Miller-Motte Technical College Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Erin Easton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great pay, makes a good starter job" (in 7 reviews)

• "Good pay, good benefits, great hours" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management doesn't care about their local management and how they are treated or feel as long as the numbers are met" (in 6 reviews)

• "They do not follow regulations by the Federal Government that are required for schools that accept federal financial aid" (in 5 reviews)

"Enjoyed teaching there"

Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Got to see students in town afterwards who had been successful and thanked me for what they learned as it helped in their jobs.
    Also had really good leadership at the school I taught at. It was like a second family.

Cons

Just the busy bureaucracy as it is a for profit college.
    Lack of equipment for some of the networking classes.

2. "Admissions Representative"

I have been working at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time

Pros

I love my coworkers and the culture here at Miller-Motte.

Cons

The pay should have been more

"Run Away"

Former Employee - Former Manager
    Former Employee - Former Manager

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, unless you are looking for extreme stress, poor health, and financial demise.

Cons

Everything! A for-profit corporation of ill repute manages this chain of schools. Be sure to checkout Ancora. The number of openings for positions currently available at Ancora speaks volumes about the turnover rate. Use them and lose them should be the company's motto, both for the people it hires and the students it enrolls.

Advice to Management

Stop posting jobs for Directors of Education, as if you even care about the education of the people from whom you are siphoning dollars. As one who knows, by prior experience, your Directors of Education are treated like scum, if they try to be ethical, responsible, and dedicated to the education of the enrolled students. Very few students have the capability to complete the program into which they were hoodwinked into applying for admission. Education is left holding the bag, trying to help students who have no capacity for success, and when they recommend those students who cannot succeed be dropped, educational administrators are fired.

4. "Former student review"

Pros

I was in the dental assisting program and I have nothing but good things to say about mrs. Nadar and Mrs. Fuse . They are amazing teachers and were always there to help you if amd when you needed it. Out of the other classes you had to take, psychology with Mrs. Frey was by far my most favorite. She really has a way with how she teaches and approaches what we were learning about and when doing assignments. Class was never boring and it made you look forward to hwr class.

Cons

The only thing that really bothered me when going here was during the time when I was in my quarter for radiology. The teacher was nice as a person but not one of us in my class felt the slightest bit prepared for the danb. The days we had set to review and study with her she ended up not showing up . It never felt as if she was really trying to teach us. None of us passed the danb. None of us felt we should have to pay to retake the test. We lacked a teacher to actually teach us. This teacher is no longer there now, but my class got the backlash. That is basically the only con. And she's no longer there now, so I suppose that con has been corrected. However, I will still always not be happy about that whole situation .

"Admission Representative"

Former Employee - Admission Representative in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Admission Representative in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Life balance was great. Felt like a small family. The goals and expectations were laid out. always gave advice on how to grow. Adam and Erin were great to work under

Cons

There were no pay increases.

"Adjunct Instructor"

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College part-time

Pros

Easy hiring process and minimal supervision

Cons

Students are not challenged or held accountable.

"Goods and Bads"

I have been working at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is decent and the staff is awesome

Cons

The business in general is a con. No raises are given....you have to deal with students more worried about getting a check than going to school.

Advice to Management

Give raises

"Great and horrible all in one"

Current Employee - Admissions in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Admissions in Macon, GA

I have been working at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, makes a good starter job. Good benefits, some holidays, they feed you. Its rewarding to meet different people and help them better their lives. Sharing excitement and guiding them is best part of job. If your appointments show up the day goes by fast. Job can be decent ONLY if you have good management.

Cons

Some days you feel like a telemarketer... Dial dial dial! They expect you to beat up the same leads over and over. If people say they're not interested you're expected to change their mind. You must love being on the phone and be sales-driven to enjoy this job! Poor management can spoil job quickly when they care more about sales than students.you're expected to hit a ridiculous goal every five weeks. Some students are pressured into buying. Instructors don't care about helping students and most students are unhappy at school. All other departments in school exclude admissions...we are the underdog and are blamed for everything. Must hit goals or your job will be threatened.

Advice to Management

STUDENTS FIRST. Treat admissions with respect, they have a million things to do and are blamed for everything. Academics and admissions should work together. You will have a more successful team if you let them leave the phone every now and then.

"Online Division was HORRIBLE"

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

some flexibility by working online....classes were pre built so you didn't have to do any set up

Cons

extremely disorganized...lost paperwork regularly and then threatened you if you didn't have the replacement paperwork to them immediately.....classes assigned based on favorites not seniority....no pay raises ever.....they expect you to pass a certain % of your students even though the students are not prepared....qualified adjuncts are having to teach the less qualified full time people what to do..constantly changing priorities....students are not learning the material in 5 week terms....seems like full time employees in AZ don't have phone numbers to give out only their personal cell phones....course assignments made based on who was meeting the ever changing company goals....new standard is to respond to student questions in 12 hours or less...

Advice to Management

value your adjuncts....don't just consider them an expendable army....care about educational quality and the debt you are loading on students....treat people with respect.....encourage people don't discourage them....the only time we heard from management was when we were doing something wrong.

"Caring staff"

Pros

Great staff and program directors really care about the students.

Cons

Work-life balance was not great. One weekly late night plus special event evenings.