Miller & Milone, P.C. Reviews | Glassdoor

Miller & Milone, P.C. Reviews

Updated December 2, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Christina G. Milone, Esq.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to start your career!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Miller & Milone for a little over three years. I started out as an Appeal Writer, but about 6 months in the Head of HR, Dorothy Post asked me if I was interested in a Human Resources Coordinator role in her Department. I knew nothing about this field, but Dorothy took me under her wing and coached me on the areas or Recruitment, Talent Acquisition, Professional Development for the organization, Onboarding, and Employee Engagement initiatives. Dorothy was very patient and thorough and introduced me to a field that I have a passion for. Aside from my career development with the firm, there were an array of benefits/perks that came along with working for the Company. I can't be certain this is still in place, but the firm has paid lunch hours which is not required. Also, their paid time off for holiday and vacation time is very generous. While I was there, there were summer hours, so every Friday btw. Memorial Day and Labor day, you could leave an hour early to jumpstart your weekend. I had a very positive experience at this company and I truly believe that Management has their employee's best interests in mind.

Cons

I have no complaints - My leaving the company was for personal reasons (to relocate to be closer to my family) not because I was unhappy at Miller & Milone.

2. "Great place to work!"

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time

Pros

My favorite thing about working at Miller & Milone was the great people. I enjoyed going to work each day because of my co-workers. The company also has an annual picnic, a great Halloween party, and many bake sales and luncheons that bring everyone together. My job was busy and collaborative.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Oct 11, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your work experience at Miller & Milone. We are pleased you have fond memories of your time with us and are correct in noting the Firm is... More

3. "Accounts Payable Position"

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time

Pros

Nice building, good location, hour paid lunch.

Cons

Insecure management intimidated by staff with higher education and superior knowledge. Very low pay.

Advice to Management

Stop stressing about insignificant issues such as stapling and filing and allow your staff to maximize their potential.

Oct 5, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

At Miller & Milone, P.C. our goal is to maintain a productive, pleasant, and stimulating workplace. With that in mind we take all feedback into consideration as part of our on-going effort to be a... More

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Support Staff in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff has been very friendly and welcoming. The office is conveniently located near shopping centers and restaurants, and the beautiful building features very nice amenities. There are plenty of team-building activities, and lots of employee engagement.

Cons

The building is far from the Long Island Railroad, and only bus service is available.

Advice to Management

More wellness activities.

Sep 18, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate your time in posting your work experience at Miller & Milone. It is nice to hear that our continued efforts to build a cohesive team and positive work environment are having a positive... More

5. "Administrative Coordinator"

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Hicksville, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Hicksville, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. (More than a year)

Pros

co-workers, close to home, summer hours

Cons

no room for growth, insurance benefits are not good too expensive

Sep 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Feedback is always appreciated. While not every position at our Firm will necessarily lend itself to automatic growth, Miller & Milone has a model of... More

"A great company with great people. Perfect location, close to mall"

Pros

Co-workers are great and fun to be with. Everyone's always willing to help one another.
    Shortened summer Fridays are a great perk. Many events/contests/dress down days - makes everyone happy.
    Paid lunch hour! Overall, benefits package appears to be better than most places out there.
    Very nice building with cafeteria in area with many restaurants (and near mall!). Promotions or new responsibilities are available but you need to be willing to work hard for them.

Cons

Healthcare industry is very dynamic and we often need to adopt new rules, regulations and procedures very quickly. Not really a con, just a fact about industry that could make the job challenging (which actually keeps it interesting...)

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing and promoting the good talent within. Keep the communication trickling down to all employees. Keep the great family orientation that this place was built on.

Sep 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate your time in posting your work experience at Miller & Milone. We welcome all feedback and are committed to earning your compliments and hearing your suggestions. It is nice to hear... More

"Medicaid Dept"

Former Employee - Medicaid Coordinator in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Medicaid Coordinator in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly. Individuals were hard workers who really wanted to do the right thing. The job itself was not hard. Parking and free coffee were nice things.

Cons

Management. The local manager had no idea on how to manage. All employees knew whom she liked and who she did not. Upper management was very uneducated in approaching employees. It made for a very tense environment..

Advice to Management

All stories have three sides- before making decisons learn to listen and observe.

Sep 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear you had a negative experience while working at our Firm. We have investigated your concerns and are always receptive to... More

"False Gravitas"

Former Employee - Denials Management in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Denials Management in Garden City, NY

Pros

Employees, not affiliated with management or gilded with some contrived and superfluous title, are perhaps some of the most pleasant people one could hope to work with. Birthday celebrations, seasonal decorations, and potlucks help invigorate the banal office ambiance. The employees here are genuinely interested in others, supportive, and nurturing. No reviews could furnish enough praise upon those wonderful souls. An hour paid lunch is actually quite nice.

Cons

A veritable prison of lurid gray cubicles and empty white walls, run by an ineptocracy. Certainly not an environment conducive to learning, growth (personal or professional), and overall well being. As others have said in some reviews found here, only look towards this place as a short-term resume builder. Good employees and hard work are seldom noticed. When management has a problem with you, one is often addressed with short tempers and sardonic tones. This is followed by condescension and write-ups.

A disproportionate amount of meetings and emails focus on poor performance and employee mistakes, and no plans of remediation or suggestions for improvement are proffered to address them. Time and again were responsibilities broadened without just compensation; thanks were rendered as an afterthought or perhaps something akin to compulsion rather than genuine gratitude. Huge volumes of work are distributed to workers without regard to the quality of writing and the consistency of argument. No true revision process exists. Quantity over quality. To compare a majority of the writing here to feces would not permit the discussion to move beyond the excremental.

The most salient points for keeping one's distance from this place would be poor wages and inconsistent raises. If a raise is given, expect no more than 25 cents. As if to compound this with mockery and blatant indignity, everyone is forced to attend annual meetings of self-congratulations and self-aggrandizement in which it is expounded, with smarmy self-importance, how much the firm (and the ineptocrats) has grown and prospered, talks of the great harvest of which we had no part.

Advice to Management

Encourage management to undergo training and certification courses in managing employees and high volumes of work. Encourage courses that developed professionalism among management so they can address employees with courtesy and understanding; management needs to develop a proper sense of civility, propriety, and manners. Encourage open dialogue between management and employees to help meet employee concerns and to attenuate problems before they escalate.

Sep 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

We graciously accept all feedback and thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you time spent at Miller & Milone left you so resentful and dissatisfied. We take... More

"Good for short-term resume builder, otherwise don't waste your time."

Former Employee - Denial Management in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Denial Management in Garden City, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers were some of the most amazing, pleasant, supportive individuals I've ever met. Office was located in Garden City, close to shopping and restuarants.

Cons

Upper management's chain of command and favoritism is blatantly apparant and they hire and fire employees with no respect for them. It's disgusting the way some employees were treated. Raises equate to about 25 cents and a Christmas bonus consists of a laughable gift card. Nobody will appreciate you here and upper management will drive you up the wall. The actual office had horrible working conditions. Employees have complained numerous times about the air conditioning which made the entire suite feel like a freezer. OSHA complaints had been filed. Employees were forced to purchase their own personal heaters. These facts alone make this company a laughable excuse for a law firm. This is a collection agency. Not a law firm. Do not waste your skills in a 9-5 cubicle position where you are not valued.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Encourage employee enthusiasm and company pride. Upper management needs proper training in managing. Overall, the many years I have worked here have shown me what a hostile work environment this is where a diligent employee is never acknowledged and seen as replaceable.

Sep 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

We are disappointed to hear that the 5 years you spent at Miller & Milone were so disagreeable. We strive to provide our employees with an appropriate and comfortable work environment. Having... More

"No space for growth"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers.Located in a good area in long island. There's always parking. The owner is amazing she is very understanding with any situation, but the upper management tends to show different acts.

Cons

Upper management is terrible.They take advantage of you and tend to make you feel dumb around others. There is no room for growth.Large amount of favoritism. The pay sucks aw well. You can really find a better job else where.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect.

Sep 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

We are disappointed to hear you are having a negative experience in your position at Miller & Milone. We never want anyone to feel "dumb" and continually strive to insure all employees are... More