Miller-Motte Technical College Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Working with the students, great co-workers who care about their jobs and the students (in 4 reviews)

• Great pay and a chance to help students (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Wear multiple hats and sometimes pull long hours (in 6 reviews)

• Job security based on pass rate of students (in 4 reviews)

"MMTC"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Madison, TN
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Madison, TN

I have been working at Miller-Motte Technical College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Educating individuals who are eager to learn

Cons

Administration, but new faculty and staff are better

"Job placement"

Former Employee - Former Student in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Former Student in Cary, NC

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teachers want to see their students succeed

Cons

They do help students get jobs but if the job doesn't work out they don't help students find another one.

Advice to Management

Helps students with job placement more because after 90 days students feel like they been lied too.

3. "Why not to recommend Miller-Motte"

Former Employee - Program Director in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Program Director in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There really isn't any pros

Cons

Not appreciated, over worked, under paid. Not a raise in 8 years.

Advice to Management

Take care of your valued employees instead of your dead beat employees and you might have a better school.

5. "I feel bad for all the students they are ripping off"

Current Employee - Certified Massage Therapist in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Certified Massage Therapist in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE. This "school" is nothing but scam artists bleeding students of money and teaching nothing and harassing them at every turn.

Cons

All about money and ripping off students.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified employees not random scam artists you pulled off the street.

"Program Director"

Former Employee - Program Director in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Program Director in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many of the other Program Directors and Instructors were well-intentioned and hard working.

Cons

Administration, both on-site and corporate were only interested in maximizing short term profitability. They did not care what was best for the students or even the long term reputation and viability of the school.

Advice to Management

Stop skirting the law.

"Great place to get experience in the classroom."

Current Employee - Instructor in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Miller-Motte Technical College (Less than a year)

Pros

Most so the students are fantastic, co-workers, outstanding, and Program Directors put in 120%. Great starter job for teachers, or teachers that want some extra money.

Cons

Instructors are expected to do almost more administrative work than preparing for classes, this "work" changes on a term to term bases, so you can not stay ahead. The administration has no idea what goes on in the class room, most of the time believing a student's grievance and never following up with the instructor. Being a for-profit institution, corporate really has no connection between their offices and what's really going on, on individual campus's. the school brags about small classes and hands on experience, this has not been my experience.

Advice to Management

Get to really know your staff. In addition to of criticizing Instructors for not attending bi-quarterly in-service employee meeting with threats, why not recognize those that have religiously attended. Dress up as a student and see what happens in some problem areas, such as the class room, lack of daily performance of technical equipment and student attendance.

"Not a real college"

Former Employee - Teacher in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Augusta, GA

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were many good students at MMTC.

Cons

Retention was the byword. Management wanted to keep the students in class even when the students did not attend, did not do the work, and were not college material in general. I was told, "Many of these students are more on the high school level, and that is how they need to be graded."

Advice to Management

If you want Miller Motte to be taken seriously the students have to be treated like college students.

"Not horrible, could be better"

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Miller-Motte Technical College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have autonomy to teach the way I like to teach. I enjoy the students from diverse backgrounds. It adds to class discussion and perspective.

Cons

You are not paid for time spent out of class preparing for class, creating exams and projects and grading tests and homework.

"Be careful"

Former Employee - Academics in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Academics in Columbus, GA

I worked at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The relationships you build with colleagues and how students make progress. Not much else

Cons

Academics is seen as unimportant or an afterthought at best. Pay is a little more than volunteerism but admissions get larger compensation although they have less responsibility and in most cases way less education. A Master's Degree gets less pay than an Associate's Degree. They pay the sales force great money and marginalize the people responsible for student retention and success. There is little money for Academics but other areas flourish.

Advice to Management

On day you will learn that educated staff costs money. Pay in accordance with education and experience as other jobs. Retention will never stay consistently high with cheap or low bid labor.

11. "Rewarding Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Miller-Motte Technical College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My favorite part of working at MMTC Charleston is the team I get to work with and the students that enroll. The faculty has real world experience, and the entire team truly cares about the success of the students. I have never seen people more dedicated to the mission. Our jobs offer us the rewarding experience of seeing a student meet their goals and get started in their new career. Throughout my 14 years here with this company, I have been promoted several times, but only through hard work. Upper management has been supportive and genuinely seem to care about the success of each student. I see great things in the future for this company.

Cons

If you are going to work here, the company is always trying to improve, so you must be able to adapt to change (so this is not really a con unless you are not willing to change). Each day a new challenge may present itself, so if you are not prepared to take on challenges this is not the place for you.