Miller & Milone, P.C. Reviews | Glassdoor

Miller & Milone, P.C. Reviews

Updated December 2, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Christina G. Milone, Esq.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lots of opportunities to learn. Great benefits"

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Over the last three years, I had plenty of opportunities to learn new things about the firm and the healthcare industry. Miller & Milone has recently has a great team of managers and administrative people. I have more than one person I can see when I have questions. Benefits are good (vacation, holidays, 401k).

Cons

I witnessed a huge growth in overall company size, which brought with it a lot of structure and policies. I guess you have to have those in today's professional world so it's not really a con...

"This Firm continues to grow and provide annual increases"

Current Employee - General in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - General in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In a time when many companies are laying people off or simply not giving annual raises, during the time of my employment this company continues to give annual reviews with raises, has other nice perks like free coffee, paid lunch hours, birthday gifts, company logo type gifts at the annual meeting, pies at Thanksgiving, etc. I have had a great experience working at Miller & Milone.

Cons

I can think of no cons. The time off policies match pretty much what I have experienced prior to coming to Miller & Milone, there is a good leadership structure in place which continues to be refined and they pay me for my lunch hour - who does that?

"Great Place to Work at any Point in your Career"

Current Employee - Administrative in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Miller & Milone is a great place to work for a number of reasons: The environment is very nurturing. If you are a conscientious employee, management quickly spots your strengths and will give you opportunities to develop and grow. Every effort is made to enhance quality of life at the office. In fact, there is a committee created for that very purpose. There are also suggestions boxes in the lunchrooms and management sincerely tries to implement suggestions that are positive and feasible. The benefits are great and salary is on par with comparable companies on Long Island. I love it here and hope to grow with the company.

Cons

Benefits took a little while to kick in but even that has been modified. A few months ago, management shortened the waiting time for benefits to begin.

Advice to Management

Implement measures opportunities for staff development. This enlarges the talent pool and will result in greater loyalty to the company.

"A great company with great people. Perfect location, close to mall"

Pros

Co-workers are great and fun to be with. Everyone's always willing to help one another.
    Shortened summer Fridays are a great perk. Many events/contests/dress down days - makes everyone happy.
    Paid lunch hour! Overall, benefits package appears to be better than most places out there.
    Very nice building with cafeteria in area with many restaurants (and near mall!). Promotions or new responsibilities are available but you need to be willing to work hard for them.

Cons

Healthcare industry is very dynamic and we often need to adopt new rules, regulations and procedures very quickly. Not really a con, just a fact about industry that could make the job challenging (which actually keeps it interesting...)

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing and promoting the good talent within. Keep the communication trickling down to all employees. Keep the great family orientation that this place was built on.

Sep 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate your time in posting your work experience at Miller & Milone. We welcome all feedback and are committed to earning your compliments and hearing your suggestions. It is nice to hear... More

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Support Staff in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff has been very friendly and welcoming. The office is conveniently located near shopping centers and restaurants, and the beautiful building features very nice amenities. There are plenty of team-building activities, and lots of employee engagement.

Cons

The building is far from the Long Island Railroad, and only bus service is available.

Advice to Management

More wellness activities.

Sep 18, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate your time in posting your work experience at Miller & Milone. It is nice to hear that our continued efforts to build a cohesive team and positive work environment are having a positive... More

6. "Great place to work!"

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time

Pros

My favorite thing about working at Miller & Milone was the great people. I enjoyed going to work each day because of my co-workers. The company also has an annual picnic, a great Halloween party, and many bake sales and luncheons that bring everyone together. My job was busy and collaborative.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Oct 11, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your work experience at Miller & Milone. We are pleased you have fond memories of your time with us and are correct in noting the Firm is... More

7. "Great place to start your career!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Miller & Milone for a little over three years. I started out as an Appeal Writer, but about 6 months in the Head of HR, Dorothy Post asked me if I was interested in a Human Resources Coordinator role in her Department. I knew nothing about this field, but Dorothy took me under her wing and coached me on the areas or Recruitment, Talent Acquisition, Professional Development for the organization, Onboarding, and Employee Engagement initiatives. Dorothy was very patient and thorough and introduced me to a field that I have a passion for. Aside from my career development with the firm, there were an array of benefits/perks that came along with working for the Company. I can't be certain this is still in place, but the firm has paid lunch hours which is not required. Also, their paid time off for holiday and vacation time is very generous. While I was there, there were summer hours, so every Friday btw. Memorial Day and Labor day, you could leave an hour early to jumpstart your weekend. I had a very positive experience at this company and I truly believe that Management has their employee's best interests in mind.

Cons

I have no complaints - My leaving the company was for personal reasons (to relocate to be closer to my family) not because I was unhappy at Miller & Milone.

8. "Very rewarding"

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Miller and Milone for over 13 years and it was by far the best work experience of my life. I always had input and got great feedback and support from management both before I was a part of management and after I became a part of management. Throughout my tenure at Miller and Milone there was a definite feeling of family.

Cons

The only Con I an think of was that my position with Miller and Milone was much more then an 8 hour day but in fairness no one ever asked or expected I do anything after hours.

Advice to Management

I have been away from the company for 5 years so I would not be able to add any advice for Management.

"Discharge Planner"

Former Employee - Discharge Planner in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Discharge Planner in Garden City, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate staff was great.
    My co workers were fabulous.
    Amazing people to work with.
    EEE committee put together great activities with lots of food.

Love that they do adopt a grandparent during the holidays.

Cons

Having a "leader" who has ADHD, and can't concentrate on her work until the pressure is on then blames others for her failures. Someone who is weak and not competent enough to speak to others with respect despite their position. A "leader" who is dismissive of your thoughts and opinions even though you know how to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Employees strive when appreciated.

Sep 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review that points out the amazing staff at Miller & Milone and the amazing charity works the Firm participates proudly in. As you know, the Adopt a... More

"Decent entry-level gig for someone without many specialized skills"

Former Employee - Insurance Appeal Writer in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Insurance Appeal Writer in Garden City, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is relatively easy so long as you can write well. Ample parking. Mostly nice people. Clean and well-kept. Pretty good pay considering the level of skill required is not very high. Hourly pay, so you never take work home and get paid on the rare occasions when overtime is necessary.

Cons

Very limited opportunities for advancement. Extremely boring and tedious work. Talking and socializing is discouraged; the office can be too quiet. Benefits and time off are nothing to write home about.

Advice to Management

Figure out some way to liven up the office and make the environment more casual.