Millward Brown Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Millward Brown CEO Travyn Rhall
Travyn Rhall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company really preaches flexible working hours; one can really come to office late (in 25 reviews)

• The environment was very supportive and collaborative and there was a great work-life balance (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is difficult to achieve (in 70 reviews)

• Long hours, Changing constantly partners during brainstorming sessions (in 58 reviews)

1. "Manager, Research Design and Management"

I worked at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

Great team of highly motivated individuals. Ability to work with a wide variety of clients. Learning opportunities.

Cons

Too structured with too much corporate red tape for advancement. Leadership values the business over the individuals. Horrible work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Take time to appreciate employees and respect their personal time. Set expectations from beginning for typical hours worked and compensate accordingly.

2. "Good experience but tons of bureaucracy"

I worked at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

High profile clients, and very transferable work experience in the industry.

Cons

It's become a bit too big with the seemingly continuous consolidation and restructuring of other Kantar companies. Constant structural changes, and lots of layoffs

Advice to Management

I just feel that there was always a big disconnect

"administrative"

I worked at Millward Brown full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

nice people in some of the offices

Cons

low pay and not enough training for new employees

Advice to Management

much confusion, too many changes that were not thought out

4. "Loved it"

Former Employee - Data Specialist in Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Data Specialist in Warwick, RI

I worked at Millward Brown full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great first experience for a fill time job. I loved it

Cons

Didn't really get raises, it had a very college atmosphere which got tiring after a while

5. "Many doubts !!!!!!!!"

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

Over worked, UNDERPAID not appreciated & NO MERIT INCREASES

Advice to Management

Do away with the offshoring! Your clients are extremely unhappy! Your vendors aren't getting paid!

"Worst company I’ve been at, but is a good place to get a crash course in advertising effectiveness research"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

Good place to understand digital media and work on building your resume. Sometimes you’ll find people who are willing to work as hard as you (60+ hour weeks), though most aren’t willing to stay past 6.

Cons

There are quite a few cons, so here goes:

- toxic team environment. Senior leaders pick favorites and promote them quickly while others have to beg for months. Contributions are not recognized unless you are a favorite. Promotions of favorites also happen regardless of their ability to be a good researcher. There are senior people on the team who have never touched data the entire time they’ve worked here.

- toxic mid level employees. Supervisors on the team tend to have negative attitudes. It ranges from complaining all the time to outright rude/abrasive personalities. No one deserves to be publicly humiliated for a mistake in a report draft or forgetting to ask a question on a client call.

- little career movement. There is always a roundabout conversation and chase during promotion discussions about why HR is making it difficult to promote team members, which seems like a smoke screen most of the time.

- about 70% of the team (regardless of title) don’t understand the reasons why they look at data the way they do, and don’t understand research that you would expect them to. Very little people understand the difference between different stat tests, and can’t create their own weighting schemes. They rely heavily on the tools, thus making it hard for them to train and teach more junior associates how/why they do what they do.

- no overtime pay, no bonuses (unless you’re a people manager or a certain level +), benefits are mediocre

Advice to Management

A healthy culture is hard to cultivate, and can’t be done simply through words.

7. "Enjoyed my Time at MB!"

Former Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX

I worked at Millward Brown full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Upward mobility, and opportunity for travel and multi-disciplinary training across client service and analytic job roles.

Cons

Long hours and stressful deadlines. High turn over at lower level jobs. Timelines were sometimes unreasonable and often had internal procedures that were cumbersome.

Advice to Management

Better integration for merged companies.

8. "Sales"

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

Great Flexibility regarding in-office/WFH if needed. Excellent brand that is well known and respected. Smart, nice, hard working employees.

Cons

Large change in sales compensation package for the negative. Volume of work can be intense. Complex organization can be difficult to navigate, or make changes needed.

Advice to Management

Don't lose site of the value of your people and their experience when considering the bottom line.

9. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

Challenging roles and great people to work with

Cons

Career progression can be well defined

10. "Great Teammates, but still a corporate atmosphere"

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

The people I work with are commonly some of the best in the field. Everyone is very team focused and thoughtful. I never feel as though anyone is out to get me, and management is always looking for ways to make the position the best fit for me!

Cons

The company is large, so sometimes decisions are made above my direct management that are not favorable. This can makes you feel like you are just a number on Corporate's spreadsheet, and therefore, expendable.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing in Chicagoland!