Milwaukee Tool Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

4.6
Milwaukee Tool President Steven P. Richman
Steven P. Richman
Pros
  • "The fast paced nature of the company is obvious(in 88 reviews)

• "Great culture, fast advancement, great people(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-Life Balance is hard to mainatin(in 44 reviews)

• "You have to manage the workload like any other fast paced work place(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Milwaukee Tool and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company to work for

May 10, 2021 - CAD Designer in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are treated very well

Cons

Expectations are very high, this is not a company that accepts average.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t be fooled

May 4, 2021 - Senior Project Leader in Brookfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits Nice, new facilities

Cons

Worst work environment I have ever been in- no respect. Culture value of “candid” is used as an excuse for rude behavior. Some leaders rule by bullying tactics. I’ve literally been screamed at multiple times and when shared with my multiple managers, nothing was done except excuses were made. Leadership is made up of a Frat Boy crew who are unprofessional and regularly use profanities but like to pass it off as being casual. People are continuously promoted who lack experience and knowledge to be successful which leads to poor decision making and send teams scrambling in bad directions only to revert course and redirect leading to unnecessary rework. Severe lack of diversity throughout. No amount of money or benefits or perks make that environment worthwhile.

4 people found this review helpful

Milwaukee Tool Response

VP Human Resources

We appreciate your candid feedback as this is the straightforward feedback we want to hear so we may continuously improve. We certainly do not condone the behavior you cited. You are correct, candid is not an excuse to be rude, but an opportunity to respectfully ask questions to objectively better understand circumstances to then enable us to act with a One Team mentality to make the best possible decisions for the organization. Many of our leaders have grown with us from the first day of their professional career and other leaders have joined us from other organizations. All of them have varying backgrounds and experiences to help us innovate and continue changing and improving to meet our organizational and user needs. Please feel free to contact Human Resources to help us understand the circumstances you describe so we may improve throughout our organization.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company... Just not for me

May 9, 2021 - Operations Supervisor in Olive Branch, MS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was AWESOME. OT was paid hourly for supervisors on top of our salary. The senior leadership was very approachable & made you feel as if they cared about issues you faced within operations. Great culture and easy to get acclimated to it

Cons

TOO MUCH OVERTIME!!!! During my time there, it was like the company prided themselves on working 7-Day work weeks. That hourly OT rate for supervisors was awesome but you work so much that you couldn’t enjoy it. Employees would run to senior leadership and senior leadership would side with them. Wouldn’t listen to suggestions about starting a weekend shift to alleviate some stress from 7-Day work weeks.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wouldn't rather be anywhere else

May 6, 2021 - Project Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly embraces empowered leadership and allows for the ability to make fast, impactful decisions.

Cons

If I had to write something as a con, I would say work life balance, but that is more limited by my ability to say not say no to additional workload and projects.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Project Leader

May 6, 2021 - Project Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture and management for sure

Cons

I don't have any cons that I can think of.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The "Culture" is not the same in all parts of the business

May 10, 2021 - IT Manager in Brookfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Good compensation Nice facilities Lots of company growth

Cons

Company is overwhelmed with growth IT is very dysfunctional and lacks any real leadership Toxic environment within IT and lots of talented people leaving

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

RFS TR

Jan 12, 2021 - Territory Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company, Spares no expense on employees, great promotion opportunity, good leadership, fun at times

Cons

Not all TR positions are created equal, Work-life balance, regional managers treat TRs as replaceable assets instead of human beings, training for position is not very effective, you deal with a lot of problems and it quickly becomes physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting, RFS TR pay is an insult once you find out you have the job of someone 2-3 positions higher plus massive merchandising resets. This is any other TR role on hard mode and it highly depends on the size and history of your territory

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Career Growth

Apr 20, 2021 - Design Engineer II in Brookfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent platform for growth and numerous lateral or vertical opportunities. Plenty of great resources to help with project obstacles and also personal growth.

Cons

Be prepared to work more hours than you'd expect. Regular nightly calls and coincident projects will require you to maintain a strict work-life balance to avoid burnout.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast paced and exciting! Lots to do and showcasing your chops it’s a recurring opportunity.

Apr 19, 2021 - The Best Platform for Career Growth
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are for the most part team players. Everyone has a stake in the company’s success.

Cons

Long hours. Rome wasn’t built in one day. The bigger your role, the more demanding it becomes.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good experience depending on the manager

May 14, 2021 - Product Marketing Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, working with different teams

Cons

Work-life balance, unorganized business, weak training/onboarding

Viewing 1 - 10 of 602 Reviews