Millward Brown "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Millward Brown Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 4, 2019

3.5
Millward Brown CEO Travyn Rhall
Travyn Rhall
Pros
  • "good work environment and you get to pick which shifts you work so it's really flexible(in 50 reviews)

• "Best place to start off career in Market Research(in 49 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Company, Great Culture, and Room for Upward Mobility!"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time for less than a year

Pros

WFH Ability Casual Corporate Environment Access to Top Clients/Agencies in the Industry Training for your Career, not your role Expansive Opportunities Social work environment Good pay

Cons

Work/Life Balance Ease of Upward Mobility (Have to be Vocal and Find new opportunities yourself)

Advice to Management

Offer incentives if not promotions/bonuses Don't leave praise out for peers to provide and rather take note to pay attention for yourself

Millward Brown2019-03-06
  2. "Client Analyst"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Millward Brown

Pros

Amazing work environment, everyone is so nice, i was immediately welcomed and never felt embarrassed to ask for help

Cons

my tasks were slightly boring

Millward Brown2017-03-10

"Great people, tough hours, rewards negligible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Millward Brown full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, some fantastic clients, different challenges each and every day, great working environment, fairly supportive.

Cons

Long hours for most, little recognition of efforts by many seniors, usual agency-side hardships, new senior management (so no comment on them).

Millward Brown2016-05-22

"Becoming consistently more corporate"

I have been working at Millward Brown

Pros

Great relationship with clients Young working environment

Cons

Shifts in values as the unit (MBD) is integrated into the corporate requirements Knowingly unattainable growth goals

Millward Brown2015-11-19
  5. "Good"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Millward Brown

Pros

really enjoy the dynamic working environment and the content of the work great learning curve

Cons

work-life balance should be a little bit better typically work 12+ hours if the company is in busy season

Advice to Management

I think the management system is fine, at least for me. I do enjoy the work!

Millward Brown2015-11-07

"Research Executive"

I worked at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers; proper amount of training; good working environment; supervisors were generally nice and easy-going, and very helpful in terms of juniors' career growth

Cons

saleries and compensations were generally low if you didn't negotiate with the company. you need to work overtime every now and then but there is no compensation for OT

Millward Brown2015-08-11
  7. "Research Operations Coordinator"

I have been working at Millward Brown

Pros

Ability to work frim home. Opportunity for overtime. Generally a good work environment.

Cons

No salary increases in awhile.

Millward Brown2015-04-19

"Good company, a little uncertainty because of recent merger."

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

Collaborative working environment, good PTO policies except no carryover, opportunities for those willing to work for them and be assertive on goals.

Cons

Recent merger seems to have led to a more top-down approach for decision-making that may ultimately impact revenues and working conditions.

Advice to Management

Upper management, go back to involving middle management in decisions ; that will make the decisions and implementations better with the side-benefit of more buy-in.

Millward Brown2014-11-03

"Underpaid and long hours, but great benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Millward Brown full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Autonomous work environment which allowed me to manage my projects efficiently. Good office environment and the benefits package was very competitive.

Cons

Promotions ceased the last few years I worked with the company citing the downturn of the economy. More responsibilities were placed on the project management department, but no raises given for the longer hours and increased workload. I did not care for the review process, it could have been made easier to comply so that when yearly reviews came around you didn't have to fill out so much paperwork.

Advice to Management

Simply need to stay more in tune with employees workloads and compensate accordingly.

Millward Brown2014-10-22

"A company that has lost its way"

I have been working at Millward Brown full-time

Pros

The MB brand name still has some credibility the research world. Relatively collegial at the entry to mid level. The work environment is friendly and well-mannered. The firm is also very international and relatively progressive. Very gay and women friendly. If you don't know anything about the industry it is not a bad place to spend 1-3 years.

Cons

Politics at the top is mercenary, everyone looks out for number 1 only. Too many legacy employees with titles but no substantive skills, so they have a lot of self-interest to protect but little drive to truly make the company better. There is no 360 review so managers are not easily held accountable. Bad with technology. Strategic implementation is bad. Plenty of management with little leadership abilities. ... Gentle finger pointing and blame casting abound. Lots of low-grade hypocrisy and passive aggressiveness - typically not due to hostility/vitriol but fear and incompetence. Lots of red tape. If you are the type who wants to work hard, produce excellent results, learn and progress in the organization via substantive skills and contribution to the firm then MB will be a difficult place for you. The firm has trouble keeping its star employees, which says something about a lot of things. Nevertheless, it is not necessarily worse than other places and is in fact better than many places.

Advice to Management

Have courage. Lead from the front. Discourage sycophantic behavior. Be less self-serving and be truly client-serving. Be true the firm's own values. Make true on your promises to be transparent and live by the values of the firm.

Millward Brown2014-07-16