MillerCoors Reviews | Glassdoor

MillerCoors Reviews

Updated March 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work dominates the work life balance (in 35 reviews)

• Upper management is full of some people stuck in their old ways of doing things (in 18 reviews)

1. "Brewing the best"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Albany, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Albany, GA

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, flexible work hours, encourage trying new work, friendly yet professional, challenging,

Cons

They don't always put the right person in a position, development of personnel to leader roles

2. "Great experience"

Pros

It is close to home. We have good benefits. Work on day shift. The people I work with are great to work with.

Cons

Management changes are non stop. More and more responsibilities are being thrown at us enabling to focus on the job at hand.

Advice to Management

None

3. "Quality Assurance Deptartment"

Former Employee - Quality Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great job. Good pay, benefits, perks. A self driven attitude can lead to other positions in the company. Yearly bonus reflects closely to supervisor and is part straight bonus and part pay raise.

Cons

Need to be flexible on work hours. Weekend, Holidays especially. Easy for job to become dead-ended.

Advice to Management

Review each employees talents and ensure block of times free from routine work to allow value added assignments to be fulfilled.

5. "Good pay but no life"

Former Employee - Brewery Worker in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Brewery Worker in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The payment for a brewery worker is actually pretty good when you get hired on full time (which could take any amount of time it is based on what they see fit)

Cons

You will work 40 hours in addition to every Saturday (even if you don't sign up you will be forced to work), you will work 2nd or 3rd shift since it takes 40+ years to get onto 1st shift

Advice to Management

Alternate schedules so people are there to covers each day example: someone works Monday through Friday and someone else is Tuesday through Saturday and so on.

6. "I love my job!"

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

Great support from all channels within the company and amazing people and culture. They are very focused on their employees personally and professionally.

Cons

There's not too many downsides to selling beer but if I had to choose, I would say that waking up for early morning meetings after a long night of drinking beer with your counterparts/friends...is. It easy or fun!

Advice to Management

Be open to learning and embracing the culture that is beer. Millercoors has a great bunch of people working for them and it truly is a family type setting. You will enjoy working with everyone you meet!

7. "Executive"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A Great Company with Great People

Cons

There are no cons in a beer company

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on Volume Growth as your #1 Priority. Get to Growth in 2019.

8. "Fair to Midling"

Pros

Decent pay, union is weak

Cons

Inflexible on overtime. 80 hours week not uncommon

9. "MillerCoors Distributor Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Distributor Sales Manager in Manchester, MO
    Current Employee - Distributor Sales Manager in Manchester, MO

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Free Beer and a big time challenge. Great job for someone that loves to manage a team, interact with customers and sell, sell, sell!

Cons

Lots of hours and night work plus some weekends too. A lot of fun stuff to do and tickets to everything.

10. "Senior manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

Good people and great beer

Cons

Relocation required to advance career in sales

11. "Not Exactly What I Was Hoping For"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible work schedule, remote employment means you're home based but spend most of you day calling on accounts
    - Free beer
    - Interesting accounts to work with in some places
    - Great products to work with that just need better marketing support
    - New SMP training is great and structured- focused on challenging you and preparing you for being in market

Cons

- Forced relocation to markets that may not fit a persons desires or personality
    - Lots of ambiguity that makes the job harder and more time consuming than it should be
    - Lack of structure for Monthly Business Objectives and initiatives, especially for newer employees in market
    - Backlash from accounts happens because higher level management doesn't consider each market/region's individual challenges and strengths, therefore sometimes we take things into market that don't fit our accounts
    - Lack of personal growth and learning opportunities as a young professional that you may find in more structured roles
    - Runzheimer DOES NOT cover the cost of your gas and insurance or maintenance even though 95% of the miles you put on it will be business miles, the payment I get from this covers almost all of my car payment and that's it- everything else is out of pocket

Advice to Management

Don't make SMPs move to cities that don't fit what you ask them in their interviews. Being open for relocation is great, but putting someone in a market without considering what's important to them will only leave you with unsatisfied employees. It's also not really an even playing field when some people's requests are filled because they aren't assigned by training whereas others have no say.

When a new SMP comes to market, give them more resources and structure- create a consistent process for transition between two reps so that new reps don't have to waste time figuring out information that took the last rep 2 years to learn. It's also important to give guidelines, don't expect the employees to know everything immediately. Our brands are strong but marketing is relatively weak especially on American Light Lagers, amp these up and give us more resources to put behind them because they need the most focus and attention. Work with your brands more closely that make money and generate sales in these accounts buying our product.

Provide more opportunity to learn and grow in the role. While this rests on our shoulders to a point, the lack of structure can be a challenge for someone in the role as their first full time job after college along with being in a completely new city.