Miller & Milone, P.C. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 12, 2016

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christina G. Milone, Esq.

1. "Lots of opportunities to learn. Great benefits"

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Over the last three years, I had plenty of opportunities to learn new things about the firm and the healthcare industry. Miller & Milone has recently has a great team of managers and administrative people. I have more than one person I can see when I have questions. Benefits are good (vacation, holidays, 401k).

Cons

I witnessed a huge growth in overall company size, which brought with it a lot of structure and policies. I guess you have to have those in today's professional world so it's not really a con...

"This Firm continues to grow and provide annual increases"

Current Employee - General in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - General in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In a time when many companies are laying people off or simply not giving annual raises, during the time of my employment this company continues to give annual reviews with raises, has other nice perks like free coffee, paid lunch hours, birthday gifts, company logo type gifts at the annual meeting, pies at Thanksgiving, etc. I have had a great experience working at Miller & Milone.

Cons

I can think of no cons. The time off policies match pretty much what I have experienced prior to coming to Miller & Milone, there is a good leadership structure in place which continues to be refined and they pay me for my lunch hour - who does that?

"Great Place to Work at any Point in your Career"

Current Employee - Administrative in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Miller & Milone is a great place to work for a number of reasons: The environment is very nurturing. If you are a conscientious employee, management quickly spots your strengths and will give you opportunities to develop and grow. Every effort is made to enhance quality of life at the office. In fact, there is a committee created for that very purpose. There are also suggestions boxes in the lunchrooms and management sincerely tries to implement suggestions that are positive and feasible. The benefits are great and salary is on par with comparable companies on Long Island. I love it here and hope to grow with the company.

Cons

Benefits took a little while to kick in but even that has been modified. A few months ago, management shortened the waiting time for benefits to begin.

Advice to Management

Implement measures opportunities for staff development. This enlarges the talent pool and will result in greater loyalty to the company.

"A great company with great people. Perfect location, close to mall"

Pros

Co-workers are great and fun to be with. Everyone's always willing to help one another.
    Shortened summer Fridays are a great perk. Many events/contests/dress down days - makes everyone happy.
    Paid lunch hour! Overall, benefits package appears to be better than most places out there.
    Very nice building with cafeteria in area with many restaurants (and near mall!). Promotions or new responsibilities are available but you need to be willing to work hard for them.

Cons

Healthcare industry is very dynamic and we often need to adopt new rules, regulations and procedures very quickly. Not really a con, just a fact about industry that could make the job challenging (which actually keeps it interesting...)

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing and promoting the good talent within. Keep the communication trickling down to all employees. Keep the great family orientation that this place was built on.

6. "Very rewarding"

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Miller and Milone for over 13 years and it was by far the best work experience of my life. I always had input and got great feedback and support from management both before I was a part of management and after I became a part of management. Throughout my tenure at Miller and Milone there was a definite feeling of family.

Cons

The only Con I an think of was that my position with Miller and Milone was much more then an 8 hour day but in fairness no one ever asked or expected I do anything after hours.

Advice to Management

I have been away from the company for 5 years so I would not be able to add any advice for Management.

"Discharge Planner"

Former Employee - Discharge Planner in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Discharge Planner in Garden City, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate staff was great.
    My co workers were fabulous.
    Amazing people to work with.
    EEE committee put together great activities with lots of food.

Love that they do adopt a grandparent during the holidays.

Cons

Having a "leader" who has ADHD, and can't concentrate on her work until the pressure is on then blames others for her failures. Someone who is weak and not competent enough to speak to others with respect despite their position. A "leader" who is dismissive of your thoughts and opinions even though you know how to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Employees strive when appreciated.

"Decent entry-level gig for someone without many specialized skills"

Former Employee - Insurance Appeal Writer in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Insurance Appeal Writer in Garden City, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is relatively easy so long as you can write well. Ample parking. Mostly nice people. Clean and well-kept. Pretty good pay considering the level of skill required is not very high. Hourly pay, so you never take work home and get paid on the rare occasions when overtime is necessary.

Cons

Very limited opportunities for advancement. Extremely boring and tedious work. Talking and socializing is discouraged; the office can be too quiet. Benefits and time off are nothing to write home about.

Advice to Management

Figure out some way to liven up the office and make the environment more casual.

"Okay if you're starting out but cannot see as a career"

Pros

The people are nice for the most part. The job is relatively easy and decent benefits

Cons

The pay is pretty low. A lot of the money brought it seems to stay at the top of the chain. 15 an hour is a good starting point but you cannot live on Long Island if this is your only salary. The raises they give are not even close to raises I've received at other jobs. We do get bonuses but again they range between 1-125 a month. Previous jobs were 2-600 depending on how well you performed

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth. If it wasn't for us you wouldn't be making the money.

"Clerk"

Former Employee - LEADERSHIP and TEAM EXPEREINCE in Deer Park, NY
    Former Employee - LEADERSHIP and TEAM EXPEREINCE in Deer Park, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees, work environment, and upper management made themselves available for communication if there were any issues

Cons

Low pay, and not much room for growth

Advice to Management

Reward employees that work hard and are looking to grow within the company

"No space for growth"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers.Located in a good area in long island. There's always parking. The owner is amazing she is very understanding with any situation, but the upper management tends to show different acts.

Cons

Upper management is terrible.They take advantage of you and tend to make you feel dumb around others. There is no room for growth.Large amount of favoritism. The pay sucks aw well. You can really find a better job else where.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect.