Milwaukee Tool Reviews

Updated May 17, 2022

Found 840 of over 963 reviews

4.5

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "It is a great culture and I enjoy being around the people I work with.(in 101 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great(in 76 reviews)
  • "Great people that are passionate about the work they do and products they make provide a rewarding work environment.(in 59 reviews)
  • "the pay is good and the company is rapidly growing(in 36 reviews)
  • "Advancement opportunities if you buy in to the 'work hard / play hard' culture.(in 25 reviews)
Cons
  • "no work life balance(in 31 reviews)
  • "bad management and they hired constantly so easy to get replaced(in 25 reviews)
  • "The company tried to teach these skills through classes but that doesn't always translate to being a good manager.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Day to day operations can be long hours but you can rely on a buissy day(in 16 reviews)
  • "Frequent long hours and brutal international travel(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Milwaukee Tool and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Infectious culture encourages me continue to learn in my role

Mar 28, 2022 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Motivating and infectious culture - Continued growth opportunities - One team mentality, the collaboration that occurs cross-functionally creates wonderful learning opportunities

Cons

Being involved with such a fast-paced company and considering the growth trajectory we are on at times it can be overwhelming. Things are always changing for the better, and leadership continues to value the opinions of its employees.

Social Media Manager

Thanks for this candid review! We love hearing from our employees to know how we're doing and identify areas of opportunity and growth. Our unique culture enables us to innovate and push the status quo. Being the fastest growing brand in the industry, our company and employees have opportunities like few brands have ever seen before.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and rapid growth

May 17, 2022 - Chief Engineer in Brookfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Milwaukee Tool employees and leaders live and reinforce the culture on a daily basis. There are incredibly talented people here and the knowledge is openly shared to support the benefit of the company and the "one team" mentality. Strategy is in place and communicated to all supporting the growth trajectory. Milwaukee Tool does a nice job welcoming and developing new employees.

Cons

With many new employees we have some inefficiencies, however, this will improve with time.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Milwaukee Tool Review

May 16, 2022 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture - Training - Professional Development - Empowerment - Lack of "Red Tape"

Cons

- Not a con if it's not an issue for you, but the people who find success at Milwaukee all seem to be "Self Starters" and know how to stay busy / find work

4. 5.0

Milwaukee Tool - The Place To Be

May 11, 2022 - Systems Analyst II in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are second to none Great benefits Work / Life balance Opportunities galore Top notch facilities (Cafeteria and Work Out rooms)

Cons

In the time I have been with Milwaukee tool (7 months) I have yet to encounter a con.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture in action

May 10, 2022 - Project Leader in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

When you have a workplace that takes the culture into account the way Milwaukee Tool does you can really flex your creative and ingenuity knowing that it will add to the conversation and be welcomed.

Cons

Maybe more so than other companies, obsession can lead to non "standard" work hours. A small price to pay (if your lifestyle can sustain it) for the clarity and speed to action it affords in a globally sourced company.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture

May 10, 2022 - Mechanical Design Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Candid communication with strong teamwork and goal oriented environment

Cons

Tight schedules and agile work environment can be stressful at times

7. 5.0

Excellent workplace

May 11, 2022 - Electrical Engineer in Brookfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best workplaces you will ever work at. Everyone is willing to help, all you got to do is ask. There are a lot of training sessions to help you settle as a new employee. A lot of employee events that are hosted every few weeks that allows you to meet new people and make friends. Milwaukee tool also has great culture and values.

Cons

You work with a lot of people which can be overwhelmed at first.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

So Many Opportunities!!!

May 10, 2022 - Manager, Talent Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Tons of opportunity to grow my career -Freedom to develop and design my work -Good work/life balance -Pay -Benefits

Cons

-Fast growth has led to some confusion, but this is getting better as we learn

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic and challenging

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Challenging work

Cons

Fast paced culture takes a few weeks to match

Social Media Manager

We work hard, diving into every project with a sense of urgency. We welcome challenges and thrive in a fast-paced environment, but we always have fun along the way! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

10. 5.0

Life at Milwaukee Tools

May 4, 2022 - Associate Analyst-IT in Olive Branch, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Like the culture, work environment, and flexibility that the company offers.

Cons

None. I am enjoying working at Milwaukee Tools.

Social Media Manager

Hi there! We're glad to hear you've been enjoying your position on our team and have been embracing our unique culture. This feedback is what we love to see so we know which areas we're succeeding in, and where there is room for growth.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 840 Reviews

Milwaukee Tool Reviews FAQs

Milwaukee Tool has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 963 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Milwaukee Tool to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Milwaukee Tool employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Milwaukee Tool. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

91% of Milwaukee Tool employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Milwaukee Tool 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Milwaukee Tool to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Milwaukee Tool Job Seekers