KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MindGym Reviews

Updated Oct 9, 2021

Found 107 of over 121 reviews

3.8
MindGym CEO Octavius Black (no image)
Octavius Black
Pros
  • "While the environment is very fast paced it isn't internally competitive(in 8 reviews)

• "Colleagues are hard working, driven and motivated to do a good job - as well as being truly down to earth and lovely people(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is a culture that is based on high expectations and little support(in 10 reviews)

• "It is run by two passionate, brilliant people who often fail to see how their actions dictate a toxic work environment(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Couldn't be happier

Aug 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best decision to come here. The leadership listen, open to hearing divergent thoughts, and people are talented and smart. The future is bright - very excited to be a part of the company's growth.

Cons

So much work it piles on. Would be best if there was more planning to ensure proper resourcing and delivery.

MindGym Response

Thanks for your review, delighted to hear that your experience at MindGym is living up to your expectations.

2. 5.0

I love my job!

Jul 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Autonomy -Leadership -Great culture and super bright coworkers -The work we are doing/offer to our clients! -Work/Life balance -Flexibility -DEI initiatives -Employee wellbeing is important -Encourage continuous learning & participation in our trainings offered -The future is digital, which is recognized and where the company is going -Room for Growth/ career mapping

Cons

Honestly, no complaints on my end. If you prefer a job where you won't be challenged and a slow paced environment, this is not the place for you.

MindGym Response

Thanks for the review, great to have such enthusiastic people on our team. Go MindGym.

3. The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

6,948

602 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0

New Hire Review

Jun 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone in every area has been eager and willing to assist in my on boarding.

Cons

There is a high level of ambiguity as the company is growing quickly. This is only a con if you are not comfortable with that environment.

5. 5.0

Great junior sales role

Dec 8, 2020 - Regional Client Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Managers give you as much autonomy or guidance as your prefer. Pay is very competitive. This role gives you great exposure to how to own a book of business before you have your own quota.

Cons

Company is a bit disorganized internally at times but no red flags at all

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Hi - thanks for leaving this review. We're really pleased to hear you're enjoying your role at Mind Gym and getting plenty of development along the way. As a fast growing business we're definitely concentrating on how to be as focused and organised as possible - lots of energy is going into just that. Mark Dickinson-Keen, Chief People Officer.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company with loads of potential

Sep 15, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Amazing Product *Smart talented employees *Open to better ways of working *Team atmosphere

Cons

*Small company, everyone has a lot on their plates and shares workload across departments *Has somewhat of a start up feel, still figuring out the best way to do things

Chief People Officer

Hi - thanks for leaving this review. We're really pleased to hear you're enjoying your role at Mind Gym and particularly that you're excited about our amazing people and products. We agree with your advice too! Mark Dickinson-Keen, Chief People Officer.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Meaningful Work

Oct 17, 2019 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

-People who work at Mind Gym are genuine, intelligent, and hard working individuals -The company mission is rewarding, all MG teams work collaboratively to impact and change the lives of individuals in the workplace - for the better - A culture built on trust, most are given high levels of autonomy within their roles - While the environment is very fast paced it isn't internally competitive. Your coworkers will lift you up and are always willing to lend a helping hand - Strong leaders at the management level attribute towards a healthy and mature working environment - An environment full of top performers- surround yourself with individuals who have the drive, ambition, and initiative to succeed

Cons

- The company has its growing pains - a mid size company that wants to grow rapidly but sometimes feels stuck within old habits - US priorities can be given more attention, to avoid a feeling of disconnect from the UK

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging but rewarding place to work

Nov 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Brilliant and talented people -Amazing organizational mission -Tons of runway for career growth -Strong YoY financial performance -Great international exposure With the right mindset and attitude, Mind Gym is an amazing place. If you're looking to grow fast, this is the place to be.

Cons

-Steep learning curve -Challenging work environment -Growing pains -High expectations -Poor systems/technology Mind Gym is very fast-paced and far from your traditional 9-5. For some, this poses great opportunity. For others, it can be too much to handle.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Finance

Jul 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow Exceptionally friendly and collaborative people to work with Relaxed environment and flexible to accommodate work life balance People passionate about the mission Fast paced and growing quickly

Cons

Pay Fast paced High Expectations (also a great thing)

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing people and a contagiously happy workplace

Jun 29, 2017 - Business Development Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best work environment I have been a part of, even the CEO is approachable. The products the company sells are fascinating, you come away with a refreshed perspective about how you should treat yourself and others in the workplace.

Cons

Not much vertical movement, the position you enter the company is the one you’ll most likely be in when you leave.

CEO

I'm delighted to hear we're all approachable - please keep telling me what isn't working. I'm often the last to know, which is a shame as I'm probably one of the better placed to fix it when I do know. On vertical promotions, whilst in some small teams we are too small a business for traditional promotions, still 21% of US team were promoted last year. I hope it will be the same this year. Even better if you're one of them. If you're unsure what it takes, please ask your manager and/or the people team. If that doesn't give you a clear enough answer, please come and talk with me.

11. 5.0

Exciting growth ahead

Jun 22, 2017 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mind Gym is growing incredibly fast and being on the front lines for 2+ years has provided me with amazing learning experiences - not only in my own role but in business as well. The company is filled with passionate, brilliant and most of all, kind, colleagues. I find I feel invigorated when I am in the office (as I usually work remotely - the company is very flexible with working accommodations), as opposed to some offices that seem to really drain the life out of people. What I also really appreciate is the fact we operate globally. I've never had exposure to working for a company based outside of the US and building relationships with colleagues across the pond has been one of my favorite parts. I feel this has given me the opportunity to grow culturally (outside of just developing my career) and establish friendships abroad. We work hard here, but consistently are recognized and rewarded for going above and beyond. From huge company celebrations in places like Copenhagen, to smaller monetary rewards or even just company shout-outs - I feel like my work matters and is seen by management.

Cons

We do operate VERY quickly and I've noticed the pace isn't always for everyone. I think recruiting and teams are pretty up front with this in the interview process - they definitely aren't lying. Also, for a while most of senior leadership was based in the UK office but over the past few months there's been a lot more presence in the US. I've also noticed more senior leaders being added to the team in the US which is great to have in the office.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

I am deeply heartened by your comments, in particular, "The company is filled with passionate, brilliant and most of all, kind, colleagues". A fellow entrepreneur was showing the leader of a large multi-national round his company. The visitor noted how kind everyone was and asked 'how do you operationalize that?' thereby showing how little he understood it! Kindness is something you have and we recruit for (we call it 'generosity'). I am so glad it is so apparent to you. Thank you for contributing so actively to the team we are and, specifically, for taking the time to share your thoughts here with which I am in wholehearted agreement.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 107 Reviews