Milwaukee Tool Reviews | Glassdoor

Milwaukee Tool President Steven P. Richman
Steven P. Richman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It can be a little more difficult to keep a good work-life balance but if you are diligent you can make it work (in 13 reviews)

• certain times in project schedule require long hours (in 18 reviews)

"Intern"

I worked at Milwaukee Tool full-time

Pros

The coworkers are great and make you feel very welcome and supported. There is always someone around to help you if you have any questions. The projects I got to work on were varied so I never had a dull day. I gained experience in all areas of my field and had a nice mix of easier projects and projects that challenged me. Pay is great especially for an internship and the work enviornment provides space for collaboration, individual work, and lots of natural lighting. Management was amazing and willing to help tailor your experience to your career goals as well as allowing you to work on a flexible schedule.

Cons

As with any job, the workload fluctuated. There were times I had plenty of projects to work on and a few times I struggled to keep busy. Past orientation, there were not many events to help interns in different departments get to know each other.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting internally and driving innovation. I always appreciated that at least two members of the executive team (one in my department, one not) would stop and say hi to me by name in the hallway. Keep showing your support for employees.

2. "Operations Analyst"

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time

Pros

Nice people. Great place for growth.

Cons

Poor management. Fundamental problems with the overall structure of company.

Advice to Management

Focus on whats causing the problems, not the actual problems.

"Operations Development Program"

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, empowering company that is never satisfied and constantly growing

Cons

Some facilities located in less than attractive living areas

Advice to Management

None

4. "Sales"

Pros

Great products, very innovative and fast growing company

Cons

Limited promotion opportunities without having to relocate

5. "Think before you go for the interview"

Current Employee - Picker in Olive Branch, MS
    Current Employee - Picker in Olive Branch, MS

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job if you're desperate as I was.

Cons

There are so many things wrong with the company. Nobody knows what is going on, If you ask 5 supervisors, leads and upper management you will get 5 different answers.
    There is really not any room for advancement unless you are a favorite. Experience does not matter, it's who you know.
    You are suppose to do a certain number of picks per hour, no errors, etc. or you will be talked to and or written up. I've yet to find anyone who has been written up. I've been hearing this since I started. You are never acknowledged if you do a good job, but they are quick to point out 1 mistake, nothing is done about the mistake, but they let you know.
    Everyone gets the same raise. Doesn't matter if you do your job or not.
    Also, if you work on 3rd shift, you can sleep on the job, have your picture taken and shown to HR and still keep your job. How cool is that?
    I left a job with the same problems. I know all companies have their problems and they are not perfect. But there is such a thing as treating employees with respect, dignity and recognizing employees who truly do a good job and actually care. But this company does not do these things and I am on the search for something else.

Advice to Management

You need to recognize your good employees, hold all 3 shifts to the same standard and be more selective about who your hire. Your good employees are leaving because you don't care.

"Overall a great company, some managers are not effective leaders/teachers"

I worked at Milwaukee Tool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and benifits

Cons

Some employees promoted to managers but are not actual leaders/management material. The company tried to teach these skills through classes but that doesn't always translate to being a good manager.

Advice to Management

Be more selective in who you promote to management.

7. "Single Store Rep"

Current Employee - Territory Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

Nice hours: 7-3:30, company paid truck, nice team members who I wish I got to see more! It's fun to throw events in stores

Cons

Not enough pay, can get mind numbing, clock in/clock out is frustrating when you are a salaried employee. Wish they were more forward in interviews

Advice to Management

When we reach out for help, get back to us. Seems very unorganized at times

8. "Accounting"

I worked at Milwaukee Tool full-time

Pros

The products are outstanding. You can be proud of your company's reputation and quality. Many opportunities for growth. They know how to have fun.

Cons

Demographic among professional positions is very young (20's) without kids so they can work many hours and are inexpensive to the company. 12 hour workdays are common and nearly all are salaried.

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind and have a tiny bit of empathy and understanding for others' situations and what they could be going through. Look at a person's overall loyalty either to the company or the customers being serviced when making personnel decisions. You can't coach "caring". Those that will be there for the long run are those that show commitment throughout...otherwise you're just a stepping stone for another analyst position at a better paying, better balanced, more mature company.

"Brand Manager"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of room for advancement, lots of responsibility & growth within roles. Fast paced, fun and unique culture

Cons

Sometimes moving so fast that training new employees falls to wayside. Current employees can be overloaded with projects, spread too thin

10. "Great high paced environment..."

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth and commitment to innovative products

Cons

Salary base is low relative to experience