MillerCoors Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
MillerCoors CEO Gavin Hattersley
Gavin Hattersley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, good benifits, free beer (in 108 reviews)

• Great work-life balance if you are at the lower end of the totem pole (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain work/life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Upper management is full of some people stuck in their old ways of doing things (in 18 reviews)

1. "Mostly great place to work"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Had some of the best managers of my career. Work was generally interesting, challenging and allows for learning and advancement. Most co-workers are nice, helpful and collaborative. Overall great people. Work life balance is usually pretty good... most jobs would have some night/weekend work due to the nature of the business, but there's a lot of flexibility in working from home or taking flex time for office and sales staff.

Cons

As with most places, who you know and who you're friends with can strongly impact your opportunities. Being an image-conscious lifestyle brand company, this is even more the case than at most companies. Also, strong headwinds in the category and new management with super aggressive (and perhaps not achievable) goals have made it seem less stable.

Advice to Management

Don't lose focus on developing leadership- including up and coming leaders. This means developing strong people management skills, not just hitting sales goals or graduating from the sales management professional program.

2. "Good perks, tough work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Access to a lot of neat opportunities within the beer industry, continuing education

Cons

Not a ton of focus on advancement, irregular hours, very competitive industry

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees

3. "Supply Manager"

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

Competitive benefit package and free product.

Cons

Internal politics and low transparency

Advice to Management

The company is too top heavy in certain departments

4. "Poor Management"

I worked at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

Free beer, working in beer is fun.

Cons

Poor managers, good old boy network

Advice to Management

Learn how to develop managers. Stop promoting members of the good old boy network. You can't just keep cutting cost. Eventually you need to figure out how to grow the business. A bunch of old guys trying to guess what young consumers want. No wonder the company is declining. It's only a matter of tome before Molson Coors is acquired.

5. "Sales Rep"

I worked at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

-Travel
    -Maker your own schedule
    -Learning as you go

Cons

-Self care
    -Life/Job Balance
    -Safety
    -Random job placement

Advice to Management

Take the mental health of your employees and their safety concerns seriously. Also dont place people where their demographics are not succeeding

6. "Field Marketing"

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

#2 beer company in the US, competitive and fun

Cons

People are drinking less beer, but our portfolio continues to meet their needs

7. "Great Manufacturing Jobs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits package is really top notch - health care is much less expensive than at prior employers, onsite medical clinic is cost effective. Free beer via an employee store and bar is one of the most fun benefits I've ever had. Great vacation time - 2 weeks prorated your first year, a week of floating holidays your 2nd, year, then 3 weeks plus the floaters your third. Best company match and non-elective contribution to a 401(k) I've ever had. Free disability benefits.
    Salaries are really competitive, for the hourly roles it is hard to find something that pays as well as this.

Cons

The beer industry has changed significantly over the course of many of my coworkers careers, and some have lost site of what it's like outside of our large organization. This can lead to complaints about the changes we've experienced, but we've got a better deal than I had 15 years ago worker for an auto supplier. OT demands can be high during peak production times.

Advice to Management

Continue to assess opportunities for reducing mandatory OT during peak production periods.
    Continue efforts to expand the brand portfolio so that we stop the decline of our volume within the market.
    Engage your teams in helping to drive improvements in production processes.

8. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Elkton, VA
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Elkton, VA

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

close to home and great benefits!

Cons

Long work days and crazy schedule.

"Corporate Supply Chain Golden, CO"

Current Employee - Corporate Supply Chain in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Supply Chain in Golden, CO

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Work from home options and summer hours for Corporate Staff. Global opportunities with the new parent company Molson Coors.

Cons

Age Discrimination! If you are 50-55 you will no longer be considered for movement. Common tactics used are; higher degree required to move another level/same level, or below performance reviews so no movement allowed. Management ask employees when they are planning on retiring.
    Preferential treatment in Milwaukee/Chicago VS Golden. Suppose to be a Global Company but majority of new people hired are 35 and under and located in Milwaukee/Chicago.

Advice to Management

Tenured employees bring value to the business and should not be forced out of the company.

"Career Path Limited"

Current Employee - Corporate HQ in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate HQ in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people and fairly collaborative work environment. Summer Friday's and some WFH options. If you like free beer then that is also a nice perk.

Cons

Career paths for strong employees are determined by HR and management. You have virtually no say in how you want to shape your career (despite what is told to employees internally). Work life balance is "talked about" but the reality is that it's non existent. MillerCoors continues to lose strong talent because it can't see two inches in front of it's own face and own up to the reality of what is happening with morale and culture.

Advice to Management

The pay scale is a joke compared to the rest of CPG, especially in Chicago. Work on that instead of telling employees they must do X amount of rotations to get ahead. Also the favoritism and cliques are getting pretty old.