MillerCoors Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
MillerCoors CEO Gavin Hattersley
Gavin Hattersley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free beer via an employee store and bar is one of the most fun benefits I've ever had" (in 127 reviews)

• "Work life balance is pretty good" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is difficult to come by" (in 54 reviews)

• "Limits from upper management on job duties" (in 22 reviews)

1. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at MillerCoors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay which helped out during my broke college years!

Cons

Unless you don't enjoy socializing and having a good time while getting paid then there are none!

2. "Sr leadership shows they have little regard for employees"

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Until this year I was very happy to work at this company.
    I felt that they had the best interest of their employee's at heart.

Then after reviewing the effects of leadership decisions, it is obvious they don't.
    They offered a VSP voluntary severance program to their employee's in a cost savings effort which looks good and shows they don't just want to lay a large number of people off.

On closer review, though it directly pushed down one of the companies key metrics for the year, free cash flow.

This is coupled with the missed goals for profit and volume.
    The company had record profits in Q3 that could have been driven into price promotions to drive up the volume... They were not. Two more missed goals
    Three of 4 missed goals, the company fails itself on goals for the year.

Then... they tell all of their employee's to fail themselves on their individual goals because the company failed.

Company incentive program included a company portion and personal.
    The company performance is already factored into personal performance but now they want to ding you twice.

Cons

The Senior Leadership Team has spent a lot of time assessing our 2018 performance. And although we’ve had several bright spots we can all be proud of, the reality is we’ve also had a number of misses that negatively impacted our performance. Whether those misses were out of our control, like a weaker-than-predicted industry, or of our own doing, such as supply issues and brand plans that didn’t deliver, they all took a significant toll on our results. It’s clear that in spite of our best efforts we did not meet expectations this year.

As such, the SLT has assigned an overall rating of 2 – or Developing Performance – to our business.

Remember that regardless of our individual role, we all have accountability for selling beer. So as we head into year-end reviews, each and every one of us must take accountability for where we missed and have meaningful conversations about what we can do differently to improve our performance next year.

Moreover, it’s important to keep in mind that employee ratings should generally reflect the company rating. Therefore, with the company rated a 2, we expect many functions, teams, and employees will also be rated a 2 based on goals that didn’t deliver the desired result or impact. This includes employees who may or may not have goals tied to volume or financial metrics.

While our performance rating may be discouraging, we know it’s not for lack of hard work or commitment to getting MillerCoors on the path to growth. Given the implications the company performance will have on the MillerCoors Incentive Plan (MCIP) payout, the SLT has decided we are not going to let the company performance further impact the possibility for merit increases.

So different from the past, leaders and people managers will have full flexibility to award employees who are rated 2 with merit above the threshold normally allocated for that rating, if warranted, based on both the “what” and the “how” of their performance.

I know we’re all disappointed that we fell short of our goals for this year, and I’m encouraged by the confidence and drive I see from people across the organization to improve our trajectory in 2019. We’ve learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t this year, and we’re applying those lessons. We’re doubling down on Coors Light’s position as “The World’s Most Refreshing Beer” with a new campaign breaking in the coming weeks. Miller Lite is going bolder in everything it does so it can take share in total beer. We’re significantly upping our game in above premium by doubling our investment in Blue Moon, and establishing Peroni as the next big European import. We’re going to double our Sol and Arnold Palmer Spiked business and triple our Henry’s Hard Sparkling business. And we think we have a hit with Cape Line.

I am exceptionally proud of the passion and perseverance of this team and I am excited about what I know is a bright future ahead. Thanks for your continued commitment as we work together to get our business back on track.

Gavin

Advice to Management

Stop patronizing your employee's
    Don't set unrealistic expectations for your company then fault your employee's when you miss them.
    Stop lying to yourselves
    Remove Gavin as CEO

3. "Fun job, awesome company"

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

Pay, travel, meeting new people

Cons

No routine, only employee in market

4. "Sales"

I worked at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

Free beer, great caring people, industry

Cons

Sales Trends, pressure to improve

"Leadership is either ignorant or delusional"

Current Employee - Sales Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of great people and above average compensation.

Cons

Promotions on relationships and perception versus hard work, loyalty, and results. The talent is leaving and subpar individuals are fast tracked to leadership.

Advice to Management

Realize that results and culture exponential declines are because of key leaders in upper-middle management before it's too late. Promote on merit and not favoritism. This will allow culture to change, talent to grow, and moral to balance back to what it was when I joined the company. Get back to being people focused.

6. "Sales and Service"

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

Easy going culture of beer

Cons

Work life balance is not great

"Great pay no home life"

Former Employee - RMMC Production in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - RMMC Production in Golden, CO

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good. They have 3 different medical plans for you to choose from. Incentive pay and a monthly reward for their full time employees.

Cons

They don’t know how to run the place. They run out of materials, they never prepare for their peak season so staff have to work 11-21 days straight. If you have an opinion about anything and you’re not a professional suck up DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT open your mouth if you have plans to promote.

Advice to Management

Learn to promote people who are leaders and ones that their peers would want to work under. Plan accordingly for your peak season. Lastly, stop hiring and promoting people because they are experienced in the art of rubbing elbows with the big wigs.

8. "Customer Service Analyst"

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance and understanding management

Cons

Beer as a whole is declining and so is this company unfortunately

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay, free beer

Cons

Worst culture I’ve seen in my whole career. If we aren’t a woman or minority there is no chance for advancement

Advice to Management

Base reviews and promotions on work, not sex or skin color

"Sales Representative"

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

You get to meet a lot of people. So, networking is a mush. The organization has a great company culture.

Cons

You travel a lot. Not an idea job if you have a family.