MillerCoors Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
MillerCoors CEO Gavin Hattersley
Gavin Hattersley

Pros
  • 3 caese of free beer each month (in 103 reviews)

• Great work-life balance if you are at the lower end of the totem pole (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Work dominates the work life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Upper management is full of some people stuck in their old ways of doing things (in 18 reviews)

1. "Employee"

Current Employee - Leadership in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Leadership in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company pays well, benefits are decent but could be more progressive. Company has a clear strategic plan and executes against them fairly well.

Cons

Sr. Leadership doesn't live out its culture statements. Has a plan to build and change culture but doesn't maintain an inclusive environment for current employees.

Advice to Management

Provide leadership development for existing and newly minted leaders. Need to invest in management training and cultural sensitivity training.

2. "Don't look at it as a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging and interesting environment. Good pay and benefits

Cons

Being female in a department that favors men

"The job itself is great, Everything else needs to be improved"

Current Employee - Wort and Beer Specialist in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Wort and Beer Specialist in Golden, CO

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay considering you can work here if you have the ethic, and drive. The job can be stressful but I dont take the issues home with me. 1.5x pay over 40hours and double time on your 7th day.

Cons

Work life balance is horrible. Its not uncommon to work 21 days in a row. The company puts its share holders before its customers, employees. Turnover has increased substantially since leaving a 4x4 work schedule.

Advice to Management

If you want to stop dropping brews, stop the turn over and actually keep up with GMP in the cellars run this place 24/7. I have seen millions of dollars in missed brews because management doesnt want to pay a few dozen people 45 bucks an hour on the weekend. I have seen well qualified, amazing workers leave brewing operations to work at the can plant/drive a fork lift because they never see their family. Your wages are no longer competitive when we can all leave to work in Pharma. The 1.2 % cost of living rasies year after year are an insult. We all know how expensive it has become to live in Colorado.

5. "Mediocre"

Current Employee - Regional Pricing Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Pricing Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, free beer, 401k match, people are fun, great industry, some travel involved, flexible schedule, nice office, great support for resources

Cons

Hard to bonus even while hitting sales, popularity and politics run the company of under qualified managers, must move to get promoted

Advice to Management

Give ratings for work produced and not friends

"Brewery Worker"

Current Employee - Brewery Worker in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Brewery Worker in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is way above average. If You want to make money this is the place to do it.

Cons

Entitled workforce that pull the wool over the eyes of management.

Advice to Management

Learn the business in your area so you know when your being conned and worry about the job you have now and not the one you think you'll have tomorrow.

"Mediocre Company Culture Masked by Perks"

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at MillerCoors as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Free monthly beer stipend
    Free happy hour daily
    Nice facilities
    Team outings and company-wide events
    Summer Fridays (can leave at 2 if you hit your 40 hours)
    Competitive pay

Cons

While working for MillerCoors comes with a great title and fun perks like free beer, those do not make up for the lack of community in the office. Most employees head straight to their cubicle and work in silence throughout the day. There is a lack of collaboration and I found it difficult to ask questions while I was still learning my role. The company is so large that each position is very specialized, leading to a lack of variety. This also means it takes forever to get anything accomplished because there are too many cooks in the kitchen while working on a project. The HR department is a mess as well.

8. "Interesting Changes"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Peers are great to work with, a lot of bright folks with great ideas.

Cons

Change to the way things are done might make work less desirable. I was enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Change slowly and remember who your dedicated workers and and what they can do for your company.

9. "Plant Maintenance Mechanic"

Current Employee - Plant Maintenance Mechanic in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Plant Maintenance Mechanic in Golden, CO

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Decent benefits for manufacturing. Free beer.

Cons

DISCLAIMER:
    Much of the individual opinion is based subjectively on particular business unit (department). The culture of other business units may be different for better or worse.

Additionally, the opinions of hourly employees vs salaried will also vary greatly due to the fact that their schedules and work life balance are not comparable.

No real development. People tend to get boxed into their current positions. If you are an hourly employee your work life balance will lean heavily to the work side 6-7 days per week for the entire year. Salaried employees are paid at or below the industry standard for similar positions at different companies. Man power is limited and continues to dwindle. Culture is poor, attitudes of most hourly employees are negative.

Advice to Management

None. They can't change a thing because the goal is to make beer, and sell it, not to create a positive, cultivating, progressive work environment.

10. "Good pay but no life"

Former Employee - Brewery Worker in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Brewery Worker in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The payment for a brewery worker is actually pretty good when you get hired on full time (which could take any amount of time it is based on what they see fit)

Cons

You will work 40 hours in addition to every Saturday (even if you don't sign up you will be forced to work), you will work 2nd or 3rd shift since it takes 40+ years to get onto 1st shift

Advice to Management

Alternate schedules so people are there to covers each day example: someone works Monday through Friday and someone else is Tuesday through Saturday and so on.

"National Category Manager"

Former Employee - Category Manager National Accounts in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Category Manager National Accounts in Frisco, TX

Pros

I appreciated having the ability to work from home, Free beer, nice people, generous expense account.

Cons

New team lead made everyone's life a living hell. He pretty much hated women and treated us like second rate citizens. Even went so far as having the male team members sneak out of the office so they wouldn't have to invite us to lunch. We didn't want to go anyway.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is capable of managing people. Do a better job of assessing people management skills and let the psychos be individual contributors.