Cover image for Million Dollar Baby Co.
Logo

91% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 66 of over 75 reviews

4.7
Million Dollar Baby Co. CEO Teddy Fong (no image)
Teddy Fong

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Continuously guiding everyone and keeping the company aligned towards the same goal while growing and experiencing great benefits!(in 16 reviews)
  • "Most of management genuinely cares about their employees and growth.(in 6 reviews)
  • "People are incredibly thoughtful, and a lot of time and energy goes into developing an excellent culture that supports the growth of the team.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great company culture where people are friendly like family, but also work really hard.(in 5 reviews)
  • "All employees extremely happy and involved(in 5 reviews)
Cons
  • "Favoritism amongst managers with the selected few and lack of fair pay.(in 3 reviews)
  • "CEO just announced we are moving soon though, so maybe it will be better?(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Love This Company

Jul 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Number 1, it's the people that you work with. You'll never find an office with such amazing coworkers. Everyone truly cares about your success and they'll help you reach your goals. We also get great benefits such as summer half-day Fridays, pet insurance, team lunches, and great paternity benefits.

Cons

Being a young company, things move fast so you need to be attentive and engaged. If you are looking to get by being quiet and lowkey, this company might not be your cup of tea.

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

absolutely my dream company to work for

Jun 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can see myself working here for the rest of my life. So much learning opportunities and growth avenues. Management is so loving and caring, especially during COVID. The two days in person work week is just perfect. So different and so much better than any other company that I have worked for. I think the average age is still less than 30 for this 32 years old start up =)

Cons

maybe a bit slow in weeding out non-performers

4 people found this review helpful

VP - Talent Management

Thank you so much for your feedback! Still so much work to do in making this the best workplace for all of you. -Teddy, CEO

3. Join the Million Dollar Baby Co. team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Forward Thinking Mentality, Not Enough Action

Jun 2, 2022 - N|A in Pico Rivera, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great company culture, there were teams who worked well together and truly were able to bring in new ideas to the table. -Team bonding events were well planned, inclusive, and fun.

Cons

-Leadership lacks ability to delegate, trust, and properly train team members -Wanted diversity but seemed to cater more to a specific group of people in the company -Family company, at times you can see internal struggles within team members and would often treat each other disrespectfully

VP - Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. Here are the things we are doing this year to address the concerns that you had: 1. Last year we established our Diversity, Inclusion, Equity Committee (DIEC) where 5-8 cross functional team members volunteer their time to look at all business practices, benefits, and policies to make sure we are continuously creating the most equitable workplace for our team. Currently they are looking at our interview process where we have improved our job descriptions, interview questions and evaluation process. 2. This year we have established management training as one of our top OKR's (goals) and every quarter we are making headway by building a management training program. In just a month from now, we are hosting an offsite meeting with our top managers where we will share best practices and build a development plan for new skills. We're very excited about this and we too want to make sure that our team members are well trained and well supported by their manager! 3. My favorite and our most important core value is to "Treat Your Team like Family." I hope that our glassdoor reviews reflect how we treat each other and how we value each other. Disrespect is an absolute non-negotiable at the company! We are constantly trying to be better every day. Thank you!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company

Feb 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

MDB is a great company to work for. You're surrounded by driven and kind individuals. It's a company that understands the importance of balance between your personal and professional life.

Cons

Pay - They are working towards being above average with compensation. Diversity - We could use more diversity and the company is employing forward thinking processes to ensure we cast a wide net.

VP - Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback! Our DIEC (Diversity, Inclusion, Equity Committee) has done an incredible job over the last year and we'll make it a priority to share more about our progress to the team. -Teddy, CEO

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best Company to work for!

Feb 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Pico Rivera, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Million Dollar Baby is truly the best place I have ever worked at. The company is filled with kind, passionate, and hard-working individuals who support each other daily. The company and managers truly care about your well-being. Culture, growth, pay - the best! I cannot recommend this company enough.

Cons

Nothing major. They are actively working on addressing the lack of diversity.

Thank you for your feedback! -Teddy, CEO

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company in LA

Jan 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working at MDB Co. is the people that you work with every day. Team leads, managers, and coworkers truly care about your personal and professional success. I have learned so much since I started a year ago and can not thank my manager enough! I love what I do and my accomplishments are shared throughout the company (no matter how small it is). The company has been going through crazy growth but they never lose sight of what is important. The management takes care of the employees like family. Whenever there is a job opening, I recommend it to all my friends. If you are searching for a job, I know how you feel (being in the same position just over a year ago). Applying to MDB Co. was one of the best things I did for my career. You will NOT regret applying to MDB Co. and Moira (Talent Management) is amazing and very friendly.

Cons

No cons to mention other than not being able to go into the office and being able to socialize with everyone :(

3 people found this review helpful

VP - Talent Management

Wow! Thank you for this. We are grateful for you and our team! None of our growth in the past years is possible without each one of our team members! -Teddy, CEO

8. 5.0

Best Company To Work At

Jul 8, 2021 - IT Coordinator in Pico Rivera, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Million Dollar Baby Co is an amazing company to work for. The people are great. Leadership is great. Social events are great. Personal and professional growth plans are great! Also, throughout the pandemic, the Talent Management and Senior Leadership Teams took such great care of everyone and found very clever ways of keeping everyone connected virtually or through social distancing.

Cons

honestly nothing comes to mind

3 people found this review helpful

Thank you! Teddy- CEO

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place

Aug 5, 2021 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company and culture would recommend working, here miss it a lot, the vibez are always good

Cons

Not everyone is treated equally and but other than that there isnt really much else in terms of cons

VP - Talent Management

Thanks for the vibez! I'd love to talk to you more about your "con." We've worked hard over the last few years to increase transparency and improve communication at all levels in hopes that it leads to more trust throughout our organization. Thanks for your feedback and your reminder that despite our glassdoor rating, there's still much more we can do to create an amazing workplace for all. - Teddy, CEO

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company!

Apr 8, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Emphasis on creating a warm, welcoming culture and supporting each other through rapid growth! Management works hard to create synergy between the teams and make sure everyone is aligned on goals. Everyone really cares about what they are doing and management cares that each employee is happy and on a path for growth.

Cons

None, they are doing a great job!

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0

So thankful!

Jan 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wanted to write a new review to thank the team leads at MDB Co. for your wonderful care towards all employees during COVID-19. The care packages, the flexibility, the commitment to providing for us, it has truly been a reflection of the core of this company. I've never been prouder to say that I work here.

Cons

a growing company means lots of work!

2 people found this review helpful

VP - Talent Management

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews
</>Embed

Million Dollar Baby Co. Reviews FAQs

Million Dollar Baby Co. has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 75 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Million Dollar Baby Co. to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Million Dollar Baby Co. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Million Dollar Baby Co.. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

91% of Million Dollar Baby Co. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Million Dollar Baby Co. 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Million Dollar Baby Co. to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, compensation.

Popular Careers with Million Dollar Baby Co. Job Seekers