work with a Global Automotive Client in Southfield, MI. After reviewing my background and talking to me, they where able to see my potential to work for a world class leader in the automotive industry. Millennium worked with me in every step of the process, which I very much appreciate since I was not entirely familiar with. During the interview process they gave me advices, motivation, and room to ask any company/contract related questions. I am also grateful for always having the availability to attend my concers and questions I had throughout my working experience. They also gave me immediate feedback on my performance and they constantly asked the question of how where things going with me and my job.

Also, I never had issues when it came to payroll, Payed Time Off, Work Visa or any related issues. Because of my role with this Global Automotive Company, I had the need to travel 70% of my time. Millennium was extremely flexible with me by helping me get advanced payments to cover my expenses. This was a great relief for me since sometimes I had to cover almost three weeks worth of car rental and hotel expenses. They also gave me the facility of using Concur to report my travel expenses and where payed immediately after I submitted my reports. This showed me the commitment and understanding they had to make my job easier and for me to perform better.

I believe that I made really good relationships at Millennium, specially with Salinia Pringle and Sanjay Joshi who gave me the opportunity to develop myself professionally in the United States, and most importantly, they saw the person and professional that I am and stood in front of me with a global corporation.

Cons

During the time I worked at Millennium, I had no bad experiences.

11. "Great company"

Former Employee - Senior .NET Developer
    Former Employee - Senior .NET Developer

Pros

I worked as an IT consultant with Millennium Inc. for about 1.5 years. I'd no problems during my tenure with them - be it payroll wise or management wise. The staff was really cooperative and were very prompt in answering my queries. To quote an instance, the company I was working for as a contractor wanted to hire me as their full time employee - and upon me informing Millennium about this, they immediately agreed for it without any second thought. Since this required my H-1B visa transfer, Millennium happily held my H-1B visa until then.

In a nutshell:

- Friendly staff - they make you feel like you're one of their family members.
    - Commitment - they will for sure place you in another project, should you get rolled off from your existing/current project.
    - Relocation assistance is also provided.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!