Minacs Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

United States

2.1
Anil Bhalla

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work / life balance with opportunity for advancement if you are qualified and work hard (in 17 reviews)

• Good work environment to start the carrier and growth opportunities are transparent (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad Team leaders, waste teams i you have talent in multi lingual then you are done (in 22 reviews)

• At the end of the day this is a call center and I'd say half the people that try this job will leave within the first three months (in 16 reviews)

1. "Onstar Technical Assistance Advisor"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Advisor in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Advisor in Warren, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome training program; Team Leader's are great and helpful. New skills in computer programs.

Cons

Constant performance review on calls even after training and if you are hitting goal. Need more break time to get up and stretch. Compensation hits a ceiling in current position.

2. "Minacs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Apple is okay new manager

Cons

Unorganized hr and favorites

3. "Csr"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great, incentives, blue Cross blue shield benefits, easy, decent pay, poor management

Cons

Poor management, all the Team leads are in control of your job, very Ghetto hoodrats, no room for advancement, no raises, alot of haters(management) team leads talk to you any kind of way and the boss will allow it. Worst company I ever worked for, high turnover rate hiring 30 people a month firing alot of people.

Advice to Management

Take control of the floor and stop allowing team leads to make decisions. Horrible management none of the HR care about the workers, hope you lose your contracts because your company is unprofessional and I would not recommend a stray Dog to work for you.

4. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of staff, great environment

Cons

Hours are long, sundays and evening shift

5. "A good call centre"

Former Employee - Customer Support Technician in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Technician in Fremont, CA

I worked at Minacs (Less than a year)

Pros

it was a good place to work if you want to be a call centre agent

Cons

i didn't work for long enough. nothing to comment.

Advice to Management

Thanks.

6. "RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Henrico, VA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Henrico, VA

I worked at Minacs as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn to have patience with coworkers and clients while learnin something new. A hour lunch is appreciated. You meet new people.

Cons

Checks are shorted so watch your money, management are young in age and mind and dont have a clue. Alot of favoritism, if your not in a crew then no promotion even your qualified. Training was like an after hours club, no structure and there were two fights in the class.

Advice to Management

Be fair to everyone and stick to the rules for all not just a few employees.

7. "Good Company to work for if you enjoy working in a call center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Warren, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked as customer service supervisor for OnStar, They were always providing excellent training so you knew exactly what you were doing. Team leaders were always available to help if you needed them give advice on how to handle calls. Over time was always available which was a plus. Their benefits packages were decent.

Cons

Having to work mandatory overtime when things were busy in the department I worked in and schedule bidding for your month's schedule it was based on a variation of customer surveys and quality so, for example, you could have a 98% average quality for the previous month and two bad customer surveys and get a close schedule and have to work weekends even if quality reviewed the bad customer survey call and everything was done correctly

Advice to Management

Base schedules on overall quality and seniority

8. "If your looking for good BPO profile then this company is good"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Fremont, CA

I worked at Minacs (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company for Tech support profile

Cons

they have more domestic process

9. "Review"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Southfield, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time

Pros

Coworkers will always help. Atmosphere depends on manager, if you are under normal manager you are OK. Excellent and consistent training. Stability of paycheck. If you have good attendance- hard to get fired.

Cons

They promote on the basis of interview. So if they have 2 people going for position and one is a complete idiot - by answering one interview question better, they will be accepted since they "were better prepared for interview". I know it is normal practice when hiring, but people work there and you can see how little understanding they have and how Little work they do.

Advice to Management

Pointless

10. "Poor priorities - under value employees"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility of work / home life - with hours worked, and work from home.

Cons

No raises for years and years (8 years was my longest stretch) though cost of living continues to go up.

Benefits continued to decline, though costs continued to increase. When I left I was forced to accept HMO health care because the PPO plan was preposterously expensive! For the number of people working at the company, better plans should be available.

Communication was very poor. If you worked for a manager who didn't interact with their team, you received very little information. Company did initiate quarterly Town Hall meetings, which gave a tiny hint of what was happening with the company- but was definitely glossed over to fit a rosy picture.

As people left, they were not replaced and work was shifted to the remaining employees - which meant long hours trying to keep up with the workload with no extra compensation or even recognition of the effort!

Advice to Management

See the value of your employees, and reward longevity and hard work.

If the company truly wants to follow a methodology (Agile) then pay to have coaches train the staff so that the methodology is handled consistently and appropriately.